T-Mac-"5 Percent Of NBA Players Are Gay"

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by mike18946, Sep 12, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YaoMing03-04:</div><div class="quote_post">.
    Why do people look at Kobe as if he committed a crime, all he did was cheat
    on his wife, he is only charged of rape, cheating doesnt make Kobe a bad person.</div>

[​IMG] He is ONLY charged of rape? do you know what you just posted? rape is VERY serious..and if it is true that he did it he will go to jail for a long time....So yes he did commit a crime if found guilty..

2. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YaoMing03-04:</div><div class="quote_post">
    on his wife, he is only charged of rape, cheating doesnt make Kobe a bad person.</div>
    i dont know about everyone else on this board but i think cheating on your is a bad thing to do, and to say he is only charged of rape makes you sound like a sick freak that has some problems

3. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting go_duke21:</div><div class="quote_post">i dont know about everyone else on this board but i think cheating on your is a bad thing to do, and to say he is only charged of rape makes you sound like a sick freak that has some problems</div>

Yeah even if he didnt rape her he still did something very wrong. And rape is <u>terrible</u>

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Riot_Starter:</div><div class="quote_post">Madsen is Mormon, as am I. We don't believe in sex before marriage. If he gets seen with women, he knows that the media would judge our whole religion. Let's try and be more religiously accepting ADMIN ("no personal attacks"). Mormon does not equal gay, buddy.

Why exactly are we discussing these two topics on the same thread? Who cares about the Juwan issue, stop whining TMac, you just good a second scorer.

This is an issue of freedom of speech. He didn't say anthing against gay. And he didn't define this homosexual behavior that he's talking about. For all we know, he could have seen two guys having gay sex.</div>

You preach freedom of speech and then tell me to refrain from my statements. [​IMG]

Does bringing a date or being in a relationship with women have to involve sex? So what if people see him with a woman, if he is true to the Morman ways than why should it matter what other people think. Or are Mormans judged by public opinion and not the God you worship?

Don't twist my words and say being Mormon = Gay, and also do not accuse me of making personal attacks in this thread because I have not attacked anyone. I explained the reasons why he is rumored to be gay. If calling someone gay is bad and a personal attack in your mind, then you are the one with the problem.

I don't have to accept your religion or any other religion, I will tolerate someone's religion, but forcing someone to accept your religion really defeats the point of being spirtitual. It should be my choice, not yours.

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YaoMing03-04:</div><div class="quote_post">Tell me ur joking , both Mike Miller and Tracy Mcgrady are married
    well i know MIke is i dont know about Tracy, but he has a daughter.

Do you support adultery and rape? Raping someone is nothing to joke about and take lightly. I do not believe Kobe raped the girl, but I am disappointed he cheated on his wife, especially since they just had a baby, a girl no less.

6. YaoMing03-04

YaoMing03-04 JBB Banned Member

i never said rape isnt serious, What i meant was he is only charged of rape. He has yet to be convicted if he ever will be. If he wants to cheat on his wife thats bn him and his wife. We have no buisness saying what his wife should do or what kobe should do. I still think Kobe is a good person.

7. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YaoMing03-04:</div><div class="quote_post">i never said rape isnt serious, What i meant was he is only charged of rape. He has yet to be convicted if he ever will be. If he wants to cheat on his wife thats bn him and his wife. We have no buisness saying what his wife should do or what kobe should do. I still think Kobe is a good person.</div>

He was charged because they said there was serious evidence to prove him guilty. Even if he didnt do it, being charged says a lot right there

8. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YaoMing03-04:</div><div class="quote_post">i never said rape isnt serious, What i meant was he is only charged of rape. He has yet to be convicted if he ever will be. If he wants to cheat on his wife thats bn him and his wife. We have no buisness saying what his wife should do or what kobe should do. I still think Kobe is a good person.</div>

I was not going to respond to this thread, but what the hell. Kobe was married, good men don't cheat on their wives. Yes that is their business, but this is the media baby, Kobe knows how the media works, he screwed up BIG TIME, charged or not, his image is tarnished.

On a side note I like what Dennis Rodman said about Utah/Mormons. I laughed.

