The Draft:what about the China guy

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Gee_Dupe11, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

ok About the 1st pick maybe King Anthony but no doubt it its gonna be Lebron and we all kno Darko will maybe get 3rd or 2nd or 4th but what about The 7'3 maybe 7'4 guy from china. why is no one talkin about him hes gonna be the next yao ming and he should be a top draft pick too.

i should maybe go

1.LeBron James
    2.Darko Milicic
    3.Camilo Anthony or China Guy
    4.whoever doesn't get pic in the 3rd pic

2. Big D

Big D JBB JustBBall Member

If you're talking about the kid from Korea, he's not coming out until next year at the earliest. He just started playing a couple years ago and is extremely raw.

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

hes only 16 or 17 and still growing they say he could still grow 3 more inches

4. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Is this kid projected to be as good as Yao?, or better/worse?

5. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Yea I heard of that kid on espn when they were doing a shootaround before a game. That guy looks like a beast.

6. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

The kid is 7'0, can dribble, Next Dirk lol, he's only a junior, he has one more year of high school then he'll go NBA. His dad is almost his height so it runs in the family

7. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

well we now the first draft pick for Charlotte.....

8. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

another Yao Ming--except Korean and shorter? Unbelievable!!!!

9. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

Do any of u kno why the NBA is tryin to get all the international talent they can? Cuz these players don't want big bucks like the American players do....they wanna play and they can offer them less to play more...it's gay but true.....the US players have less of a chance than the international ones cuz of the money. US Players are tryin to make a livin when the international ones already have one....it really sucks but it's very true

10. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

Maybe I'll be the next international player? [​IMG] [​IMG] [/list]

11. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

that's not really the case, pchotsauce. A lot of foreign players that get drafted choose to stay in Europe for another year or so because the money may be bigger for them in Europe. That and because they want to develop their game for another year, but money is also a very big factor for these over-seas guys.

12. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I think the NBA wants to expand viewer ship to international markets so they can increase their tv advertising rates and overall market share. Imagine how many new viewers from Asia became NBA fans thanks to Yao. The International players are also coming into the league with a better sense of professional b-ball playing for Club Leagues against ex-NBA players or college players who couldn't make the NBA. So they get a taste of the size and strength of men and not the under developed collegiate players. The loss of the US team was just an example of how far the international players have progressed to challenge US prospects for the limited roster spots in the NBA. I think this trend is going to continue. Also the world is a smaller place now, and there are a lot more scouts going overseas and checking out international players.

13. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

if someone is getting compared to yao ming when he's younger than me :? (17), he must be good. i can't believe that darius washington and the guy up in new york(forgot his name) is my age(maybe it's telfair or somethin glike that) i'm getting old :oops: , hopefully that guy will make an impact in the nba.

14. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "sunsfan1357":</div><div class="quote_post">that's not really the case, pchotsauce. A lot of foreign players that get drafted choose to stay in Europe for another year or so because the money may be bigger for them in Europe. That and because they want to develop their game for another year, but money is also a very big factor for these over-seas guys.</div>

The US has the biggest economy than any other country so u r not makin sense....so u r tellin me, Yao Ming isn't makin more here than h is in China....my point still stands....along with shapes

15. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

i see what you are saying pc, and i think that u are right. i think that the foreigners would be more satisfied not asking for max money than the us born players. the foreigners know what it's like to have a war going over at their country, they are just thankful for the chance to be able to play in the nba, while americans are just happy that they got the money.

16. sunsfan1357

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The US has the biggest economy than any other country so u r not makin sense....so u r tellin me, Yao Ming isn't makin more here than h is in China....my point still stands....along with shapes</div>

Yes it does make sense. There have been a lot of examples of players that have stayed, or wanted to stay, overseas because there was more money to be made on their behalf. Toni Kukoc, for example, wanted to stay overseas when the Bulls were going after him not only because he was worried about his role with the team, but because he was going to be making more money in Europe than in the US. Money is the biggest concern for everyone, don't try to act like it isn't.

17. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

just cuz the US has the largest economy doesnt mean u always get paid more...most of the euros drafted in the 2nd round make more in europe than they would in the US

18. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

I'm sayin tho....look at Yao Ming...he's done nothin but he wanted to come to U.S.....WHY? he wanted the attachments that came with it....Kobe nor T-Mac have their own theme song like he does...and goduke the currencies r different....euro dollars are different than U.S. dollars....go on expedia.com check the different currencies...a US dollar is like .07 more than Euros....if u keep addin on them extra .07s it's more....

19. sunsfan1357

Not really because the figures relayed to us over in the states are already translated into American dollars...

20. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

what the hell r u talkin about? I'm not an idiot....they get paid in US money.....I'm 15 years old not some 5 year old who cant comprehend...if they go back to europe with that money...it will be less