Thaddeus Young's Jersey Number

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Courtking, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The newest members of the Sixers squad, except Thaddeus Young, received their jerseys with numerals on Saturday. While Jason Smith took No. 14, Derrick Byars No. 4 and Herbert Hill No. 35, Young held up a numberless jersey for his photo-op, saying he wanted Sixers fans to pick his number. Fans can vote for Young's final four choices - 5, 21, 30, 31 - at www.sixers.com beginning Thursday, with voting running until July 27. Young's number will be announced online on July 30 </div>

Source: Philly.com

This is a really cool idea, I'm pulling for either number 5 or 21. I'll be voting for 21 though. I'm starting to begin to like Thad already. What are you guys going to vote for?

2. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">C.K. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Source: Philly.com

This is a really cool idea, I'm pulling for either number 5 or 21. I'll be voting for 21 though. I'm starting to begin to like Thad already. What are you guys going to vote for?</div>

I read about tis yesterday, I didn't see that the poll would only be up Thursay though I was going crazy looking for it, but I agree that 5 or 21 would be best. I would not mind 30 either, but 31 looks awkward.

3. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I was thinking at first...but then I thought who else has ever had 31? So I'm voting for 31 so THADD can make the number famous.

4. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

^ Nick Van Exel and Ricky Davis come to mind. Besides them I don't remember too many other players with that number.

5. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

I was going to go with 5 until I read AF's post. I agree that it would be cool for him to have a unique number that he could make popular. So 31 it is.

6. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Iggy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I was going to go with 5 until I read AF's post. I agree that it would be cool for him to have a unique number that he could make popular. So 31 it is.</div>

How many people where number five? I'm trying to think of some but none are coming to mind. The best player I can think of currently wearing number five is Andres Nocioni.

7. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">A.F. Venom Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I was thinking at first...but then I thought who else has ever had 31? So I'm voting for 31 so THADD can make the number famous.</div>

Reggie Miller.

8. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Blur Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">How many people where number five? I'm trying to think of some but none are coming to mind. The best player I can think of currently wearing number five is Andres Nocioni.</div>

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Midnight Green

Wow talk about a brain fart[​IMG].

Well I would still rather see him wearing either 5 or 21 next year. Someone great has worn pretty much all of those numbers, once upon a time. Unless he is going to pull a Chris Webber and wear a number somewhere around the 80s I doubt he can revolutionize a number.

10. VinsanityVC15

VinsanityVC15 JBB JustBBall Member

who wears 30?

11. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

Could you change jerseys every season?? Or only on different teams?

12. B.e.

<div class="quote_poster">C.K. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Reggie Miller.</div>

Forgot all about Reggie..30 then.

13. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

5 or 21 gets my vote, but I would hate to see 30 or 31.

I can`t think of anyone right now with 30 and 31 just reminds me of Glenn Robinson...[​IMG]

14. B.e.

So you want a number everybody else has had?

15. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">A.F. Venom Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So you want a number everybody else has had?</div>

I would rather see him with those numbers as well. Whats the big deal about someone else having the number? Its like saying you don't want to buy Jordan's because everyone else has them. After giving it some thought I'm pretty sure I'm going to be voting for number 5.

16. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">VinsanityVC15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">who wears 30?</div>

The best player who wears #30 is Sebastian Telfair. Reggie Evans, Dahntay Jones, Carlos Arroyo, and Mark Blount wear it too.

So really, no big names wear #30 at the moment.

17. fatballer_10

fatballer_10 JBB JustBBall Member

I like 21. Even though Tim Duncan wears it, and KG too!!! 21 just looks like a cool number. I like 31 when Shawn Marion wears it, but not too much else is good with it!!! A lot of players are wearing 5 and he ends up half as good as most of them then he can wear that!!! 30 looks really average in my opinion.....
    I will be voting for 21!!!

18. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Great, unique idea by Thaddeus Young. I can tell the city of Philadelphia will really like this kid. I read that he threw the first pitch at a Phillies game. He just seems to fit right into the city, and seems like a pretty nice guy. I love this pick!

19. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">Voodoo Child Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The best player who wears #30 is Sebastian Telfair. Reggie Evans, Dahntay Jones, Carlos Arroyo, and Mark Blount wear it too.

So really, no big names wear #30 at the moment.</div>

It looks like he could already be owning the # if he wore it. The guy is showing a positive attitude and should fit right in.

20. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Great, unique idea by Thaddeus Young. I can tell the city of Philadelphia will really like this kid. I read that he threw the first pitch at a Phillies game. He just seems to fit right into the city, and seems like a pretty nice guy. I love this pick!</div>

Oh man, I played with him for six years, and let me tell you, the guy has an NBA-ready personality without a doubt. He's really got the right people around him. I pick up real racist vibes from his dad, but he's all religious and stuff, and he doesn't let him have like a million zeros hanging around him like a lot of players. Point is, his head is straight.

If you guys keep embracing him, he's got potential to be the next franchise player up there in Philadelphia.