The BLAME GAME: Olshey or Stotts or both?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Blazinaway, Dec 9, 2016.

1. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

This CBA's expensive is next CBA's poor!

2. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

lol. This whole post is funny. I'll let you re-read and re-think it so you can see the big fundamental flaw in it.

Orion Bailey and Boob-No-More like this.
  3. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Lol, right. Whitsitt was the ultimate big name chaser. He chased Pippen, he chased Kemp (unfortunately). He chased a ton of established players (Steve Smith, Derek Anderson, Damon Stoudamire, Greg Anthony), who were often past their prime (Detlef Schrempf, Dale Davis, Rod Strickland, the sequel, etc.). Not a single unknown in that lot.

Whitsitt's biggest problem was he never knew when to stop chasing. He built a championship caliber team and then immediately destroyed it by chasing names.

I love your imagination though. You come up with some doozies. Keep up the good work.

BNM

4. Strenuus

Damn, I wanted him to find it!

Boob-No-More likes this.
  5. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    The solution to all our problems is simple. Bring back Bob, with Boob on Bended knee.

6. Strenuus

NO, what this team needs is to become Boyz II Men!

7. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    I only hope that before you meet your Maker, you will accept Bob into your life, because He is a jealous Maker.

8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Whitsitt....Whitsitt real good ......! One question jlprk......how close did we get to a championship with Trader Bob?

9. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    Reeaal good close. Much gooder than Olshey.

10. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Olshey also plucked Harkless and Laymen from a virtual free tree.
    No GM is going to have a 100% hit mark. Olshey is a pretty good at seeing potential talent in my opinion so far.

11. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Stotts seems to be obsessed with having his PF shot jumpers. Aminu is not a realiable shooter by any stretch, and teams are leaving him wide open on purpose. Too much of our success hinges on Aminu's gimpy shot.

TBpup likes this.
  12. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Not true to say Lillard and CJ were "conventional wisdom". CJ would probably be the #1 or 2 overall pick in his draft class if it were done with hindsight rather than 10, Lillard would go higher than 6 as well. There are few "obvious" prospects in the nba draft, so you have to give credit when a GM makes a good pick.

UKRAINEFAN, BBert and Orion Bailey like this.
  13. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    We were only a Stern job away.

riverman likes this.
  14. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Isn't it crazy that dantoni comes back and makes harden a triple double machine and one of the best offenses out there? Terry stotts basically wants to run it the same way dantoni does. Fast pace, a lot of threes. Our bigs pass out of the paint for easy shots for a chance at a three and it's obvious plumlee and Davis have been taught that. I feel like we have more talent than Houston but dantoni comes in, implements it, and they are actually a good team.

The west isn't good this year. It's basically gsw and the cavs. This is where the debate of super teams come into play. If Durant was still with the thunder, etc. it's actually a legit conversation now with competiveness in the league. I see it now. It's not fun. Gsw has four all stars all capable of putting up 20 plus in games at once. Klay has dropped 60 in three quarters, 34 or 37 in one quarter. Steph is two time MVP, Durant former MVP. Draymond is probably the best 4 in the league with how versatile he is even though we hate his antics. Fun to watch but look at how bad the rest of the league is. It's a serious conversation now.

I feel like even Portland at its best would struggle with that team. It's a long session but it's looking like a mediocre season for us. Guys got paid. That's what happened. It's a mixture of stotts same bullshit and olshey overpaying these guys, giving toxic contracts out for "assets". Well let's see what he does at the trade deadline, that's where we will see if he's the real deal or just a phony salesman. I don't expect anything anymore. For all I know our guys could show up tonight and blow out the pacers or not show up and get blown out. Also tired of being lied to by this organization when it comes to serious injuries. This ezeli thing is just ridiculous. Come out and tell us, we pay for the merchandise, the tickets, etc.

At least dame and cj show up. They are paid 100 mil to play this game. They do it. Every night. These other dudes getting paid don't. Shows their real character. At least moe has been consistent though

Nikolokolus likes this.
  15. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    Good a secondary signings and pretty good at the Draft. That whole FA'cy thing though has been mostly a miss IMO.

16. SheedSoNasty

SheedSoNasty Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting we go after Thon Maker?

17. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

18. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Portland is a hard sell for marquee (or even yeoman) free agents. Outside of post-prime Pippen, who was the last big get for this team?

I just don't think the name of the GM matters that much when the product they are selling remains what it is.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  19. craigehlo

craigehlo Elite Wing

While I'm not a big Stott's fan, he should have the opportunity to coach this current Blazer squad with a center that at least resembles a defensive threat. Since Rolo left, this team is a lost cause in the interior. It' not like Rolo was Mt. Mutombo either. We can't keep trying to plug holes with undersized PFs and expecting success.

Olshay built this mess and should be the first one to go if he can't fix it.

20. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

I think Olshey is pretty good at evaluating guards/wings but pretty na at bigs. Look at the group he assembled and some of the ones he failed to get (Monroe, Hawes, Kanter
    as I said the other day this is probably the worst collection of bigs in the NBA, Neil has constructed a very unbalanced roster and we are seeing the results