Terrelle Pryor (Jeannette, PA) - OHIO STATE

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by JCB, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

Yeah, heard about him. But I don't think him signing would deter Pryor. I just think Michigan got back into it late. Had Rich Rod been there whole time, it might've made a difference. Pryor's also built a lot of relationships with Buckeye commits way before HS AA game stuff happened as I'm sure you know.

2. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dissonance19 @ Feb 5 2008, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, heard about him. But I don't think him signing would deter Pryor.</div>

Definitely agree. I was just thinking the other way around: Feagin wouldn't be going to Michigan if Pryor was going because there's no way he'd get his shot at QB. Though, there's some type of "agreement" between Rich Rod and Feagin where if Pryor does commit, Feagin will end up as a slot receiver.

3. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

Ah, ok. I misunderstood you then. That does make sense with Feagin.

4. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

Whoa, now I'm hearing he's delaying the announcement. But nothing confirming it. I've heard about the possibility all day.

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dissonance19 @ Feb 5 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Whoa, now I'm hearing he's delaying the announcement. But nothing confirming it. I've heard about the possibility all day.</div>

Ha. This is hilarious. Wonder what they'll do with his time slot tomorrow on ESPNU if he doesn't commit.

Think he wants to visit Oregon?

6. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

Probably just fill the time by talking. They've got others lined up near his time slot.

I don't know why he would delay it if he wasn't visiting Oregon. But it'd probably just be a waste of time if he did. I don't think he'd go there anyway. Unless this is all because he's truly torn between OSU/Michigan and wants more time. Penn State to me is a long shot.

edit: Ok, looks like I'm wrong on the long shot. According to this, he won't sign tomorrow

His dad seemingly wants him to go to Penn State. He might take an official out of respect for him. If it's Terrelle's decision, let him just make it.

7. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
  8. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Latest on Pryor: Has not really thought about his decision due to basketball season and would still like to visit Oregon.

9. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Pryor is like no other athlete | timesonline.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>PITTSBURGH — If you’re a high school sports fan and haven’t had a chance to see Terrelle Pryor play yet, do so before it’s too late.

Check out the PIAA basketball pairings and find out where Jeannette is playing next Saturday. Hopefully, the newly crowned WPIAL champs won’t have to travel far.

Go see him.

Even if you have already seen Pryor, you might want to go see him again.

He’s that special.

He’s that extraordinary.

His days wearing a Jeannette Jayhawks uniform are numbered and if you appreciate watching once-in-a-lifetime athletes, you might want to catch him in person before he moves on to bigger and better things.

“You’ll never see another one like him,” Jeannette coach Jim Nesser said Saturday afternoon from the Palumbo Center after witnessing one of the most dazzling performances ever in a WPIAL championship game.

Pryor, the much-ballyhooed wunderkind, didn’t single-handedly lead Jeannette to an 82-68 win over Beaver Falls in the WPIAL Class AA championship game. But when the Jayhawks had completed their rare feat of following a WPIAL football title with a basketball title, Pryor, a 6-foot-6 forward, was the talk of the Palumbo Center.

He scored 39 points, pulled down 24 rebounds, blocked 10 shots and dished out six assists.</div>

10. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Damn. Has he moved up in the basketball rankings? He might have an NBA future, he should explore his options.

11. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Terrelle Pryor Update: Star recruit in Columbus today

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Terrelle Pryor watch includes a sighting in Columbus. I just saw the star high school quarterback from Jeannette, Pa., walking into the Woody Hayes Athletic Center, Ohio State's football headquarters, just after 1 p.m. today.

This is the first visit to the Ohio State campus for the nation's top-ranked football recruit since he made his official visit for Ohio State's home football game with Wisconsin on Nov. 3.

This is the unofficial visit Jim Tressel and his staff have been hoping for ever since the winds shifted a bit in Pryor's recruitment and NFL quarterback Charlie Batch became more involved. Batch went with Pryor on his only other official visit so far, to Michigan, but neither Batch nor any coaches nor family members came with Pryor to Columbus in November.</div>

12. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Pryor's not talking but still gets warm welcome from hoops fans | IHT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>COLUMBUS, Ohio: Terrelle Pryor, the prep quarterback out of Jeannette, Pa., acclaimed as the top football recruit in the nation, got a warm welcome Sunday at Ohio State's men's basketball game.

He sat in the second row and watched the Buckeyes play No. 11 Wisconsin at Value City Arena.

Ohio State's student section chanted, "We want Pryor" and "Terr-elle Pry-or" as he left his seat at halftime, walking to a nearby room where he was joined by Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel.

Pryor sat opposite the Wisconsin bench with two Buckeyes recruits, linemen Michael Brewster and J.B. Shugarts. Brewster, from Orlando, Fla., and Shugarts, of Klein, Texas, have already enrolled at Ohio State.</div>

13. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    SI.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Judging by the contents of my e-mail box, a lot of you are sick of hearing about the recruitment of Jeannette, Pa., quarterback Terrelle Pryor. Still, I understand a lot of you are Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and Penn State fans, so I'll keep writing about Pryor.

Pryor took an unofficial visit Sunday to Ohio State, where he was spotted in the second row at the Buckeyes' basketball game against Wisconsin. Ohio State is considered the favorite to land Pryor, but Pryor has said he intends to visit Oregon and Penn State before he chooses a school. Pryor also has said he will wait until after Jeannette's basketball season ends before he makes a decision.

