Terrell Brandon Being Shopped Around

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by Shapecity, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

St. Paul Pioneer Press: "Kevin McHale, the Timberwolves' vice president of
    basketball operations, has spoken to more than one team about a trade
    involving point guard Terrell Brandon, who has not played a game for the
    Wolves since he had surgery on his left knee in February 2002."

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I expect him to be traded on draft night..or just after

3. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

Who would want him, and why?
    Just for salary cap reasons?

4. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

Good, get rid of him

5. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

i understand wanting to get rid of him, but i dont know why teams would want to get rid of a bunch of players just for more room under the salary cap. sure they could sign a good free agent, but it just doesn't sound attractive

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "magicfrankie":</div><div class="quote_post">?Just for salary cap reasons?</div>

Yep..

7. Aaron

Aaron JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "slamduncan21":</div><div class="quote_post">i understand wanting to get rid of him, but i dont know why teams would want to get rid of a bunch of players just for more room under the salary cap. sure they could sign a good free agent, but it just doesn't sound attractive</div>

either does a dollar for dollar luxary tax to most owners

8. t_wolves_6thman

t_wolves_6thman JBB JustBBall Member

brandon go to pacers....
    croshere and someone (i forgot) to wolves
    i think it's good trade...
    but there is other offer..i dont know who will take brandon but we take a few good players..

who will we pick up the draft? what's your ideas? i want to khryapa but he gave up..

9. truba03

truba03 JBB JustBBall Member

I'd rather have Jalen Rose, unless that other person is Jermaine O'Neal [​IMG]

I miss TB though, very good player

10. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

here is a stan smith trade on http://sports.espn.go.com/nbadraft/d03/story?id=1570786
    . Terrell Brandon, Anthony Peeler and Minnesota's No. 1 pick to Portland for Rasheed Wallace. Hey, the Timberwolves haven't had a No. 1 pick in so long they wouldn't know what to do with it, anyway. One small contract might need to be added to equalize the deal. Priority No. 1 in Portland is saving some money and cleaning up the team's image. Priority No. 1 in Minnesota is keeping Kevin Garnett, which means getting out of the first round of the playoffs. Wallace is difficult (OK, more than that), but the Wolves are desperate. Wallace also is a great talent who doesn't want to be the No. 1 guy. Teamed with Garnett, they could be a fearsome front line. Portland gets oodles of savings in the luxury tax with Brandon's $11.15 million salary coming off the books in January, thus saving Portland virtually double that with luxury tax. The Blazers also are ready to hand the power forward job to Zach Randolph, so it's time to send Wallace on his way. And only the desperate will put up with him.

Toronto made a better offer than this.

11. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

i don't think portland would do it. tb wouldn't be good to have on your team with injuries, and the pick isn't that good. why would portland need another 20+ pick sitting on their bench(qyntel woods last year). minnesota would get the better end of that deal by far.

12. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

brandon is going to retire so he would just be cap relief.

13. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "slamduncan21":</div><div class="quote_post">i understand wanting to get rid of him, but i dont know why teams would want to get rid of a bunch of players just for more room under the salary cap. sure they could sign a good free agent, but it just doesn't sound attractive</div>

Who cares if its attractive. He'll get traded and it will be good for both sides

14. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

That arcitle was posted already... 2nd I dont know if that would even work for the Timberwolves... Ive heard Rasheed doesnt want to be the main option for a team, but both him and KG are loud and very out going and I think they would clash... thats just me tho...

15. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

other teams want brandon because he will give them salary cap relief in february and oodles of cash on the luxary tax. so one team that will seriously consider getting brandons contract is indiana, so they can sign jermaine oneal. if we do trade with indiana, we could get artest or harrington. there is also rumors on the bulls for jalen rose, wizards for jerry stackhouse(though that one is pretty much over because of stackhouse signing an extension), and the blazers one(which i will put to a rest right here, smith just said that that is a trade that he thinks should happen, not that will happen). overall, i want the pacers one because artest or harrington would be good roll players for us, and maybe attract signing gary payton.

16. Shapecity

jermaine o'neal wants artest and harrington out of indiana. i think artest is exactly what the t-wolves need. he can score and is the defensive stopper they need to go along with kg. i think kg and artest will feed off each other's energy and kg will make sure to keep artest in check. however, artest and wally might be an explosive situation because artest is going to get on his case about not playing hard on defense.

Hudson
    Wally
    Artest
    KG
    Nesterovic (i think he'll re-sign)

17. twolvefan11

im really pushing for gary payton, so maybe a sign and trade could be involved here...................

18. Shapecity

payton is joining the "Lake Show."

19. twolvefan11

that is not for certain, and i think he has a better chance of signing with the bucks before he signs with the lakers, same with the timberwolves, but a guy can dream, cant he?

20. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

Cap reasons for sure