The Durant Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Jun 24, 2022.

1. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I think Dame and Grant are the best of those but I think he has a good chance to win a ring with Ball and Bridges or Mitchell and Gobert too.

2. blazerkor

If they ship Kyrie in an S&T for young players/picks/expiring contracts, then they would probably be heading for a youth rebuild. Of course they don't care about Bledsoe as a player, he would just be an expiring contract and if you think we're getting him for just that expiring contract and Nas then you're right we would have to stick a fork in it.

Fortunately for us we can S&T Ant, we can trade the rights to Shaedon, we can send Nas, we can send Keon and we can send three future firsts and three swaps... so hold onto that fork. I'm not saying that it's likely to happen because no specific trade is ever likely to happen until it gets done, I'm just saying we're probably the most viable destination if they want a young team full of potential around Ben Simmons.

SharpeScooterShooter likes this.
  3. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I could see the Nets gambling on a much-injured AD, but I don't see many other superstars that would be available. KD is going to want to be paired with at least one star or he will not be happy. So the question in my mind is who besides the Lakers has multiple stars that they could swap for KD? If I were the Nets I would want one of the top picks from this last draft or a top pick in next years draft.

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

They could trade him for Lebron ...any franchise player that is a top tier superstar.

5. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

OK I get this whole thread is a little unrealistic to begin with, but seriously you think the Lakers will trade LeBron anywhere? (unless he asks)
    That is really unrealistic.

6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

The whole idea that because Irving is looking to get out doesn't mean Durant follows...all that narrative was concocted here with wishful thinking...and Lebron has not commited to the Lakers last I heard....they are comparable talents and that was my point.....Ant is not a comparable talent..I think we're fishing for a story that's all based on fantasy

7. blazerkor

No it's a national narrative, not just concocted on here. Also why would either LeBron or KD accept that trade if Kyrie is gone? Posters in this thread have already laid out much better landing spots for KD. I realize some people in here haven't caught on to this yet but fringe superstars dictate where they are traded to and bona fide all time greats who are still dominant definitely get to say where they will play.

SharpeScooterShooter likes this.
  8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

It's agent spin on a national level probably very much like last summer with Dame....many teams want to show Durant as disgruntled, etc but I haven't heard anything from the Nets or Durant about it at all...just the usual media hacks. Durant isn't a "fringe" superstar....he's a superstar. I read the ideas people have thrown out there and I come to the conclusion that this isn't a story...it's a wish list. Dame and Nurk stoked that wish list and now everybody is thinking it's a thing....I'm stoked that Dame is putting the Blazers out there and lobbying for players though

9. blazerkor

Durant went to the Nets to further his legacy, if Kyrie opts out and leaves, even via sign and trade, he won't get the Nets the return value that will make that team a vehicle to improve KD's legacy. He isn't disgruntled today but what the entire media is saying is that he will be if Kyrie leaves. I don't think that's spin, I think it's just common sense. He went to Brooklyn to play with Kyrie, he's already stated that. He's a mercenary, we all know that. So why do you think he would stay?

Oh and I wasn't saying KD was a fringe superstar I was saying even fringe superstars dictate where they play so of course a bona fide all time great who is still dominant like KD gets to choose where he plays.

10. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Portland pretty much has to do that if it's on the table.

blazerkor likes this.
  11. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Here is Durant talking about getting drafted after Oden and the workout with us.

illmatic99 likes this.
  12. blazerkor

Yeah because I think we would be the betting favorite to win the championship next season. Look at what the Warriors have and what we would have... I think we wouldn't be prohibitive favorites over them but I think we'd have to be favored to beat them.

Tince likes this.
  13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Just read an article saying the Lakers are trying to offer AD and Westbrook to the Nets for Simmons and Irving...reuniting Westbrook and Durant as well as Irving and Lebron...AD with KD would probably keep KD in Brooklyn.
    Westbrook, Durant, Davis
    Lebron, Irving, Simmons......this would not surprise me at all but I'd hate to see the Lakers get better

14. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Yeah this was a rumor last week, could make sense for both teams. I bet Lakers would do it, Nets might consider it if alternative is a rebuild.

blazerkor likes this.
  15. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

They would likely want a young player with upside. Ant’s one of the best young players in the league. Remember- the Kings trade Cousins for Hield.

16. Freshtown

Freshtown Well-Known Member

Let’s go kyrie

blazerkor and RR7 like this.
  17. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

what tampering rules?

blazerkor likes this.
  18. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

If I'm KD that's not at all appealing to reunite with Westbrook and Anthony Davis literally can't stay healthy.

Every single stop for Russ has been a disaster
    Houston
    Washington
    LA

If Davis can stay healthy, and that's a big if, he is a great player. But he has played in a grand total of 604 games out of 809 possible games.

SharpeScooterShooter and PDXFonz like this.
  19. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

It says he received permission from the Nets. Thus its nots tampering.

20. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

That’s because westbrick is one of the most overrated players of his generation. He’s an NBA professional and a freak athlete. He’s not a scrub, but he’s incredibly overrated and the extent of his contribution to teams has been exposed by his time away from KD.

There’s no excuse for the Lakers. What a S*** show. LeBron and Westbrook alone should be good for a 1st round win, let alone a playoff birth.

If Westbrick was as good as many make him out to be, there’s no way the Lakers would miss the playoffs.