Politics Texas jury rules against father interfering with 7 year old sons chemical castration

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Mediocre Man, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Just another way for parents to fuck up their kids early on.

BlazerWookee likes this.
  3. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    BlazerWookee likes this.
  4. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

People get tattoos they regret when they’re 18 for chrissakes.

By all means, let’s let 7 year olds cut their junk off, because they are totally mature enough to make a life altering decision they won’t regret.

MarAzul likes this.
  5. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
  6. Mediocre Man

Horrifying is a more accurate word

7. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I dunno, seems like something for the family and perhaps the law to work out. I really don't think anyone in here has enough knowledge on the subject to make an informed judgement.

I met a guy who drove an ambulance that I ride on regularly five to six times a week who told me he was a transgender. He was very happy that he did it. He also had the voice pitch and appearance of a man that made me think that it must have happened long ago. So, should the boy go through with the process? Beats me and I don't know how anyone who doesn't deal with this professionally and often would have anything based on informed knowledge that I would hang my hat on.

No, I'm gonna stick with letting the family, their highly qualified medical adviser(s) and the law settle this one.

Hoopguru likes this.
  8. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

This is just wrong...on multiple levels.

9. yankeesince59

The "family" is already broken, which is why there's a custody battle. The "medical advisors" don't care as long as their fees are paid. The "law" has made a ruling which may or may not be overturned.

10. Mediocre Man

The transgender part isn't the issue

11. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I may be misreading this but I don't understand why a parent would "push" a 7-year old into this and it sounds like the mother is. Why not let the child grow up and make those decisions for themselves without being pushed one way or another?

Hoopguru and SlyPokerDog like this.
  12. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    On a semi unrelated note, I do think kids know if they're the wrong gender/gay at young ages.

A friend of mine has a son, and he is gay. He knew at a young age (and it was actually pretty obvious from an outside perspective). However, I don't know how to react/advise someone who wants gender reassignment (etc) surgery at a young age. But than again, I don't know what it's like to feel like you're in the wrong body growing up. I mean hell, I do know what it's like to feel embarrassed (maybe ashamed, etc) about my body growing up. I don't think that's the same as not feeling like you belong in your body/assigned wrong body (etc) though.

It could be a lot of counseling/therapy, but that might not work either. I know people say 'what if they change their mind'....has that actually been an issue?

I know people also say "my 8 year old thought he was batman" (or something similar), should I have let him become batman? But I think that's a little different. I knew at age 8 I liked the girl in my 3rd grade class...even though I had no idea what sex was or love. I just knew that I liked her. I'm sure others (lbgt+) just knew and it's not a whim.

It's not like at 8 all the sudden I was like "oh hey, I wanna bone Dustin"...but a friend of mine told me he knew at 7 he liked boys (it was pretty obvious to me he was gay).

So all in all, I have no idea how to feel about this.

13. yankeesince59

Yup, I mean we have age/minors restriction laws for voting, driving, having sex, marriage, smoking, drinking, etc., but they will allow a 7 year old to decide for himself whether to be sexually altered?

14. Mediocre Man

There was literally a story a couple of days ago where Marie Osmond thought she was gay as a girl because of abuse.

15. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Again I could be reading this wrong, but it's not even really the 7-year-old making the decision, it sounds like the mom's the force behind it. Also with a human of that age, it seems like there could be quite a bit of risk involved in the whole process. I'm not a doctor I can't speak (scientifically) to this but it seems like using hormone blockers and altering all that before someone hit's puberty has to at least be somewhat dangerous. I hope the kid has a good life however it comes out and if he wants the gender change than so be it I guess. Just think it's weird a mother would push for it on a 7-year-old. I have a 5-year-old and if she wanted to be called Bob and dress like a boy sure I'd go along with that but if she wanted a penis attached, she'd have to wait for that one.

16. yankeesince59

Oh, I agree that Mom seems to be the larger problem and yes, from what little I know about the subject, chemical castration can be dangerous at a young age.

But I'm sure the Mother has asked the child somewhere along the line something like "Would you rather be a girl?"...and I'd have to assume that the child said "yes" and I'd doubt Mom would be taking her stance if the child had said "no".

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  17. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    You’re probably right and I may be writing too much of my own narrative into that article. Just read in my mind like the mother was pushing for it. The kid may and probably does “want it”, to some extent though the kid is 7 its hard to tell how well he really understands it, the ramifications, the risks, all that.

18. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

That didn't stop my aunt from doing that to my cousin. She screwed him up for life.

Hoopguru likes this.
  19. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

How old were all of you when you realized you were boys?

I don't know this child or the family. Which means I am not qualified to judge. So far as I know none of you know the family and none of you are experts on transgender children. Neither am I.

Chris Craig likes this.
  20. yankeesince59

Pro or anti transgender is not the issue...the crux of the issue is the child's age.