Taj Gibson for a backup PG

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by transplant, Jul 26, 2015.

1. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I've heard it said that this is what the Bulls ought to do with Gibson. For me, this sounds fine, but I'm not sure the right player is out there. Also, backup PGs are typically paid a good deal less than top-notch backup bigs like Gibson so the Bulls may need to take on additional contract(s) to make it work.

Some of the names that come to mind are Beno Udrih, C.J. Watson and Devin Harris. Who am I missing? Would you trade Gibson for one of these guys?

I just don't see a deal I like, but the truth is I've never been much for trade speculation.

2. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

Taj is a much more valuable basketball player than any of those guys. Wouldn't do the deal.

I think backup PG is our biggest problem area on the roster. We simply do not have anyone that can play a two-way game. Kirk's done, and Brooks is much better as a chucker than someone who can actually run an offense. It's hard to create good lineup combinations with that.

If I had my choice I'd give the job to E'Twuan Moore.

Brooks goes to the front of the line if Rose goes down so we can replace his usage. Otherwise he doesn't play. Kirk comes out when everyone else is injured.

I'm not an expert on Hoiball, but my understanding is that it doesn't rely on the PG as much as Thibs' offense and there's a good chance our second unit will have better players than the PG they're playing with and more worthy of having the offense run through them. So I'd rather go with a distribution guy than a shoot-first guy, especially since Moore is competent defensively.