The Fire Eddie Jordan Thread

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

How long does it take to realize that you're not going to f*cking beat the Warriors by keeping the subs in for nearly the entire damn half, while you have fresh starters on the bench? F*ck Eddie, this guy doesn't know defense, this game finally got me saying to get rid of this guy. How do you not have Haywood, Thomas, or Blatche playing in the second half at all? Blatche has been getting putbacks, Haywood has been keeping Biedrins in check, and both players have done a good job on the offensive end. Songalia got F*cked up in the ass every damn time, how the F*ck do you expect this team to get a second chance opportunity or keep the Warriors from getting second chance opportunities huh? Then you finally put Arenas and Jamison in and there you go, it's back to a 4 point game, too bad it's too damn late. You're bitchass doesn't deserve to coach in the NBDL, you don't know defense at all.

2. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

:no3: at you bagging on your coach. You have a good coach. He obviously knows what he is doing and has his reasons for his methods etc.

3. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LakersFan247 @ Mar 24 2007, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>:no3: at you bagging on your coach. You have a good coach. He obviously knows what he is doing and has his reasons for his methods etc.</div>

I hope to god you're joking. He got the all-star gig because of Gil and Caron not cause of his coaching. Arenas and Antawn shouldve been in the entire fourth. and FOR GOD SAKES BRENDAN HAYWOOD COULD BECOME SOMETHING IF YOU'D PLAY HIM MORE THAN 20 MINUTES A GAME TO GIVE TIME FOR RUFFIN! Eddie's offense is great, however his rotations and defense are horrendous.

4. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

[quote name='LakersFan247' post='316029' date='Mar 24 2007, 01:45 AM']:no3: at you bagging on your coach. You have a good coach. He obviously knows what he is doing and has his reasons for his methods etc.[/quote]My god I hope you're kidding. I really don't feel like typing anymore so I'm just gonna copy and paste my other posts I made in other forums.
    We're leading our division because we can score, but I don't care how many wins we end up in the regular season, because we're not gonna go anywhere in the playoffs with the way the team is playing defense. This team wasn't that much different than last year, and LeBron James and the Cavs showed us that by 1 careless defensive play can lose you a game in the playoffs. The Wizards did that about 3 times in the series which costed them 3 games.****, not to mention that Miami Heat is already up in our ass being a half game or 1 game behind us without Dwyane Wade.

5. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

Alright....sh*t....haha You guys obviously watch more Wizard games so I'll trust your judgment. I'm just tired of people saying fire so and so etc.

6. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

How can you complain?You're in first place in your division

7. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Mar 24 2007, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How can you complain?You're in first place in your division</div>We had a 7 game lead over Miami a while back, now it's 0.5 games back. We're going to be second anytime soon.

8. Chris

Chris BBW Elite Member

This is a great idea, because it's never ever EVER the players' faults? Right?...right?

9. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris @ Mar 24 2007, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is a great idea, because it's never ever EVER the players' faults? Right?...right?</div>If you really don't think Eddie Jordan's the problem, deal it with Wizards fans from RealGM.http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=179404

10. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

The Wizards are a perimeter oriented team, they don't play defense because the players Grunfeld has added aren't defensive players, this team has nothing to look for in the post, they have no depth, Eddie Jordan isn't the greatest coach ever but you can't put this on him...he doesn't have the players to win...yeah, go ahead, fire Eddie Jordan, have another coach come in and play .500 basketball....why not fire the guy that picked Oleksiy Pecherov and Vladimir Veremeenko last year instead.

11. Ultimate

Ultimate BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Mar 24 2007, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Wizards are a perimeter oriented team, they don't play defense because the players Grunfeld has added aren't defensive players, this team has nothing to look for in the post, they have no depth, Eddie Jordan isn't the greatest coach ever but you can't put this on him...he doesn't have the players to win...yeah, go ahead, fire Eddie Jordan, have another coach come in and play .500 basketball....why not fire the guy that picked Oleksiy Pecherov and Vladimir Veremeenko last year instead.</div>You cant really blame Ming. Haywood only played 18 mins. He was in foul trouble early in the first quarter and barely played for the rest of the game. I dont think he even played in the second half. Biedrins (24/12) killed us. They dominated the paint the whole damn game. Blatch only played 15 mins. He had 10 and 7 for the game. Going with a small lineup obviously isnt gonna work. You'd think he'd have learned his leasson after doing the same mistake for the past 2-3 seasons. You can't think you'd outscore them by using a small unit and try to use speed to your advantage. With how we're playing right now, I don't think we deserve to even win the first round of the playoffs (although I'm hoping we do...)

12. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ultimate @ Mar 24 2007, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Going with a small lineup obviously isnt gonna work. You'd think he'd have learned his leasson after doing the same mistake for the past 2-3 seasons.</div>It's not even the point that he always goes small, but he did with all SUBSTITUTES, while the Warriors were just feeding off the energy of the building.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>You can't think you'd outscore them by using a small unit and try to use speed to your advantage. With how we're playing right now, I don't think we deserve to even win the first round of the playoffs (although I'm hoping we do...)</div>We scored a little with Songalia's and Hayes's shooting, but it wasn't much for them to produce enough. The team won't get past the first round at all if they don't play defense, the offense has been the same for the past 2 playoffs and we haven't gone far in the playoffs.

13. Branballs

Branballs BBW Member

EJ's rotations are beyond bad at this point. I dont know how many times Haywood has had a good first quarter and then disappears for the rest of the entrie game. And why? Is it because he gets tired and lazy? No, it's because EJ would rather play Michael Ruffin or Calvin the Boogeyman Booth. I'm sure Ruffin and The Boogeyman are great guys but come on dude, we're hanging on by a thread to our #3 spot....at least have the intelligence to put some size and talent on the floor. And this small ball stuff at the end of games needs to stop. He wonders why we can't build on leads...it's because we start shooting jumpers and go cold, allowing the other team to score on us in transition. Go inside, work the clock, get fouled. That's how you hold onto a lead. Ugh...such a frustrating team to watch if you're a fan.

14. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

I think Eddie Jordan and Darius Songalia have a long thing going on with each other.

15. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Darius Songaila may just be the most mindless defender I've ever seen, reminds me of Ruffin just when ruffin fouls it effects the shot of who he's defending. Don't really care much about his offense it's good but it's not like we need more on that end of the court. Again no brendan in the fourth god how does he only get 19 minutes he really could have been better if he wasnt coached by EJ.

16. Dagameplayer

Dagameplayer BBW Member

What other coach out there can take this team to the post season? Go ahead Wizards fans name one. Incase you didn't realize it The Washington Wizards have been in the playoffs every year since they got Coach Eddie Jordan. Yes he has some flaws but so does every other coach in the league (some flaws bigger then others) My point I know Wizards fans are tired of just making the playoffs but isn't it better getting there and having a shot at the title better then not bening in the playoffs at all?

17. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dagameplayer @ Mar 25 2007, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What other coach out there can take this team to the post season? Go ahead Wizards fans name one.</div>Stan Van Gundy, any defensive coach.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Incase you didn't realize it The Washington Wizards have been in the playoffs every year since they got Coach Eddie Jordan.</div>How hard is it to tell the team to pass it to Gilbert and Twan and tell them to shoot? As long as the East is sucking and the Wizards are scoring, we'll be making the playoffs every year. But it won't matter because we won't be able to play defense to stop LeBron James or Dwyane Wade to advance any furthur than the first round. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>My point I know Wizards fans are tired of just making the playoffs but isn't it better getting there and having a shot at the title better then not bening in the playoffs at all?</div>That was just kinda stupid.

18. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dagameplayer @ Mar 25 2007, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Incase you didn't realize it The Washington Wizards have been in the playoffs every year since they got Coach Eddie Jordan.</div>
    Incase you didn't realize Eddie Jordan had 25 wins his first year as head coach. and Incase you didn't realize every year Eddie has taken us to the playoffs he's had Gilbert and Tawn.

19. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Maybe if Ernie Grunfeld did his job you guys wouldn't have to play Booth, Ruffin or Darius.

20. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Mar 25 2007, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe if Ernie Grunfeld did his job you guys wouldn't have to play Booth, Ruffin or Darius.</div>
    Okay you cleary know little about the Wizards, Let me remind you that EG was hte guy who brought Gilbert here he was the guy who traded Jerry Slackhouse and a draft pick for the final piece of the puzzle which would lead us to the playoffs in Antawn Jamison. Let me remind you that he traded KWAME BROWN a.k.a mr. bust for CHUCKY ATKINS and CARON BUTLER of course chucky didn't work out but thats not EG's fault.

He signed Antonio Daniels who proved to be a key off the bench especially come playoff time. He did not spend all that money to match JARED JEFFRIES so we could sign a much more talented and able DeShawn Stevenson. BTW, Booth barely plays and Songaila is a good mid range shooter on the offensive end of the court. Ruffin is the problem. Also don't forget that EG was the man who decided not to resign Larry Hughes for all that money that the Cavs signed him for where he has become mr. injury. BTW Abe Pollin refuses to go even close to the luxury tax so he is restricted to VERY LITTLE MONEY.