The Cavs target LMA

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

Nico's father is from Cameroon. Embiid is from Cameroon too. Good job DETECTIVE yuyuza1. That's right, you're being promoted!

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I wouldn't say young. He's going to be 29 and he's in his prime, so I think he'd fall under the "veteran All-Star" category.

3. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Well, it was worth saying twice...

4. EGame

EGame "You're the only one of these fools I trust"

I guess the problem I have is the growing pains will have again if we trade LA. Getting younger is always good, but moreso for a rebuilding team. But as mentioned if there is just a small margin of doubt that Aldridge won't resign, you trade him for the number 1 pick. Build around Lillard and getting the number 1 pick is an excellent start.

5. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I think there's another reason. Do you think this core (Lillard/Aldridge/Batum) is enough to ever win a championship? If you do not, you have to seriously think about changing the core. We can add bench players, and possibly even get to the WCF, but the last team to win a championship without multiple Hall Of Famers on their roster was the Pistons in 2003, and they had the DPOY.

6. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Of course it is a possibility that LA won't re-sign. We know it, Olshey knows it, Allen knows it.

Doesn't mean, in my mind, you trade LA. Pretty sure Olshey and Allen are thinking the same thing, but we will find out.

7. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    The problem with thinking like that is very few NBA teams have a core of three players that can win you a championship. there is no blueprint besides get multiple superstars in their prime for winning a championship.
    I think its more important to build a winning organization/culture that can develop young talent and bring in FAs that fit a system much like Spurs/Miami/Dallas/OKC seem to do.
    If your just look at your core and say "can they win a championship" then almost every team is going to say no.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

8. EGame

EGame "You're the only one of these fools I trust"

I think we could if two things happen: As you mentioned improve the bench and the second thing being somehow, someway we learn to play defense. If we never improve on defense than it really doesn't matter who we field on the team. Even if you don't think a core of Aldridge/Lillard/Batum cant win it all, it isn't like getting the number 1 pick is a surefire thing and really could make us worse for years to come if they never pan out. At least we know what we have with Aldridge and that is an all-star caliber player. It is tough, but if Aldridge gives even the slightest hint as to wanting to leave town, you trade him asap for that pick.

9. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
  10. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

Re: The Cavs target LMAo

If the Cavs were to offer #1 and Michael Bennett, would you do it?

In response to Nate, I think this organization is sold that this core can get it done. Not only are they sold but they got me sold on the idea. I think LA and Batum both have another level or two they haven't reached. I feel the same about Dame. If they make a few adjustments in the depth and defensively and these three hit these levels at the same time. This core can do it. The longer they play together as a unit, the better and more seasoned they will get. In two years, LA, Dame and Nic will have something similar to what Duncan,Parker and Ginoboli have. And they have 10 years together.

The team likes each other. They like the coach. If the chemistry remains and with enough maturation. They have a title or two in them.

11. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Re: The Cavs target LMAo

I agree with this. While it might be nice to think about getting Embiid or Wiggins, the core is set here that most other teams would kill to have. Why do you think Cleveland wants Aldridge? Just upgrade the bench, maybe trade for a mid 1st, clear out some of the clutter (bench players like Claver, Leonard, Crabbe, Barton, Freeland, and Wright could all be used in a trade. Maybe even CJ) and lets see what happens.

12. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Billups was a 7-time all-star and MVP of the finals that season. There wasn't a defender in any playoff series that could keep between him and the basket.

Sheed was no slouch, either.

13. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Billups wasnt an all star until 2005 and he was never known for attacking the basket. He was a lights out long range shooter. Are you sure you're talking about Chauncey Billups? His FG % was under .400 in the playoffs and the regular season, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't driving anywhere at will

14. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Yes, he drove at will.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/playoffs/2004-06-16-billups-mvp_x.htm

The 6-foot-3, 202-pounder found himself open countless times on pick-and-roll plays, and one-on-one moves against Gary Payton and Derek Fisher over the first four games.

15. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

We have different opinions of what "driving" means then. Going around a pick to get open is not one of them. neither is pulling up on an iso

16. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Since you like stats...

[​IMG]

17. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Unless LaMarcus demands a trade, or states very clearly he will not resign with Portland, you do not trade him for an unproven draft pick, or for an unproven draft pick and another average value player.

Ergo, if the Blazers trade Aldridge for less than a proven all star, it will be because he did one of those two things.

All indications are that the Blazers are in 'win now' mode, not 'rebuild' mode. Chances are, LaMarcus will be a Blazer next season.

18. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

So what if that unproven player becomes the next big thing in the NBA? Just asking. Might I also add when Kobe got drafted a lot of people where saying that he should have went to college to play ball.

19. Pritchslap Madness

Pritchslap Madness Well-Known Lurker

The only way I accept a LA trade for #1 pick would be if Kyrie Irving was included. Maybe a future first also. I haven't seen any indication that LA going to leave Portland. If that changes then of course trading him becomes a good option.

20. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

What would Portland do with both Lillard and Irving? Make one a backup:lol: