The 'Guess Who' Game

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by GatorsowntheNCAA, Dec 22, 2003.

1. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

You read it right, He was traded away by the magic, returned the following year and was cut...

Yes, it occurred in the last 5 years.

2. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Well the person who I was thinking of was that Griffith guy that we traded to get his rights in the 2nd round and then cut after preseason because he sucked. I don't know his 1st name. Very good question.

3. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sportsrock37:</div><div class="quote_post">Well the person who I was thinking of was that Griffith guy that we traded to get his rights in the 2nd round and then cut after preseason because he sucked. I don't know his 1st name. Very good question.</div>

No, his last name wasn't griffith.

4. GatorsowntheNCAA

A little bird told me that it was Laron Profit. He played for the University of Maryland. I know we traded him to the Wizards.

5. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sportsrock37:</div><div class="quote_post">A little bird told me that it was Laron Profit. He played for the University of Maryland. I know we traded him to the Wizards.</div>

lol...no, not profit.

Another clue: he played in the Big East

btw, get a new bird [​IMG]

6. GatorsowntheNCAA

Dang it. Damn bird told me the wrong answer. Well, that bird likely won't be on until I get back from my cruise. (leaves thursday, gets back sunday)(won't be on too much tomorrow either) So, hopefully someone will get the answer right by then.

7. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">lol...no, not profit.

Another clue: he played in the Big East

btw, get a new bird [​IMG]</div>

Omar Cook, from St. John's right

8. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">Omar Cook, from St. John's right</div>

yea, good job Henacy. I didn't think anybody was gonna get it.

Cook was drafted by the Magic. They traded his rights to Denver where he would get cut in preseason. The following year, he played for the Celtic summerleague squad, only to get cut after his poor play. Despite that, Cook was invited to join the Magic preseason squad where he would be cut again.
    Poor guy

He was most recently cut by the PAcers this year, and is playing his 3rd year in the NBDL. He's leading the league in assist and steals, but he's shooting in the low 30% FG.

9. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

I am announcing my return to these Guess The Player games. I did the quality post thing and will continue to do it but add in an answer or two to one of these. I have no Idea who you are talking about NotMuchGame but to keep the thread going I say Dennis Rodman.

10. Henacy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">yea, good job Henacy. I didn't think anybody was gonna get it.

Cook was drafted by the Magic. They traded his rights to Denver where he would get cut in preseason. The following year, he played for the Celtic summerleague squad, only to get cut after his poor play. Despite that, Cook was invited to join the Magic preseason squad where he would be cut again.
    Poor guy

He was most recently cut by the PAcers this year, and is playing his 3rd year in the NBDL. He's leading the league in assist and steals, but he's shooting in the low 30% FG.</div>

OK since I got it right can I ask a question

Guess this player

Hint #1: He played for the Magic During the Shaq/Hardaway era

Hint # 2: Micheal Jordan had one of his more famous dunks on him but not while he played for the Magic.

Guess who?

11. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TimFlem:</div><div class="quote_post">I am announcing my return to these Guess The Player games. I did the quality post thing and will continue to do it but add in an answer or two to one of these. I have no Idea who you are talking about NotMuchGame but to keep the thread going I say Dennis Rodman.</div>

The answer was Omar cook, Henacy already got it.

Anyways, Horace Grant is my guess for Henacy's player.

12. Henacy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">The answer was Omar cook, Henacy already got it.

Anyways, Horace Grant is my guess for Henacy's player.</div>

Naw, not Ho Grant. I give another hint to clear up Hint#2

Hint#3 He never played with MJ

13. notmuchgame

Okay, How bout Brian Shaw...