The Fire Eddie Jordan Thread

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Mar 25 2007, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe if Ernie Grunfeld did his job you guys wouldn't have to play Booth, Ruffin or Darius.</div>That made no sense. Ernie Grunfeld made this team and no doubt he's a great GM. Whenever a guy like Larry Hughes or Jared Jeffries left, it almost looked as if the team was missing a huge part of their offense, but EG was able to respond bigger by replacing Hughes with Butler and Jeffries with Stevenson (only for 800k). He's responsible for bringing in every guy on the team except for Etan Thomas and Brendan Haywood. He got rid of Kwame Brown and Jerry Stackhouse, team cancers, so that's a plus.When he was in New York, he was responsible for bringing in every guy except for Patrick Ewing, and I'm not sure what he's done with the Bucks. EG did his job, so stop trying to act like you know everything in the NBA.

2. Dagameplayer

Dagameplayer BBW Member

How is it stupid? The whole point of the season is to get to the playoffs and thats what there doing. In 2005 they made the second round. In 2006 they got put out in the 1st ut they did a pretty good job. Yes Stan Van Gundy is a good coach but who's to say he could do a better job with Washington then Eddie Jordan has? Because he took Miami to the ECF's? Does Shaq play for the Washington Wizards? No. So I don't think it would make much of a difference. What I'm really trying to say is The Wizards have been hiring and firing coaches over and over again for many years and in those seasons they were losing because of it. Now you guys have a coach that is getting you there and your winning playoff games. This Thread shouldnt say fire Eddie Jordan it should say Fire Ernie Grunfeld.

3. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Do you really think that the Wizards got to the playoffs because of eddie jordan. No Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison were there both those years and for one of htem Caron was. Again your thing about Ernie Grunfield doesn't MAKE ANY SENSE, seriousely learn something about the Wizards before you post.

4. Dagameplayer

Dagameplayer BBW Member

Do you really think that the Wizards got to the playoffs because of eddie jordan. No Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison were there both those years and for one of htem Caron was. Again your thing about Ernie Grunfield doesn't MAKE ANY SENSE, seriousely learn something about the Wizards before you post.I didn't say it was all because of Eddie Jordan. Maybe you should learn more about the game of Pro Basketball before you talk to me. I'll explain it to you. When it comes to team sports the coach is the most important part of it. Why? Because without a coach there is no guidance. If you don't believe me watch this movie called Sunset park. In that movie the coach quit on the team in the middle of a game and went up into the stands and watched the rest of the game and those players were making terrible mistakes because they had Nobody to guide them. Coach Eddie Jordan has done something with the Wizards that has not been done for many years. He turned this team into a playoff team. Antawn Jamison and Gilbert Arenas were nice additions but put that same team on the floor with Bernie Bickerstaff or Doug Collins calling the shots and I promise you that team would be lottery bound every year. You say I don't know anything about the Wizards? I've lived in DC my whole life and even though I was never a huge fan of the home team I still kept a good eye on them and I know what has gone on over the years from 1993 up to now and to this day I keep my eye on them because even though Im a laker fan and I wanna see them win the title again some day theres still a part of me that would love to see my city get a Championship so that I could go down to the MCI Center see them celebrate. Im not going to buy a ticket and go all the way to LA just to do that and come back because that just be pointless. Anyways back to the topic.... If you are really so passionate about firing Eddie you go ahead and support it and be ridiculous all you want. Oh and on more even if they did fire him theres no promise Stan Van Gundy would be interested in coaching the team which means they'd probabally hire someone else who'd just lead them right back to the lottery and Eddie would just go somewhere else and turn that team into a playoff team. Im sure the New York Knicks would love to have a coach like him.

5. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

I never said anything about stan van gundy and cleary you do know nothign about the wizards or "the game of basketball" judging by your comments. Firstly you need a better source than a movie for coaching. Secondly, sure there could be worse coaches but there's no team this team shouldnt be 1st or 2nd seeded in the East with a scoring trio of Antawn Caron and Gilbert. For a time we were 1st in the East when he was giving Gil and Caron good time and Ruffin was out. God damn, you cleary haven't seen his rotations. You haven't seen Brendan play well in teh first then completely dissapear the rest of the game. You haven't seen him keep the subs in when the other team erases a 17 pt lead. Doug Collins and Bernie Bickerstaff were far from great coaches but they also had alot less to work w/ than EJ did. I'm not saying EJ was worse than them just saying that he might not be better. And if you rea lly think that Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison were only "nice additions" you are completely crazy. BTW you backed up no reason why EG should be fired.

6. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 25 2007, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Okay you cleary know little about the Wizards, Let me remind you that EG was hte guy who brought Gilbert here he was the guy who traded Jerry Slackhouse and a draft pick for the final piece of the puzzle which would lead us to the playoffs in Antawn Jamison. Let me remind you that he traded KWAME BROWN a.k.a mr. bust for CHUCKY ATKINS and CARON BUTLER of course chucky didn't work out but thats not EG's fault. He signed Antonio Daniels who proved to be a key off the bench especially come playoff time. He did not spend all that money to match JARED JEFFRIES so we could sign a much more talented and able DeShawn Stevenson. BTW, Booth barely plays and Songaila is a good mid range shooter on the offensive end of the court. Ruffin is the problem. Also don't forget that EG was the man who decided not to resign Larry Hughes for all that money that the Cavs signed him for where he has become mr. injury. BTW Abe Pollin refuses to go even close to the luxury tax so he is restricted to VERY LITTLE MONEY.</div> I know a lot about the Wizards, I know all the moves Grunfeld has made in Washington and in Milwaukee. He's made some good deals, and some bad moves. (Trading Ray Allen and a 1st round pick for Gary Payton and Desmond Mason....terribly foolish)...Moving on....just like Milwaukee Grunfeld has gathered a nice cast of scorers but can't figure out how to attain good post players and depth. This is why the teams he manage don't go anywhere other than the 1st round of the playoffs. He always has the big couple scorers and a cast of misfits and in Milaukee made a lot of terrible decisions with post players....And just like in Milwaukee he signs players that don't play defense for a defensive minded coach.

7. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Mar 26 2007, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I know a lot about the Wizards, I know all the moves Grunfeld has made in Washington and in Milwaukee. He's made some good deals, and some bad moves. (Trading Ray Allen and a 1st round pick for Gary Payton and Desmond Mason....terribly foolish)...Moving on....just like Milwaukee Grunfeld has gathered a nice cast of scorers but can't figure out how to attain good post players and depth.

This is why the teams he manage don't go anywhere other than the 1st round of the playoffs. He always has the big couple scorers and a cast of misfits and in Milaukee made a lot of terrible decisions with post players....And just like in Milwaukee he signs players that don't play defense for a defensive minded coach.</div>
    Firstly Eddie is far from a defensive minded coach. Secondly the fact that EG brings in scorers I agree with but he has no choice but to add scorers to the Wizards. There was no hope after Antawn and Gilbert came to make this a defensive team which is why all he can do is continue to add on scorers if he wants to keep the big three. However I have yet to see him pull off a bad trade or sign a free agent for more than he is worth other than Songaila. (Etan's contract was made by Jordan as were tons of other mistakes). Let me remind that EG was brought in to attempt to whipe out the mess that jordan made with the Wizards orginization and has done a stellar job so far in making this a playoff team. I can really judge how good of a GM Ernie Grunfield after this off-season where I'm sure that there need to be tweaks with DeShawn and Andray's contracts running out. Okay EG may not be a General Manager mastermind like Jerry Colangelo but he in no way is bad IMO.

8. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 26 2007, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Do you really think that the Wizards got to the playoffs because of eddie jordan. No Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison were there both those years and for one of htem Caron was. Again your thing about Ernie Grunfield doesn't MAKE ANY SENSE, seriousely learn something about the Wizards before you post.</div>If we go by the logic that Arenas, Jamison, Butler and Hughes were the one's who were responsible for taking Washington to the playoffs, then shouldn't they be held accountable and shoulder the responsibility to take the Wizards farther than the first round as well? I mean, if we say that those three guys were mainly responsible for getting the team to the playoffs, then why would we put the blame on Eddie Jordan for not getting them out of the first round last year? I don't know... it just seems like stupid logic to me... can't have it both ways.But anyway, I think EJ is a very good coach, and I don't think he should be fired. Then again, I haven't followed Washington too closely this year, but there always comes a point where players tune out a coach if he's been there too long (EJ is the longest tenured coach in the East)... maybe that's what's happening with you guys... but I really haven't heard of any players having problems with his rotations, philosophies, etc. other than Arenas after the first Portland game, as well as Thomas and Haywood fighting each other a few times.

9. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

I don't get why you guys argue that Eddie Jordan is a good coach to people who watch him every other night... BTW, the players are responsible for taking hte wiz to the playoffs but EJ is holding them back from reaching thier full potential defensively I'll give this to Jordan he is very much a players coach. He has good relationship with the players and helps them reach their full potential offensively which is why the Wizards roster likes him. However his lack of stress on defense and crazy rotations to bring guys who just make the wizards lose leads is frustrating.

10. Dagameplayer

Dagameplayer BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Firstly you need a better source than a movie for coaching.</div>Actually a sports movie if done right can be a great source to a argument. Sunset Park, Coach Carter, Eddie(A comedy but it had a message as well) and many others. Maybe you've never seen any of those movies and don't know what Im talking about but im sure someone in here has and will agree with me. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>TW you backed up no reason why EG should be fired.</div>I didn't back it up? I believe I did a pretty good job backing up why I think Eddie shouldnt be fired. But ill try this one more time. You should be happy with what you have in a Coach like Eddie Jordan why? Because there in a good situation. You say the team needs to get better defensively? There not that bad on defense. Maybe you should spend more time watching the games and less time looking at the stats and going by them. But if your Wizards GM go right ahead and fire Coach Eddie Jordan and wait say about a year or 2 goes by and I promise fans like you would start making threads about how dumb it was to fire him. Eddie Jordan is a way better Coach then Bernie Bickerstaff and Collins. You say they didnt have much options? Incase you forgotten Bernie had Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, Ben Wallace(Who wasnt the player he would become but he showed signs of it from time to time) Rod Strickland who was a pretty decent pg imo, Tracy Murray who could shoot the 3 like crazy, Chris Whitney(Great back up point guard, The 1998 Washington Wizards had much better depth then what they do now and if Coach Eddie Jordan were coaching them they would have been amazing. Samething goes if he were coaching the team Collins was coaching for the same reasons.

11. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dagameplayer @ Mar 26 2007, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Actually a sports movie if done right can be a great source to a argument. Sunset Park, Coach Carter, Eddie(A comedy but it had a message as well) and many others. Maybe you've never seen any of those movies and don't know what Im talking about but im sure someone in here has and will agree with me.
    I didn't back it up? I believe I did a pretty good job backing up why I think Eddie shouldnt be fired. But ill try this one more time. You should be happy with what you have in a Coach like Eddie Jordan why? Because there in a good situation. You say the team needs to get better defensively? There not that bad on defense. Maybe you should spend more time watching the games and less time looking at the stats and going by them. But if your Wizards GM go right ahead and fire Coach Eddie Jordan and wait say about a year or 2 goes by and I promise fans like you would start making threads about how dumb it was to fire him. Eddie Jordan is a way better Coach then Bernie Bickerstaff and Collins. You say they didnt have much options? Incase you forgotten Bernie had Chris Webber, Juwan Howard, Ben Wallace(Who wasnt the player he would become but he showed signs of it from time to time) Rod Strickland who was a pretty decent pg imo, Tracy Murray who could shoot the 3 like crazy, Chris Whitney(Great back up point guard, The 1998 Washington Wizards had much better depth then what they do now and if Coach Eddie Jordan were coaching them they would have been amazing. Samething goes if he were coaching the team Collins was coaching for the same reasons.</div>
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, God Damn I can not take you seriousely, hahahhahahahahhah wiz fans please read the bold. BTW, Juwan Howard and Chris Webber never worked well with this Franchise together and I watch every single Wizards game. God you sound ridiculous.

12. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>There not that bad on defense.</div>Being the worst perimeter defensive team and giving up 105 points, 3rd most in the NBA is not that bad right?....Well anyway, Eddie Jordan just got ejected after what seemed like a good defensive performance by the Wizards in the first half.Whenever you see a bad call, is it really f*cking necessary to call a timeout right after so you can argue with the Refs about it? Damn, he's got a bad temper.

