Terrelle Pryor (Jeannette, PA) - OHIO STATE

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by JCB, Dec 22, 2007.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Could John Calipari Land Terrelle Pryor? | Fanhouse

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Has Memphis basketball coach John Calipari dramatically changed the college football recruiting landscape by convincing the top high school quarterback in the country to concentrate on basketball?

That's the suggestion of Phil Fritz of the Capital Times, who cites "very reliable sources in Memphis" who say that Terrelle Pryor, a Pennsylvania high schooler who has fans of Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and Penn State drooling at his ability to run the spread offense, may very well end up at Memphis. Fritz writes that Pryor, who is listed by Rivals as the third-best small forward in the country, is being recruited by Calipari to play basketball.

Continued . . .</div>

2. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Pryor coming to Penn St. . . . to play high school hoops finals

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - Super-recruit Terrelle Pryor is coming to Penn State , at least to play high school basketball.

Pryor's Jeannette High School plays in the state Class AA championship Saturday against Strawberry Mansion.

The game will be played at the Jordan Center on the campus of Penn State, which happens to be recruiting Pryor to play football.

By rule, Penn State's football coaches cannot have recruiting contact with Pryor or his family while he's in State College to play basketball.

The senior is one of the most sought-after quarterback prospects in the country. He is still undecided about his college choice.

Besides Penn State, Pryor's school list includes Ohio State, Michigan and Oregon.</div>

3. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

Man, Rich Rodriguez really needs this guy.

4. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

I've wondered if he has been holding out for a top tier basketball offer. Chances are, he'd have a longer career in the NBA than the NFL. Money wise though, if he was a top NFL draft pick, he'd make more money in the NFL.

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Mar 13 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I've wondered if he has been holding out for a top tier basketball offer. Chances are, he'd have a longer career in the NBA than the NFL. Money wise though, if he was a top NFL draft pick, he'd make more money in the NFL.</div>

Memphis has offered him to play both basketball and football.

6. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    If it was a lower tier B-ball team, it might be an no issue that he'd go to Michigan or OSU but its Memphis, a very good basketball program, if he goes there i won't be surprised.

7. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Pryor helps high school win state championship

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — One of the country's most prized recruits ended his high school basketball career the same way he ended his football career three months ago — with a state title.

Terrelle Pryor had 23 points and eight rebounds to help Jeannette defeat Strawberry Mansion 76-72 Saturday and win the Class AA championship.

In December, Pryor led his team to a state football title. The forward ended his basketball career on top, too, in a game on the Penn State campus.</div>

8. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Breaking News: Pryor from Penn State

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>One of the more protracted recruiting battles in recent memory will come to an end this week. Scout.com five-star quarterback Terrelle Pryor said Saturday he will make his college choice sometime next week.

Pryor made the comment after leading his Jeannette (Pa.) High basketball team to a AA state championship at Penn State's Bryce Jordan Center. He had 23 points, eight rebounds and five blocks in the 76-72 win over Philadelphia's Strawberry Mansion.

Pryor, who had been considering football scholarships from Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Oregon, said he has narrowed the field to two schools. But he declined to say which two schools.

He will not make any more visit between now and the time he makes up his mind.

He said he did not know exactly when he would make the announcement, and that a decision on whether to hold a press conference at his high school rests with school officials.</div>

9. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Pryor will make decision this week

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>‘‘I’ll be deciding next week. Next week, I’m going to say the school I’m going to, sign it, and get it over with,’’ Pryor told a huge throng of reporters. ‘‘I don’t know yet [if I’ll take any other visits]. I’ll probably be done.’’

He later clarified that he expects to announce this coming week where he’ll play his college football. That makes it unlikely any other officials visits will be scheduled.

Pryor’s recruitment has caused a buzz like no other since he revealed at the press conference intended to be for his signing that he wasn’t going to sign yet. A 6-foot-6 quarterback compared to Vince Young, Pryor continued to look at Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and Oregon — he had already taken official visits to the first two of those schools, but wanted to set up visits to the latter two.

Pryor also offered another revelation Saturday afternoon.

