The "I'm bored, let's come up with some Foyle/Fish/Dun/Murph trade scenarios" thread

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Jul 6, 2005.

1. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

Show me a deal where there's a guy we get that inspires me. them "I give you my bag of crud for your bag of crud" deals depress me.

I tend to expect we have not yet seen all Murphy will deliver-and that actually goes for many of our guys. even Adonal really has only had a few months as the starter-and he improved his game in that time. with Zarko and Air France,every time they got the chance they showed more. Biedrens playrd good ball for a guy with almost no real experiance.

Who is real underrated that we maybe can get and have turn into a stud for us?

2. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Change of subject: If it were possible to land a disgruntled KG and assuming Jrich was easy to trade, would you guys trade him for KG?
    </div>

In a heartbeat. You can pick up a solid 2 guard relitively easy. But a Guy like KG... don't get me drooling.

3. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CohanHater:</div><div class="quote_post">In a heartbeat. You can pick up a solid 2 guard relitively easy. But a Guy like KG... don't get me drooling.</div>

Indeed. As much as I love Richardson... KG is KG. I will trade half of the team to get him, excluding Davis of course. Besides, we have Pietrus...

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

arrggg I'm infected with hindsight disease....

Why didn't we just get Kevin Garnett to begin with, instead of drafting Joe freakin' Smith back in '95?

Okay, I just took some medicine. I'm all better... for now.

5. fansince75

fansince75 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting REREM:</div><div class="quote_post">I tend to expect we have not yet seen all Murphy will deliver-and that actually goes for many of our guys. even Adonal really has only had a few months as the starter-and he improved his game in that time. with Zarko and Air France,every time they got the chance they showed more. Biedrens playrd good ball for a guy with almost no real experiance.</div>

I totally agree with this. All things being equal, I'd like to keep the team together. We have youth, depth, and talent. They are winning for the first time, and that's changing players behaviors. Apparently, Foyle is in the best shape of his life, Murphy (and quite a few other players) has been working out in Oakland all summer.

The problem, though, is money. It's entirely possible that Cohan gave Mully the OK to spend like crazy and build a winner, especially when you look at the contracts they are handing out!

But in 2007/08, it is entirely possible they will have a payroll of $65-75 mil (resign Z, MP, Dunn, plus a few more 1st round picks). Assuming the lux tax kicks in, and league revenues don't go up too much, they will likely pay about $10-20 mil in taxes (lux threshold was around $54 mil last year).

Grand total could be in the $90 mil range, althought it probably won't be quite that much. That is almost twice as much at this years payroll. Will Cohan pay to keep this team together?

edited: my salary numbers were a little off...

6. bayareafan85

bayareafan85 JBB JustBBall Member

Please trade Fish for Divac to clear money for next year and beyond. He could work with our young guys, we could just release him or he could retire so he could return to the Lakers organization.

If we had Divac could we become players in the Peja sweepstakes next year? I'm not a huge Peja fan myself but is he an upgrade to Dunn?

I really didn't like Fish running the team before Baron got here and if there is an injury we are stuck with Fish again. I just don't like his game, but the fans down here in LA love him.

"The scenarios are many. He could be brought back at the option price. Or bought out for $2 million and waived. Or bought out and re-signed for the veterans' minimum of about $1.5 million if he clears waivers, a move that would save the Lakers almost $2 million from his option price. Or traded to a team that could release him immediately to clear salary cap space. "Whatever they want to do with me is fine," Divac said. "I'd still love to be a part of the Lakers somehow as a player or as a coach. They brought that kid from high school; I could help work with him at least. I didn't like the way I finished my career with the injury and not playing. That's the only thing that's kind of holding me to go one more year."

7. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting bayareafan85:</div><div class="quote_post">Please trade Fish for Divac to clear money for next year and beyond. He could work with our young guys, we could just release him or he could retire so he could return to the Lakers organization.

If we had Divac could we become players in the Peja sweepstakes next year? I'm not a huge Peja fan myself but is he an upgrade to Dunn?

I really didn't like Fish running the team before Baron got here and if there is an injury we are stuck with Fish again. I just don't like his game, but the fans down here in LA love him.