9. cross yo ova

cross yo ova JBB Banned Member

10. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

^^^ur just saying that cuz everyone killed you on your comments

11. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Whether Kobe goes to jail or not his reputation and image will be forever tarnished because of this. He made the biggest mistake of his life by cheating on his wife and now he is facing the consequences of it. Whether or not he is convicted really doesnt matter. The fact that he was actually charged does. Kobe is one heck of a basketball player however I know I will never look at him from the non-athletic standpoint the same way as I use to.

12. Plushlux

Plushlux JBB JustBBall Member

T-mac's in that 5%

13. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Plushlux:</div><div class="quote_post">T-mac's in that 5%</div>

I doubt it, but I will say that made me laugh, lol.

14. jbbSkip

jbbSkip JBB JustBBall Member

haha funny sh!t!

15. cross yo ova

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting go_duke21:</div><div class="quote_post">^^^ur just saying that cuz everyone killed you on your comments</div>

what are you on about

16. cross yo ova

im still sticking with what i said ,its not a big idea that he said that,theres a small % in every sport....its no big deal....the only way it would be a big deal is if it effected the nba,like two players humping in the changing room after a game or before a game to warm up

17. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">You preach freedom of speech and then tell me to refrain from my statements. [​IMG]

Does bringing a date or being in a relationship with women have to involve sex? So what if people see him with a woman, if he is true to the Morman ways than why should it matter what other people think. Or are Mormans judged by public opinion and not the God you worship?

Don't twist my words and say being Mormon = Gay, and also do not accuse me of making personal attacks in this thread because I have not attacked anyone. I explained the reasons why he is rumored to be gay. If calling someone gay is bad and a personal attack in your mind, then you are the one with the problem.

I don't have to accept your religion or any other religion, I will tolerate someone's religion, but forcing someone to accept your religion really defeats the point of being spirtitual. It should be my choice, not yours.</div>

No, I preach freedom and then expect the admin to follow the forum rules that he/she enforces, and probably had a say in [​IMG] .

LOL, how old are you kid? I never asked you to accept anything, simply to respect it. How is a player not chasing women a gay thing? I'll accuse you of whatever the hell I want.

Don't respond to intimidation by twisting my words. I could care less what you think of me or my religion. I just ask that you don't publicly insult it. Forum rat.

Congrats on owning this forum. [​IMG]

This discussion does not need to continue.

18. Trail_Blazer76

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Do you support adultery and rape? Raping someone is nothing to joke about and take lightly. I do not believe Kobe raped the girl, but I am disappointed he cheated on his wife, especially since they just had a baby, a girl no less.</div>

Since we all seem to be twisting each other's words I'll do the same....

What difference does that sex of the baby make? That is the most irrelevant comment that I have heard concerning this issue, including those made by the media. If the baby was a boy would it have been okay?

If Kobe's wife had, birthed a boy, and then cheated on Kobe with a man, would you be saying "I can't believe that, they just had a baby boy...."?

Just out of curiosity are you a guy or girl?

19. Fiyah

Fiyah JBB JustBBall Member

Kobe's image has been tarnished by the rape charges and the admittance to adultery. I don't think anyone here in their right mind would support rape or adultery for that matter. But it's one thing to point out a serious mistake made by someone and its another to decide what type of person they are based on that mistake. As much as we don't like to admit it, adultery is far and wide a common occurence, epecially among the rich, wealthy and popular. Kobe Bryant just happened to get caught ... does it make him a bad person? No. He made a horrible mistake and is paying for it now. But it seems to me that people are more angry at Kobe for "tarnishing" his clean, wholesome image than they are mad at him for what he did. Lots of players in the NBA cheat on their wives/girlfriends and most of us don't think anything of it. Its a big deal now because it's some guy we never thought would do it. Well the world isn't perfect and neither is Kobe.

20. Trail_Blazer76

I see your point, but do you really consider it a mistake? You really think that Kobe is so unlucky that he just happened to get caught the first time he cheated?

I don't believe that adultery happens on the fly. It was premeditated. Anyone with a conscience thinks about the potential consequences before they cheat. I believe that Kobe chose to ignore these consequences (not for the first time) and got caught.