Telfair starting PG? No Way

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by bballer768484, Oct 9, 2005.

1. bballer768484

bballer768484 JBB JustBBall Member

If the blazers start Sebastian at point guard then blazer fans better be ready for another season in the dumps, not winning and much losing. He is too young and not ready to handle being a starting point guard in the NBA.

2. Char

Char JBB Nowitzness

I think Telfair is more ready to start at PG than most pgs in the NBA. If he makes mistakes, he will learn from them and Nate McMillian will be riding him hard.

3. Flava23

Flava23 JBB JustBBall Member

I think Telfair will make a bunch of highlights this year. I believe he's up to the task.

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bballer768484:</div><div class="quote_post">If the blazers start Sebastian at point guard then blazer fans better be ready for another season in the dumps, not winning and much losing. He is too young and not ready to handle being a starting point guard in the NBA.</div>

He was very impressive in the Summer Leagues as the starting PG. I know the Summer Leagues are not a good indication, but he dominated in every game with Travis Outlaw. Telfair almost averaged a triple double in the league. The Blazers will give him the opportunity to be the starter. If he can't play consistently, then McMillan will use Dixon, Blake, or Jack to run the team. When he was in Seattle, McMillan used a two man rotation with Ridnour and Daniels. I think he will use a similar rotation in Portland with Telfair and Dixon.

5. D-Miles

D-Miles JBB JustBBall Member

i think that sebastian is going to do well. this will be a learning season but also a season to see outlaw!

6. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

He will do well, he has matured and I htink is ready to begin assuming the leadership role for this team.

7. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I think Telfair is ready. He had a solid rookie campaign and fair well while starting at the tail end of the year. I think the only thing that could hurt him is his inconsistent jump shot, but I think he'll get over that. He's going to need to improve that if he wants to be a good overall offensive player, so he will work on that indefinitely. I wouldn't worry too much about him though. He's more then ready to play the point in the NBA. He may not have great size, but he's got the skill and talent to play it.

8. The_Future

The_Future JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bballer768484:</div><div class="quote_post">If the blazers start Sebastian at point guard then blazer fans better be ready for another season in the dumps, not winning and much losing. He is too young and not ready to handle being a starting point guard in the NBA.</div>

Even without him starting this season the way I see it is in the dumps for the Blazers as there is abunch of young talent. Blazers present time won't do to well, but in the future they could be big.

9. ItsShowtyme24

ItsShowtyme24 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">He was very impressive in the Summer Leagues as the starting PG. I know the Summer Leagues are not a good indication, but he dominated in every game with Travis Outlaw. Telfair almost averaged a triple double in the league. The Blazers will give him the opportunity to be the starter. If he can't play consistently, then McMillan will use Dixon, Blake, or Jack to run the team. When he was in Seattle, McMillan used a two man rotation with Ridnour and Daniels. I think he will use a similar rotation in Portland with Telfair and Dixon.</div>

i think he will use a rotation of Bassy and Jarrett Jack.He will use dixon at the 2 more than the one i think,even though dixon is undersized that is his real position.

10. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

At this point, what have the Trailblazers got to loose? They know they aren't going to win any championships anytime soon so why would it hurt to let the young guys like Bassy play? If they can get all of their young guys to struggle now and play good in the future then this team has definite potential. They already have a nice core of young talent as it is.