"The scenarios are many. He could be brought back at the option price. Or bought out for $2 million and waived. Or bought out and re-signed for the veterans' minimum of about $1.5 million if he clears waivers, a move that would save the Lakers almost $2 million from his option price. Or traded to a team that could release him immediately to clear salary cap space. "Whatever they want to do with me is fine," Divac said. "I'd still love to be a part of the Lakers somehow as a player or as a coach. They brought that kid from high school; I could help work with him at least. I didn't like the way I finished my career with the injury and not playing. That's the only thing that's kind of holding me to go one more year."</div>

Vlade would make for a good mix on this team, as much as I dislike him. He passes well and does the little things. Of course this team would have to score 130 points a night to compete. He'd be a good influence on Beans. Mix in his court awareness with Foyles grit, and the kid could learn a ton.

Side note: Can you imagine the number of flops a game with him and Dunleavy on the floor together? They could change the name of the team to the floppers. [​IMG]

8. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think Lakers will trade Divac's one year contract for Fisher's 5 years contract. After all, if they wanted to hold onto Fisher, all they had to do was just to match Warriors' offer. Besides, Fisher was West's pick, not Jackson's pick.

Even if we get Divac, in order for us to be a legit player for Peja next year, we kinda need 78 mils caproom, instead of current 48 mils caproom. Yeah, it would be kinda difficult... to put it mildly...

9. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

here's the deal the warriors need to make

[ Golden State Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Calbert Cheaney
    6-7 SF from Indiana
    4.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 1.2 apg in 17.3 minutes

Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate
    4.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.7 apg in 21.8 minutes

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    13.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.6 apg in 32.5 minutes
    Incoming

George Lynch
    6-8 SF from North Carolina
    3.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 21.2 minutes

Jamaal Magloire
    6-11 C from Kentucky
    11.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.3 apg in 30.6 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -7.0 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and -1.2 apg.

New Orleans Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

George Lynch
    6-8 SF from North Carolina
    3.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 21.2 minutes

Jamaal Magloire
    6-11 C from Kentucky
    11.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.3 apg in 30.6 minutes
    Incoming

Calbert Cheaney
    6-7 SF from Indiana

Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate

Mike Dunleavy
    6-9 SF from Duke
    13.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.6 apg in 32.5 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +7.0 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and +1.2 apg.

it improves us and relieves us of foyle's contract

magliore a solid upgrade at the 5, and lynch a solid role player that can back up pietrus as he moves into the starting role...with zarko as our change up at the 3

AND WE GET RID OF THE TOWEL ONCE AND FOR ALL

Successful Scenario
    Due to Golden State being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Golden State had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

10. boogiescott

boogiescott JBB JustBBall Member

another idea

Golden State Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Calbert Cheaney
    6-7 SF from Indiana

Derek Fisher
    6-1 PG from Arkansas-Little Rock
    11.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.1 apg in 30.0 minutes

Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate
    Incoming

Carlos Boozer
    6-9 PF from Duke
    17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes

Raul Lopez
    6-0 PG from RealMadrid (Spain)
    5.2 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 4.0 apg in 16.7 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +2.2 ppg, -0.5 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

Utah Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Carlos Boozer
    6-9 PF from Duke
    17.8 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 2.8 apg in 34.8 minutes

Raul Lopez
    6-0 PG from RealMadrid (Spain)
    5.2 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 4.0 apg in 16.7 minutes
    Incoming

Calbert Cheaney
    6-7 SF from Indiana

Derek Fisher

Adonal Foyle
    6-10 C from Colgate
    Change in team outlook: -2.2 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Golden State and Utah being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and Utah had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

yeah i know ...why would utah do this....well they do need a point guard... to mentor williams and a big man.... is this repeating what we get in ike.....i dont know....but boozer is a proven quantity and a tough hard nosed player

lopez i believe is not playing in the nba next year

the bright side ...we are rid of the two albatrosses foyle/fish

and did i mention we get rid of the towel as well?

11. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Hey guys, Im back from 3 weeks of San Antonio so you should start seeing more posts from me again.

Here is one of my trade ideas:

Memphis Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Jason Williams
    6-1 PG from Florida
    10.1 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 5.6 apg in 27.5 minutes

Shane Battier
    6-8 SF from Duke
    9.9 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.6 apg in 31.4 minutes

Incoming

Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame
    15.4 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.4 apg in 33.9 minutes

Derek Fisher
    Change in team outlook: +7.2 ppg, +6.9 rpg, and -1.7 apg.

