Teddy Bruschi...

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by Pats37, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/proj...i.22672e96.html

Is reported to be returning to practice next week. All I have to say is WOW. If he is able to come back and play at the level he was at or even close to it I must say this would be a huge Boost to a defense lacking that fire both he and Rodney Harrison brought to it the last two years. Nevermind he was becoming one of the better game changing LB's in the game. Man I hope he is healthy and comes back. I would hate to see something unfortunate happen.

2. Tyl3r

Tyl3r nfl-*****s member

Yeah I read that I am glad he is a great player
    What happened to Rodney Harrison again?

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I am not a fan of this move. I think that if the Pats were doing better then they are he wouldn't be coming back.

He's got that hunger though and wants to help. I hope he plays well and this plays out for the best. Cause we all know what the worse would be. I am not sure he'll be the same player he was though. At least this season.

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

This is a terrible move!! Its like he wants to get hurt again. He should just retire because he has a few problems tht mght affect him.

5. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

i dont know he is pretty good but its his desicion

6. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

Hope this is a decision based on his health and medical advice. Not on heart or because the patriots don't look like the outfit that won 3 out of four superbowls!

Best of luck to him, great football player!

7. ranman

ranman nfl-*****s member

If he does come back he'll probably be in a limited role and not an every down linebacker.

8. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

I know it's futile for me to say this, but I wish the media would stop playing doctor with someone's life. The man has been cleared to play. He is at no more of a risk than anyone else according to medical officials. As a Pats, obviously I'd be psyched to have Tedy back, but I also know 1 man can't change everything unless his initials are LT. The Pats are 3-3 after a tough 1st part of the schedule & having yet to face a division foe. After the bye we will seperate the men from the boys in afc least.

9. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know it's futile for me to say this, but I wish the media would stop playing doctor with someone's life. The man has been cleared to play. He is at no more of a risk than anyone else according to medical officials. As a Pats, obviously I'd be psyched to have Tedy back, but I also know 1 man can't change everything unless his initials are LT. The Pats are 3-3 after a tough 1st part of the schedule & having yet to face a division foe. After the bye we will seperate the men from the boys in afc least.</div>

Well, we are talking about a brain injury and there's a lot that doctors still don't know about how those types of injuries work. I hope those doctors are right, but I will be afraid for him when he takes the field. I haven't heard everything that everyone in the media has been saying, but what I've heard is concern that the right decision is made and I feel the same way.

10. TOMW74

TOMW74 nfl-*****s member

His doctors have come out and said he is stronger than before the stroke, so we shall see. my girlfriend just called and sayed that he anounced that he will be returning and in practice on wednesday.

11. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

good luck to him and all the best i hope he doesnt get hurt again

12. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I question Bruschi's motivation. He does not have anything to prove as far I'm concerned.

I am sure he has seen top notch physicians; its not like the Boston area to be lacking in that commodity.

Best of Luck, Tedy.

13. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know it's futile for me to say this, but I wish the media would stop playing doctor with someone's life. The man has been cleared to play. He is at no more of a risk than anyone else according to medical officials. As a Pats, obviously I'd be psyched to have Tedy back, but I also know 1 man can't change everything unless his initials are LT. The Pats are 3-3 after a tough 1st part of the schedule & having yet to face a division foe. After the bye we will seperate the men from the boys in afc least.</div>

Well, we are talking about a brain injury and there's a lot that doctors still don't know about how those types of injuries work. I hope those doctors are right, but I will be afraid for him when he takes the field. I haven't heard everything that everyone in the media has been saying, but what I've heard is concern that the right decision is made and I feel the same way.</div>

You gotta wonder would he have come back if they were winning? I sure hope he is alright but when he drops the shoulder to tackle someone, I know I won't be able to watch.

And again it is just opinions, he is a pro bowl player who had a stroke and is returning before they said he ever would , so there is obviously questions surrounding his return!

14. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I dont like the move of him comming back. I would rather see Bruschi not playing and not risking having severe brain damage. He is a great player, but he needs to put his life first.

15. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I dont like the move of him comming back. I would rather see Bruschi not playing and not risking having severe brain damage. He is a great player, but he needs to put his life first.</div>

See the thing your not understanding is what caused his stroke in the first place can't happen again. He is just as much at risk of having a stroke as you or I. His stroke was minor enough where he has made a full recovery. He had a hole in his heart that alot of people have but don't even know it. A blood clot passed through this whole into another area of the heart and went straight to his brain causing his stroke. They repaired this hole with something that looks like two open umbrella's facing each other. Once this is implanted it allows the area to regenerate and actually grow tissue over it completely closing the hole. So there is no chance for this to be knocked out by a hit or anything of the sort. So the way I understand it the only thing that could have stopped him from coming back was not making a full recovery from his initial stroke. He's not like some punch drunk boxer that one more shot to the head could kill him. That was more like Ted Johnson than Bruschi. The thing is noone knows more about this than Bruschi, his family, and his doctors so you have to just trust they have crossed every T and dotted every I.

16. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

I wish Teddy the best. The Doctors (as someone already stated) have cleared him and said his chances of a repeat stroke are no higher that the average person's. Teddy is a team-first guy, and I'm sure seeing the Pats struggle a little this year has pained him. I hope the doctors are right and he can come back and make a difference. (But not too big of a difference) [​IMG].