‘‘It’s down to two schools,’’ Pryor said. ‘‘I can’t tell you which two.’’</div>

10. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Terrelle Pryor to announce college choice Wednesday

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Terrelle Pryor will announce his college choice Wednesday at noon at Jeannette High School outside Pittsburgh.

Roy Hall, Pryor's quarterbacks coach, confirmed that the nation's No. 1 quarterback recruit is down to two schools and Hall believes the choice will be what his gut has told him all along - Ohio State.</div>

11. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    No surprise, the final two are Ohio State and Michigan. Final decision to come a little after noon, I think.

12. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Ohio State.

13. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Good choice. Thats where I think he has the best chance to shine. Will he play basketball to?

14. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

I'll finally be able to sleep at night.

15. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (o.iatlhawksfan @ Mar 19 2008, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Good choice. Thats where I think he has the best chance to shine. Will he play basketball to?</div>

No, I don't think he's playing basketball.

16. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Isn't this the kid that was going to W Va because of Rodriguez then was a shoe in to replace Mallett?

If so, it appears that Rodriguez has started off his tenure in Ann Arbor in typical fashion..... losing to Ohio St. rofl.

Personally, I think TP will be sorry he did not choose Oregon who I understand was in the running for awhile... Geography IMO should not be the sole factor in determining loyalty.

17. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder @ Mar 20 2008, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Isn't this the kid that was going to W Va because of Rodriguez then was a shoe in to replace Mallett?

If so, it appears that Rodriguez has started off his tenure in Ann Arbor in typical fashion..... losing to Ohio St. rofl.

Personally, I think TP will be sorry he did not choose Oregon who I understand was in the running for awhile... Geography IMO should not be the sole factor in determining loyalty.</div>

Well, it was always believed he was going to tOSU (or the University of Ohio State as he put it) from the beginning. He was the first one Rich Rod called when he decided to take the Michigan coaching position, which kind of set off some flares that maybe Pryor was leaning towards Michigan. But in the end, Ohio State still figured to be the likely destination. He had said he didn't want to go to a West Coast a few months ago when he was still considering UCLA (?, it was a west coast school, don't remember if it was actually UCLA), so Oregon, even though it was in his final four, wasn't likely. He liked OSU from the beginning and stuck with it. Just a shame he dragged it out for 6 weeks longer than he needed to.

18. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Will Pryor live up to the hype? | FOX Sports

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I know Pryor is supposed to be the real deal. I know that he has all the talent to be a superstar of Vince Young-like proportions, and I know that Ohio State fans see him as the missing piece to get over the hump and win a second national title in six years. Sorry, but I'll believe it all when he actually does something.

I'd like to get all caught up in the mania, I really would, but I've heard this story before . . .</div>

19. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Inside Terrelle Pryor's decision to go to Ohio State | Detroit Free Press

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>When Terrelle Pryor sat down in front of the TV cameras March 19 to announce where he would play college football and said the words “The University of ...” Greg Gillum’s world went blank for a millisecond.

It didn’t matter that Pryor had plopped a black block “O” cap on his head, revealing Ohio State as the winner over archrival Michigan. The nation’s No. 1 recruit had been sending mixed signals to the Buckeyes and Wolverines throughout the drawn-out and heavily scrutinized recruiting process.

Maybe Pryor was putting on the OSU cap for shock value before pulling a cruel switcheroo?

“... Ohio State,” Pryor finished.

Gillum, the Buckeyes’ assistant recruiting coordinator, could breathe again. Ohio State would set Pryor straight on the formal structure of the school name later.

“To be honest, the first time we knew for sure that he was coming here was when he announced it,” Gillum said after a recent spring practice. “It was up and down, like a roller coaster. Sometimes, you’d feel OK with where we were in the process and other times you’d be wondering what we could do better.

”The morning of his announcement, he seemed to be backpedaling a little bit. His last conversation with coach (Jim) Tressel was about 30 minutes before the news conference and when Jim got off the phone his reaction was, ’I don’t know.’ “

Six weeks after Tressel introduced the first 19 members of his 2008 recruiting class, Pryor finally put his name on the dotted line, ending one of the most hyped recruiting wars in recent memory while fueling claims that the 6-foot-6, 235-pound quarterback from Jeannette, Pa., was an immature glory hound milking the spotlight.</div>