TANK!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by tlongII, Nov 20, 2019.

1. riverman

riverman Writing Team

@BonesJones I do...I listen to your podcast regularly and it's an area we simply disagree about...I'd add that I agree with way more content you guys provide and try to respect your right to your views.....I'd say the majority of forum members want Stotts gone....as a supporter of his I'm in the minority but I've gotten used to that over the years...I think he's the perfect coach for our culture and with execution he wins even without all-star rosters...this start has been ugly but he's as frustrated as the fans about it and I believe once he gets some practice time in to address the woes..he'll sort it out. I mentioned to hoops that I was happy to see you showing Olshey some support this year. I don't have a problem with different view points as long as all are handled with some respect concerning our team. Another example is Skal….I love the kids game but see one area he needs to improve....when I mention it within seconds people are saying....you hate Skal! Quite the opposite actually...I'm happy for you guys getting your podcast up and going.....the world can always use more Blazer content in my view..I listen to a variety of Blazer podcasts these days as I'm recovering

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    42N8Bounce and Orion Bailey like this.
  2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I think the pro tankers think when stuck in purgatory, middle ground, its easier to fall down then jump up. If you fall down, then you might be able to springboard up higher than before you fell. I can understand that thinking. however...

I see it as more of a crapshoot and think that you can also fall down and fall flat on your face and stay there for a while.

I say play the best ball possible and let the chips fall where they may. Come trade deadline is when to evaluate this team and make some decisions about the future. Until then you play hard.

This is the NBA, I find it hard to believe that players would just lay down. Their drive is typically insane just to get to this level. I don't think Dame will be happy with serious "load management" this early on. I think he will think its a white flag and he is NOT about that.

My fear is Dame sees it as a weakness and could lead to something where he says, "loyal to a franchise who is wasting my prime years on talent for the future? time to move on..."

Now, I think, come trade deadline, if we are not in the playoffs, you talk to Dame and figure trades for the expirings for quality players out there on the block, and you go for the lottery pick with load management. Talking 30 games or so. I think he would be okay with that. But to give up the season so early? well... I would think about my long term commitment to Portland if I were him.

Besides, who are the three top projected college players for the next draft? No one good enough to have a name that has made it to my ears. Will a lottery pick be an immediate contributor to a championship run next season? Possibly. Probably if there is a lebron, Giannis type of player, but if there was, I would have heard of them. It's possible, but unlikely, a lotto pick next season gets us such an impact player.

I think the Tank needs to head back into the hangar for another couple of months and not be so quick to just blow shit up. With that said, the tank may yet have its moment this season...but just not yet. Diplomacy first please....

42N8Bounce, Hoopguru and riverman like this.
  3. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Oh no dude, I get it. I did not mean you. You should know this. :) I meant Cup. The hypocrisy. The constant trying to call someone out when the finger pointer wasn't even part of the convo to begin with crap.
    There was no reason whatsoever to bring up @BonesJones. Just another post to try to stir the pot, fan the flames. Whatever you wanna call it, while trying to look like some peacemaker by saying let it go.
    New day, new thread, typical shit though...

And Ive never understood running to the mods to complain about someone on here....as if they have nothing better to do than to deal with drama.

Can we go back to green font now? I like that type of posting much better than this serious shit. :)

4. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

So if you view us as Stotts ditractors, and youre going to talk about Stotts ditractors in a general light, were going to think that you're talking about us. Cant blame us for thinking youre talking about us.

Im not even a part of this though, right? Right?

hoopsjock likes this.
  5. BonesJones

They all bring me up when I'm not even involved. I think own a lot of real estate.

6. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Markets on the rise! Keep buying that real estate. :)

7. riverman

riverman Writing Team

c'mon…...this conversation has been beaten into the ground already.....I've been completely civil and if you think you're a Stotts detractor and would like a coaching change..then rasta's question about failure as a team accomplishing that would prove my point. It's really simple torey and I directed my comment in that context. This whole bullshit narrative about me being a guy who lumps everyone into one group is not fair to me.....I have been lumped into many camps here by many members....you lump fans into groups as well. All the time ….I don't take issue with being a "homer" who likes Stotts...you think that hasn't gotten me some flack for 8 years? That's a double standard....I avoided making it personal in context to avoid this sort of thing. If you think my experience here supporting Stotts is not putting me into a group in your mind, I'd disagree with that.....it's human nature to take stances....I took one but in a neutral context, not a personal one and got called a coward for my opinion.....misdirected in my view. Seems it's not even possible to compliment you guys without a disclaimer...this thread is about tanking...I didn't derail it by saying Stotts detractors would accomplish a coaching change by failure.

8. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Well... Not really if you said Americans eat their babies and I dont eat my babies then Id know you werent talking about me. If I said stotts distractors feel a certain way and I didnt feel that way, Id know it wasnt about me, but like HJ Id probably say that I dont like stotts but I dont want them to lose.

Generalizations are usually not great for anyone, but its pretty easy to not feel like Im being singled out when someone makes a generalization towards a group that I would identify with, when all I have to do is a little self-reflection...

I think this topics been hammered enough though...

riverman likes this.
  9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

lock this toxic thread....there's nothing left here

10. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Blazer hugs!!!!!!!!

Unite in support and let our team do the fighting on the court tonight. :)

11. BonesJones

Thats an absolutely horrible analogy and I shouldnt have to explain why.

hoopsjock likes this.
  12. BonesJones

Well I got brought into it by you and your buddy Cup, so dont get upset when I respond.

I never said something as damning as "Stotts homers want their team to fail". If I did, you wouldve responded in kind, as should be expected.

hoopsjock likes this.
  13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

my buddy? I didn't have any exchange with cup in this entire thread....this is sort of lumping me into a group if you ask me nor did I even say that Stotts detractors were even wrong to think that....whole lotta bullshit assumptions around here....I said failure could very well accomplish what Stotts detractors want to see happen.....that's not damning nor something I want to see happen....have the fucking conversations people......I could at this point point out some things you said in your last post game podcast about "fans who piss you off"...but what would that accomplish? You have the right to that opinion.....if there's a buddy system tag team here, you've got one going on....just because someone likes my post doesn't mean they have the secret handshake and keys to my clubhouse

14. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Tanking this early might look sexy like this to some.....

[​IMG]

But I think it will look more like this when all said and done...

[​IMG]

Hoopguru and riverman like this.
  15. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I want stotts fired and cj traded. If you want to lump me into those people and call me names go ahead cause my stance is never changing.

If you resort to name calling, anyway, thats a reflection upon you, not the person youre name calling.

Now, for fucks sale, can we get along? Thank you and i love you.

16. BonesJones

Ironic.

Your misdirection...your misdirection is elite...so very elite....beyond comprehension!...

hoopsjock likes this.
  17. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

You want everyone to get along in your fuck sale???

Is that a PR term for orgy?

Hoopguru likes this.
  18. BonesJones

I see a lot of hypocritical bullshit being done by the very same people that called me out for it in the past. Thats what I have an issue with.

If yall dont want my opinion, dont bring me into things that dont involve me because I'll happily give it :D

hoopsjock likes this.
  19. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

It's one of his new global mod privileges. Check out his offerings in Denny's List.

Orion Bailey and Strenuus like this.
  20. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

You give your opinion?! Never! :D

TorturedBlazerFan and BonesJones like this.