Exclusive Thanksgiving 2023

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by PDXFonz, Nov 20, 2023.

1. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

My free range organic turkey isn't close to $90. More than Costco, yes, not $90. A heritage turkey shipped cross country, probably less than 1% of turkeys purchased. You have to look hard for a $90 turkey.
    A lot of turkeys on Fox.

blazerfan11 likes this.
  2. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Or you could stuff the turkey with quarters and half dollars.

riverman likes this.
  3. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Not very tasty.

riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  4. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

5. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

6. Chris Craig

7. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

8. Kano John

Kano John Start 'em young!

Retired
    Who knew that turkeys can't fly! LOL

9. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

Who knew that if you roll the ball down the court the game clock will run (while the shot clock doesn't).

10. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Final scene in Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal Lecter tells Clarice Starling, I'm having an old friend for dinner.

11. SharpeScooterShooter

SharpeScooterShooter SharpeShooter

Freeloader
    Happy thanksgiving!
    I hope everyone enjoys the tastiest of foods and loving company.
    May health and joy be with all of you and yours. :)

12. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

[​IMG]

Did mashed potato’s instead of potato salad. Here’s everything together. Food was fantastic… Forgot what it’s like to be stuffed on Thanksgiving. Oh man… That food was heavy and rich. But so delicious. The mushroom gravy and cabbage were the stars.

13. Chris Craig

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Been a pretty good one and a hard one. First one since my mom passed. Spent a lot of time cooking today and it was cathartic. Hope everyone else is having a great holiday.

riverman, rotary111, Strenuus and 7 others like this.
  14. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

First holiday after losing a loved one always hard.

I am thankful Lashanna adopted me. And that I still have most of my marbles.

riverman, e_blazer, PDXFonz and 3 others like this.
  15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Happy Thanksgiving! Only my wife and I ate home with a fire going and she made two apple pies from our own orchard and I put together a tv our son gave us with an Amazon fire stick so she can watch her Netflix and Taiwanese series on a big screen insteead of her laptop. She is so happy! The grandkids will love it when they come for the day on Monday. Set up youtube for kids on it and Disney plus, Hulu, etc. We had shrimp, rice, garden veggies, my special guacamole with Sun chips on the side and pie ala mode for desert. A wonderful day! All our family members were out of town for the holiday and we stayed on the hill. Had face time Thanksgiving with the grandkids.

16. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

Actually I didn't know the rule on this either. This is what I found:

b. The timing devices shall be stopped:

1. During the last minute of the first, second and third periods following a successful field goal attempt.

2. During the last two minutes of regulation play and/or last two minutes of over- time(s) following a successful field goal attempt.

So, unless it's in the final minute of the first 3 periods or final two minutes in the 4th Quarter or OT, the game clock keeps rolling on a made basket. Inside the final minute, "the game clock shall be started when the ball is legally touched by any player within the playing area of the court."

There were 4 minutes left in the Jordan Poole game so the game clock was still running.
    It took him about 14 seconds to score, so he didn't really do anything to hurt his team in this instance. Who knows, his gesticulations may have distracted the other team.

17. BankTeller

BankTeller Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving ya’ll. Hope that everyone had a restful holiday, and hopefully surrounded by those you love.

In the spirit of basketball, I’m thankful to have a core on this team that I can root for again. Max effort. Hustle. Comradely despite the losing season. Two moments I loved from last game, Shae running up to Scoot while he getting all tripped up with a ref about who the ball was out on (looked like off Scoot clearly to me) and just audibly telling him “yo we good, we good” and then guarding the inbound to go full court press, and Grant picking up Thybulle from the ground right after the 4-pt play opportunity, both practically grinning from ear-to-ear about the pick Thybulle set for Grant’s 3.

I love this team, and I love the direction we are going in so far. I’m prepared to ride with ya’ll through the good and the bad. I’m thankful that Cronin has brought together a roster of likeable characters who inspire hope for this team.

18. BankTeller

Sounds like an amazing time. My grandpa died when I was 6, the other one was all the way in Vietnam and was really only in my life for 1 month every 4 years and died when I was a teenager. Grandma bedridden since I was 7, other grandma also in Vietnam, so I really didn’t get that much quality time with my grandparents.

Hope your grandkids aren’t Blazers fans so they don’t die of a heart attack from an inevitable Blazers tragedy like you may suffer eventually… :,( lol

19. BankTeller

Sorry to hear that man. Hope that it was a good Thanksgiving, regardless. A day off from work is always good for everyone.

PDXFonz and SlyPokerDog like this.
  20. BankTeller

You don’t have to subscribe to the whole backstory of Thanksgiving to appreciate it. The whole sentiment of Thanksgiving just to give thanks to the people/things that we cherish in our life.

It’s always just fun to get together with the family, whether or not the “thanksgiving-y” is on the table.

UKRAINEFAN and SlyPokerDog like this.