OT Taiwan

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

2. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

3. BigGameDamian

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Good for Pelosi.....China visited Russia after the invasion of Ukraine...they don't get to tell us who to visit. For Pelosi to not make this trip after their threats would have been a win for China...as it is this is us saying ...we don't take directions from Chinese cold war sabre rattling...just like they don't head our warnings about Russian aggression in Ukraine....China is not respecting international sanctions against Russia either.

5. BigGameDamian

6. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    When I think of Pelosi visiting Taiwan, I think of this pic:

[​IMG]

7. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Wait, who's head did she have bashed in on the way to Taiwan? Did I miss something?

Isn't that the photo he took outside the church he'd never attended after having the secret service and military beat and abuse peaceful protestors?

8. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Two words: photo op

9. Phatguysrule

Actually it seems like an important show of support for Taiwan... Especially after China warned us not to go. And especially after China has refused to cooperate in Russian sanctions.

This is a very important signal for our allies.

10. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
  11. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

Not just a show of support for Taiwan, but also a show of force vs China. If we bowed to their pressure we would have lost a lot of face, especially after they went to Russia to give Putin a hand job before Ukraine and against our wishes.

Phatguysrule and riverman like this.
  12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Taiwanese Democracy isn't important to ABM.....no surprise. To compare Trump and his upside down bible to an American speaker of the house paying respects to Tsai Ing Wen the female president of Taiwan is cowardly.....to compare that to Donald Trump is disingenuous but ABM would never say that to my wife's face, I promise you...he doesn't care about the freedoms of Taiwanese people nor their struggle to maintain their freedom in the region....he'd rather cut and paste partisan bullshit about a Democrat...not considering that Taiwan could very well be the next Ukraine. I showed this thread to my Taiwanese wife and it's safe to say, she has a very, very low opinion of ABMs attempted snark. I completely agree with her. Taiwan leads the world in computer chip technology and instead of building computer factories and labs in mainland China...the current administration in the US is working on a deal with Taiwan to manufacture chips in the US far from China's thieving hands....something that will benefit both countries immensely. Well worth establishing strong diplomatic ties with that can build an economic base that brings their expertise to our marketplace. This is hardly a "photo op" for Pelosi...it's a show of solidarity.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    Phatguysrule and SlyPokerCat like this.
  13. BigGameDamian

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

They've said from the beginning that the status quo was agreed to with mainland China as long as they didn't threaten to invade Taiwan....the idea was that Taiwan would conquer China economically, not militarily. The KMT in Taiwan says this could take many generations to happen and they are in no hurry....when Taiwanese people have food, jobs, money...they are not political...if you want them to get angry take away the food, money and jobs because until then, they are apolitical in nature.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  15. Phatguysrule

16. Phatguysrule

It'll happen soon. China will be begging Taiwan for help within a decade.

Likely much, much sooner.

riverman likes this.
  17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Last American diplomat to visit Taiwan was 25 years ago....that was Newt Gingrich.....a republican....crickets? Thought so. The first Taiwanese president Lee Tung Huei was allowed to visit his alma mater in the states as well against the wishes of China....I think he went to Cornell University

Phatguysrule likes this.
  18. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

This is all just noise. 24 hours after Pelosi leaves Taiwan, no one will ever think about her visit again, until Speaker Ocasio-Cortez visits Taiwan in 2047.

barfo

Phatguysrule and riverman like this.
  19. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Just curious, how does the Democratic Progressive Party fit into all of this?

20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

No....you're not curious...My wife is a DPP member and so are our relatives...she's Taiwanese and doesn't call herself Chinese ever......pro independence party...the party of the current president. They want to be voted into the United Nations and every diplomatic outreach is a step in the right direction. DPP means Democratic People's Party....KMT Kuomingtang is the Chinese reunification party that claims they are the true govt of China. American policy was established under KMT leadership...only over the last few decades has the DPP gotten a couple of presidents elected. How do they fit into what? Their own country? It was a democratic president who voted them out of the UN to prop up the GNP during an economic depression stateside....Jimmy Carter ....he wanted a billion Chinese buying american goods and traded 23 million Taiwanese allies to gain that market. Trumps Secretary of State Pompeo wanted to do exactly what Pelosi just did his last year in office. When it doesn't suit your political agenda, it doesn't matter eh? Do this thread a favor and delete your dumb Trump photo op for starters. When you tell me your wife is going to Cambodia to support a girls foundation I don't insult her as just going there for a photo op. This trip wasn't about Pelosi...it was about Taiwan. Your posts insult the president of Taiwan as if she is only there for an autograph.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022