OT The Blake Griffin Pistons suck

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Wizard Mentor, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Good lord, I just looked at the Piston's salary situation. I wasn't aware that their current payroll is higher than ours. Still not above the tax threshold, but skating by with an even thinner margin that POR. And for what? A 9th place finish in the Leastern Conference?

And it just keeps getting worse going forward. Blake's contract is just flat out hideous. Him and Drummond are going to be tying up about 60% of the cap for the next three seasons after this one. In today's game, you just can't have that much tied up in big men and hope to skate by with average, at best, wing players.

They have their own Myers Leonard in Jon Leuer, but at least Meyers is healthy. And, Reggie Jackson's contract, given that he's missed half their games, rivals Evan Turner's.

After looking at their cap situation, it pisses me off that they took Blake off LAC's hands. I'd much rather that franchise sinking contract had remained in Los Angeles. Doc was dumb enough to give him that contract. Stan was dumber still to take it off his hands. The folks that make the Game of Zones animated videos need to do a Dumb & Dumber parody featuring Doc and Stan as Lloyd and Harry. Maybe call it Dumber & Dumbest.

Stan, FiveThirtyEight.com gives the Pistons a less than 2% chance of making the playoffs. "So, you're telling me there's a chance!!!"

BNM

dviss1, Orion Bailey and BBert like this.
  2. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

Don't worry, LAC is in good hands with Ballmer at the helm. He can captain any ship into the rocks.

3. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Agree about Stan, but the Pistons were struggling pretty badly before they traded for Griffin.

I think the problem is they keep trying to build around Drummond and he's not that guy. But the Griffin trade was bad. Apart from the fact Griffin's contract is terrible and he's on the downslide, THEY TRADED BOBAN!

Oh, and Reggie Jackson is bad, too. Stan is obviously one of those coaches who just shouldn't be GM.

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

They went on a five or six game win streak after the trade and looked like they may never lose again. I lost track, but WTH happened??????

5. Jon

Jon mr. 300

i didnt mind him. i thought he wasnt a bad player. just a product of really, REALLY bad teams.

6. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

It was 4 wins, and the context is the key...

Memphis. They lose to everyone.
    Miami. Respectable win.
    Us. We always lose to teams with new players and/or coaches.
    Nets. Woohoo.

The first two wins were by a total of 6 points. So, you can make a strong case for it being a combination of a soft spot in the schedule and the excitement of a new lead player, rather than much of an elevation in play.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

God, I remember when the Blazers traded Wallace for him, Theo and Dan. I buried my head in the sand after that one.

SportsAndWhine likes this.