The Cavs target LMA

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Jun 9, 2014.

1. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Paul Allen wants to win next season, not in 3 years. That would be a hell of a risk.

Anyhow, I believe that Olshey wouldn't make a deal like that without the benefit of hindsight. The posters wanting to get younger aren't judged on a yearly basis by their imaginary trades in Imaginary Trade Land.

2. Schilly

Schilly Well-Known Member

Of course it's a risk... any draft pick is, any trade is. A GM will always evaluate the situation, simply saying "F*** No" simply because it's a pick is a perfect way to stay mediocre. Taking the pick is a great way to come out like a champ for rolling the dice... or looking like a complete fool. I remember when we had the #1 pick there were a lot of posters that would have preferred the #2, because the risk of messing up on #1.

I personally don't think this team has a ton of ceiling room to improve, maybe some on the bench, but not the starters. Adding a FA makes us a little better, but I don't think it makes us a title contender by any means.

3. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

That was a schilly response.

4. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

If Neil felt about a player in this draft similar to the way KP felt about Kevin Durant in the 07 draft in which he was enamored with him. And he knew he was a sure thing. And he also knew he had an offer on the table to bring him that player and cap relief costing him LA. What do you think he should do?

5. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Yep it doesn't take a lot to know that just some reality.

6. Schilly

Schilly Well-Known Member

Convincing Wookee to consider a player who is not currently or previously was a blazer is like trying to convince my 8 year old to try blue cheese, but she doesn't yell "Fuck this shit" and pound a coors light.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  7. BigGameDamian

Don't forget that it's not a big mans game anymore, It's a guards & Small forwards game now. While I'm not saying the Blazers should or should not trade Aldridge just wanted to point that out.

8. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    If Neil feels about a player in this draft similar to the way KP felt about Kevin Durant in the 07 draft, then Neil should be heavily medicated, straightjacketed, and chained to a wall in a rubber room.

9. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    [video=youtube;vJpBCzzcSgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJpBCzzcSgA[/video]

10. BlazerWookee

Gear Finisher
    Nicely played, lol.

Drastically overstated, but nicely played...

11. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

No doubt in my mind that if the next Michael or Lebron or KD was in this draft that Blazers would be looking hard at this. But, does anyone here really see that in this draft? I know people keep talking about it being great, but I just don't see any dominant players here. Embiid is not Hakeem and won't even have a chance to be for several years. Wiggins does look a bit like Harrison F Barnes to me, and Parker looks like the yearly undersized PF that gets picked too early and struggles. I would love to look at this draft and see a future hall of famer, but none of these guys look like that to me. Maybe the Golden Gut sees it differently.

I have no problem trading LMA for a guy that looks to be great some day. I just don't see anyone who fits that description this year.

On a side note, does anyone else feel bad for the Cavs having to make this choice? Any of the top three could end up as busts. I would trade down if I could.

12. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Hahahahahaha! Hilarious yet so true! Rep'd!

13. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Bro, it took Lebron and Co a year before they could win the title. How do you think there won't be a drop off when the player who our entire offense is built around is no longer the offensive focus? It takes teams seasons to gel before they become contenders. You really lose cool points when you say Boozer too.... C'mon now... Boozer?? He plays worse D than LMA. It would certainly be a rebuilding move. We'd be rebuilding around Dame. A replacement PF (none of those you name play better D than LMA) and the #1 is not gonna get us a 54 win season in 2014-15. You're selling LMA too short.

14. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

You misspelled "slightly".

15. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

He forgot the caps lock... otherwise I think he has you down cold.

16. BlazerWookee

Gear Finisher
    Mmmm... not so much.

17. BigGameDamian

The Cleveland Cavaliers badly want to return to the playoffs.
    Armed with talented players and that number one overall pick, the Cavaliers are again looking to make a splash. Many believe they could try to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves’ power forward Kevin Love with that top overall pick, but that might be too much of a risk at this point.

Chad Ford of ESPN.com believes the Cavaliers aren’t just interested in Love, but could chase several other All-Star big men, including Chicago Bulls’ Joakim Noah, the Portland Trail Blazers’ LaMarcus Aldridge and the Atlanta Hawks’ Al Horford

But I think the Cavs’ preferred route would to be a trade that thins out their roster and adds a young veteran who could immediately lift the Cavs’ long-term chances. The Minnesota Timberwolves’ Kevin Love has been the most often mentioned pickup. But the Cavs also have their eye on several other bigs, including the Chicago Bulls’ Joakim Noah, the Portland Trail Blazers’ LaMarcus Aldridge and the Atlanta Hawks’ Al Horford.

Aldridge looked like a legitimate MVP candidate last season, averaging 23.2 points, 11.1 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.0 blocks per game, helping the Trail Blazers reach the second round of the postseason. Horford was limited to just 29 games in the 2013-2014 season, averaging 18.6 points, 8.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.5 blocks per game.

18. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    Again, i think it would take pretty much the pick, Soup Juggler, and Thompson to get PA and NO to even think about it.

19. BigGameDamian

The Cavs would need to put Anderson Varejao in.

20. tester551

tester551 Well-Known Member

Even if Blazers return everyone, I doubt the Blazers will win 54-games next season. We have a lot of fortunate breaks this last year. Talent wise, this team is closer to a 45-48 win team.