The 2022 Trade Idea Thread, now with more urgency!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Jan 1, 2022.

1. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Fischer today said to be on the lookout for a Jalen Smith trade coming. And he mentioned the team trading him would do so with the intent of keeping him with an extension in the summer.

Bamba also likely to be moved in a similar deal he hinted.

2. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Saw saric and Smith and 2 2nds for covington suggested elsewhere. ESPN maybe?

Chris Craig likes this.
  3. illmatic99

id do that in an instant. would try to add snell/zeller to that from our side for some tax savings.

UKRAINEFAN and RR7 like this.
  4. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we'd definitely want to include snell in there

5. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

I proposed a 3 way, plumlee and kai Jones to Orlando, nurk to Charlotte, bamba here. Couple that with the covington deal to remake our front court and get us out of the tax

6. illmatic99

again... just passing along stuff im reading. Hawks forum is full of supposed rumormongers and they throw around so many ideas from "people on the inside." Kinda hilarious how much they believe this.

Portland: Rumors out of Portland is they are doing a short term blow up. Everyone but Dame Lillard is available. Portland has spent a lot of time on the phone with Atlanta and has offered C.J. McCollum and a top 5 protected pick for Kevin Huerter and Gallo. As stated, Atlanta is leaning to not trading Kev at this time, but this package and Sabonis/Turner is appealing for different reasons. Both teams have talked about Norm Powell for Clint Capela as an option during the draft. Both have interest in continuing talks. Norm is the only player not fully available outside of Damechise.

Portland is asking for a late 1st or protected 1st from playoff teams for RoCo, Nance, and Nurkic and they want expiring contracts for them as well since they are expiring. Portland goal is to free up enough cash to make a run at Harden, Ayton, Kyrie, and Miles Bridges. C.J. I am being told is readily available for an expiring. I am told that it’s unlikely they can land that with the size of his contract but there is interest from several teams. While Ayton, Bridges, and Harden are unlikely, Kyrie is possible.

I am told if C.J. is traded, they think Orlando is the team to do it. There is decent interest in C.J. I am told also told the Lakers have serious interest in McCollum and he’s their top target. Just something to watch for. He said there is a belief that Nurk and Nance could be moved. Might have to drop the price for RoCo. I am also told; they don’t mind trading a top 5 pick if they land one for a star or superstar to play with Dame. Their goal is to build contender around Dame and Dame is on the same page with this. It’s dumb to me, teams like PHI keep waiting on Dame but it’s just a deflection as they aren’t happy with the offers for Simmons.

Recently added today: I was just listening to Frank and Scal this morning and Chauncey said a positive quip about Kyrie. Don’t think that’s by mistake. This just matches the background noise.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/43...-nba-circles-of-late/page/34/#comment-1145281

7. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

McCollum and a first for Huerter and Gallo is no joke the funniest fake trade I’ve seen yet.

8. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Kyrie and Dame???

9. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

No way any of that is real

CJ and a 1st for Huerter and Gallinari? Hahahahahaha....What a fucking joke.

Powell for Capella....really

Dame and Irving together...bullshit.

10. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I am predicting now one of

Ben Simmons
    Jerami Grant
    Domantas Sabonis
    Myles Turner

will be a Blazer by the deadline

PCmor7, blazerkor and BigGameDamian like this.
  11. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Regarding Jalen Smith:

Whatever team trades for him is basically fucked in terms of re-signing him if he's good. If Phoenix keeps him or whatever team trades for him can only offer him his rookie salary of $4.6 million since that would be the 3rd year of his rookie deal. The rule is in place to prevent teams/players from trying to circumvent the 1st round rookie scale. We'd likely lose him for nothing if we traded for him.

Bamba and Bagley are different in that they're actually coming off their full 4 year rookie deal so whatever team gets them has full bird rights to re-sign them.

Cugel likes this.
  12. illmatic99

I asked Fischer about this very thing in the call today and he mentioned that the team looking to trade for him (no mention of Portland at all here) is already in contact with his agents about a potential extension. He said Smith ain't walking from that team.

13. illmatic99

Hell, I think I'd do Roco for Saric + minimum salary filler if no deals for picks arises. It would get us closer to the tax line and Saric is a starting caliber PF whose contract would be expiring a year later. Essentially kicking the can down the road with a similar caliber player.

There would be some duplication with Saric/Nance once they both get healthy but it wouldn't be too hard to fix.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    SharpesTriumph likes this.
  14. Chris Craig

McCollum, Nurkic, Roco, 2024 1st

For

Sabonis, Turner, LeVert

Fez Hammersticks likes this.
  15. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I mean, I'm sure whatever team acquiring him would ask about the possibilities of keeping him but he's ineligible for an extension and can't be signed for anything more than the $4.6 million so I don't know what to tell you other than he can say he'll stay but if another team offers him say $10 million, he's not gonna stay for $4.6 million.

illmatic99 likes this.
  16. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    For reference:

17. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Was just such a stupid thing by Phoenix to decline his option after 1 year. It's not like he's making a ton of money, would make good salary filler in deals if nothing else.

18. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Yeah, very dumb! Pick it up and then trade him and Saric to SA for Thad Young or something (or anyone else on an expiring contract), but don't not pick it up.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  19. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

yeah Bobby marks suggested it in his trade primer.

personally I’d pass.

20. BankTeller

BankTeller Well-Known Member

I didn’t even know they declined his third year option. Personally, I try to get him on a cheap 2 or 3 year contract if I get Simmons over trying to trade for Turner. Smith isn’t as big or mobile and isn’t the defender Turner is, but he’d immediately be effective on offense next to Simmons and wouldn’t cost us any assets to acquire. Still a young enough guy for Chauncey to mold into something.