13. Dagameplayer

Dagameplayer BBW Member

Your acting like he's the first coach in NBA History to ever get ejected from a game.. So what? Doesn't really matter what you Wizards fans say anyway. As long as you continue to win and get to the playoffs theres no reason why there going to fire him so your just going to have to deal with it. I'm not speaking of all Wizards fans but I guess you to are the type of a fans that like the coach when there doing a really good job winning every night like they were not to long ago (funny how there were no Fire Eddie Jordan threads then earlier in the season) and when there losing your quick to start bashing him. He's been there a good while now but he's still kinda new. Give him atleast 5 years.

14. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Funny how you show over and over that you don't know sh*t about the Wizards. Firstly when the Wizards were surging in December and January Etan was injured so Eddie couldnt play him. Ruffin was injured and Songaila was injured. So Brendan our best defensive player who can alter shots in the post was playing real minutes. At that point I think our team had a 7 man rotation which included off the bench Daniels and Jarvis Hayes which worked out very well for the Wizards. BTW, we're not happy just making the playoffs. Our big three has the talent to take us farther than just the first round every year. Why do you pretend like you know more about Eddie Jordans coaching tactics than us. BTW, we're not the only wiz fans to complain about Eddie Jordan. JUST GO TO REALGM'S WIZ FORUM, not to mention the only wiz fan that people seem to like, Zards, hates Eddie. God damn you're so fu*kin ignorant.

15. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dagameplayer @ Mar 27 2007, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Your acting like he's the first coach in NBA History to ever get ejected from a game.. So what? Doesn't really matter what you Wizards fans say anyway. As long as you continue to win and get to the playoffs theres no reason why there going to fire him so your just going to have to deal with it. I'm not speaking of all Wizards fans but I guess you to are the type of a fans that like the coach when there doing a really good job winning every night like they were not to long ago (funny how there were no Fire Eddie Jordan threads then earlier in the season) and when there losing your quick to start bashing him. He's been there a good while now but he's still kinda new. Give him atleast 5 years.</div>http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=179404You see that thread right there? Been going on since November of '03 and produced over 100 pages of posts since then. BBW isn't even my main forum I post on, I come on because there are some Wiz fans here.It was a lot different when we were winning too, then when we were losing. From the start of the season to just about when Jamison got hurt before the all-star break, EJ used a solid 7-8 man rotation, which included GA, Jamison, Butler, Haywood, Stevenson, Daniels, Thomas, and Hayes. That worked FINE. We were on top for a while, but since then, even with Butler and Jamison back and healthy, EJ has been using an 11-12 man rotation, which clearly isn't working. You can't just keep changing the lineup every second during the game. It ruins the chemistry and rhythm the Wizards have and that's what Eddie Jordan is disrupting. It's sad that you even call yourself a Lakers fan, living in D.C. you bandwagoner.

16. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Ming, do you post on RealGM?

17. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 27 2007, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ming, do you post on RealGM?</div>Nah, they don't let users with free emails register new accounts.

18. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Oh, yeah I had that problem too at first, then I used my school e-mail, haha.

19. Ultimate

Ultimate BBW Member

Dec and Jan were really good to us. The Big three was clicking. No injuries hampered them and the team. EJ only had a 7-8 man rotation, but it's time we start letting our bench players play more.The only mistake EJ seems to make is he's playing our bench players at the wrong time (That and getting this team to play D which some of you already pointed out). When the game's on the line, go all out and get our best players out there. And give Haywood <u>MORE</u> playing time. He's only playing 15-20 mins each game, and he usually shares it with Thomas, Ruffin doesn't deserve a good chunk of their PT. Right now, only players I can see getting off the bench and play atleast 10 mins a game is Daniels, Hayes, Songaila, and Thomas. I wouldn't mind seeing atleast 1 of em when the game's on the line, rather than seeing Mason, Taylor, and Ruffin all at the same time out there.

20. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Haywood has to play in cruch time. He's our best defensive option and our second best offensive big. No reason not to play him when he was playing during all of our very close games in Dec./Jan. and we pretty much won all of them. Except that Rockets game but that was a good game anyways.