Ohio State has long been considered the frontrunner for Pryor. The interesting part is that Ohio State is the only school in Pryor's finalists that returns an established starting quarterback (Todd Boeckman). Even more interesting, the Buckeyes have lost the past two national title games to teams that occasionally spelled a pro-style quarterback with a dual-threat player who could run or throw.</div>

14. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Amid decision time, Terrelle Pryor focuses on hoops title | freep.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>PITTSBURGH — While his choice of where he'll play college football remains on hold, quarterback Terrelle Pryor also has unfinished business with the Jeannette (Pa.) basketball team. That, too, is grabbing attention.

Squeezed into the bleachers, about 2,200 fans packed the suburban Gateway High School gym Wednesday night as Pryor led Jeannette to a 62-54 victory vs. Bishop Canevin (Pittsburgh) in the Class AA semifinals of the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League tournament.

"I'm sure the reason it was an overflow crowd was because of Terrelle Pryor," said Terry Smith, Gateway's athletic director and football coach. "No one left after the first game between the Indiana girls and Hampton girls. Everybody wanted to stay and see Terrelle."</div>

15. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Recruiting: Pryor still pondering future

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>PrepStar Dream Team All-American quarterback Terrelle Pryor, from Jeanette, Pa., has managed to upstage everything going on in the Big Ten since Tender Day.

The problem is that three of the best-known powers in the conference -- Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan -- are at the heart of the struggle. Oh yes, Oregon, a school somewhere out West, has also staked a claim.

Every school in the world has taken a stab at recruiting Pryor. Most recently, Michigan and Oregon were reported, accurately, to have been deleted from consideration. The latest report is that the harried Pryor has put them back on the list and will consider them.</div>

16. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Please sign with Oregon. Pretty Please.....?

17. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Pryor named athlete of the week

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Athlete of the Week…Terrelle Pryor has been the Athlete of the Year in the WPIAL.

This fall he lead the Jeannette to a WPIAL Football title, and this past Saturday he was simply unstoppable in the WPIAL AA Basketball title game against Beaver Falls.

Pryor put up a triple-double..... 39 points...24 rebounds...10 blocked shots..... and just for fun he picked up 6 assists.

Terrelle Pryor of Jeannette - The Athlete of the Week.</div>

Can Terrelle Pryor possibly be that good?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>1. Can Terrelle Pryor possibly be that good? The young man from Jeannette, Pa., is making his victory tour around schools that are still vying for his services. He is showing up at college basketball games where the crowds are going absolutely nuts and chanting his name.

I’m not trying to be an old fogey here but, having raised a teenager, I have to ask: Can that kind of adoration possibly be healthy for somebody who is 18 years old? And how will Mr. Jeannette react the first time that same crowd turns on him when he makes a mistake in a big game? In other words, if you crank up the hype machine to this kind of level, can you possibly live up to it?

All I know is that Jimmy Clausen, last year’s golden child in recruiting, showed up to make his announcement (that he was going to Notre Dame) in a stretch limo. Unless Clausen wins a national championship, that will be the lasting image people have of him.</div>

18. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Inexact Science | Yahoo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Has Terrelle Pryor made up his mind yet? I don’t know about you but I’m getting kind of tired of waiting for his decision.

This, of course, brings up an even bigger question. How do we even know he is going to be a great quarterback in college? Does he have the right stuff to lead somebody to a national championship?

Rivals.com was the first to tab Pryor as the nation’s No. 1 quarterback recruit. Most expert analysts, like myself, and recruiting enthusiasts, like you, have concurred in this opinion. However, history would suggest that, even if we are right, this might have very little to do with which quarterback actually leads his team to the national championship three or four years down the road.

Matt Flynn, Matt Mauck, Craig Krenzel, Ken Dorsey, and Josh Heupel, would attest to this. On the flip side, so would Peyton Manning.

When it comes to a quarterback, you just never know who is going to end up being “the guy.”

I have a recruiting story for you that provides a glimpse of just how inexact this recruiting science is . . .</div>

19. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    A closer look at Terrelle Pryor's final four: U-M, Ohio State, Oregon and Penn State | FreeP.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Pryor lists his final four as Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and Penn State on Scout.com. Here are pros and cons of each school . . .</div>

Pryor's pick remains up in air | The Register Guard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The waiting game surrounding Terrelle Pryor continues.

It’s been almost a month now since Pryor chose to not sign a national letter of intent, leaving football coaches and fans across the country wondering where the top-rated prep quarterback from Jeannette, Pa., will ultimately play college football.

He took official visits to Ohio State and Michigan before the signing period began on Feb. 6, and said then that he also hoped to visit Penn State and Oregon.

Neither additional visit has taken place. Also an accomplished basketball player, Pryor’s Jeannette High team is still alive in the Pennsylvania state playoffs, and he’s not expected to fully address his football commitment again until the Jayhawks’ run ends.

“That’s all he’s trying to do, is focus,” said Bob Lichtenfels, who covers recruiting in the East and Midwest for Scout.com and has been in regular contact with Pryor throughout his recruitment.</div>

20. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Report: Terrelle Pryor visiting Memphis | Sporting News

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Star football recruit Terrelle Pryor will visit Memphis this weekend, The Capital Times of Madison, Wis. reports.

Pryor, Rivals.com's No. 1 player in the class of 2008, previously had appeared to narrow his choices to Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and Penn State, but Memphis is offering the star quarterback a chance to play basketball, too, the newspaper reports. Pryor is the No. 28 overall basketball player in Rivals.com's rankings; he played small forward in high school.</div>