Outgoing

Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame

Derek Fisher

Incoming

Jason Williams
    6-1 PG from Florida

Shane Battier
    6-8 SF from Duke
    Change in team outlook: -7.2 ppg, -6.9 rpg, and +1.7 apg.

Successful Scenario

This trade is probably more likely to happen at the all-star break if Diogu is ready to take over the starting PF spot. Memphis gets a PF who can play C with a nice outside shot as well as a good rebounder. Mem also gets a veteran PG to replace their current PG whom they dont seem to like. GS gets a very good PG who actually averaged less minutes than Fisher did last year, he is great insurance if Davis goes down, and once we can trade him he will be even more valuble as a good PG who also has an expiring contract. GS also gets a great defensive SF to back-up Dun who is locked up for 5 years, doesn't put GS in a position where we have to keep Dun if he asks for too much cash.

12. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

I'm not sure, Memphis might do it. I'm fairly certain they don't want to take on Murphy's contract and add to their arsenal another player who is soft in the post, but they like Fisher and might be willing to take his contract. Solid trade for us. Have Pietrus start and Battier off the bench with J-Will

13. Custodianrules2

boogielew those are interesting trades. I'm not sure if we want to do the Utah one because we have Diogu who might be even better than Boozer. Also, for the Magloire deal, we'll probably only have him for two years because of Toronto being able to sign him. Magloire hails from Toronto and would probably love to play at home.

I do like the ability to dump contracts, though.

14. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey guys, Im back from 3 weeks of San Antonio so you should start seeing more posts from me again.

Here is one of my trade ideas:

Memphis Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Jason Williams
    6-1 PG from Florida

Shane Battier
    6-8 SF from Duke

Incoming

Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame

Derek Fisher
    Change in team outlook: +7.2 ppg, +6.9 rpg, and -1.7 apg.

Outgoing

Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame

Derek Fisher

Incoming

Jason Williams
    6-1 PG from Florida

Shane Battier
    6-8 SF from Duke
    Change in team outlook: -7.2 ppg, -6.9 rpg, and +1.7 apg.

Successful Scenario

This trade is probably more likely to happen at the all-star break if Diogu is ready to take over the starting PF spot. Memphis gets a PF who can play C with a nice outside shot as well as a good rebounder. Mem also gets a veteran PG to replace their current PG whom they dont seem to like. GS gets a very good PG who actually averaged less minutes than Fisher did last year, he is great insurance if Davis goes down, and once we can trade him he will be even more valuble as a good PG who also has an expiring contract. GS also gets a great defensive SF to back-up Dun who is locked up for 5 years, doesn't put GS in a position where we have to keep Dun if he asks for too much cash.</div> Welcome back, run bjm. I think it's a trade Memphis won't do because not only will Jerry West refuse to take on Fisher's contract, but I don't think he'll view Murphy as much of a center to play alongside Pau Gasol. So that makes Murphy a player with a six year deal with nearly 10 mil a year as a backup coming off the bench. Also with a team that has a high payroll (8th highest - hoopshype.com), lacks stars and leadership, Shane Battier is the closest thing they have to a go-to guy. He's a great defensive player with quick hands and high basketball IQ, he can come through in the clutch, and is a leader by example and personality. Battier even does a lot of community service. A real standup guy. I'd love to have him. JDub is a punk, but he's entertaining at least and has a good shot. I like his courtvision and showboating. I just don't think it helps Memphis's starting lineup that much other than they get rid of a headache. They still take on the financial burdeon and lack center help. Lorenzen Wright, who plays center for the Grizzles, is not really a center, he's a power forward. He also is rumored to want out because the lack of contract extensions.

15. Run BJM

Well I believe Posey is ahead of Battier on the totem pole in Memphis (they are loaded with SFs and Posey has a good defense and offensive game). I dont really want J-Dub here either but he is a good trading chip. Just a thought, I know West likes alot of our players so its possible that we trade a double-double PF and a clutch vet PG, both with great attitudes, for a PG they are trying to get rid of and a small forward who they already have a replacement for. I believe that if we ship Murph, Mullin will force the other team to take either Fish or Foyle.

16. Custodianrules2

Posey could walk though. Plus Battier is like the heart and soul of Memphis. You don't trade away a team captain who has the talent to make the team better. He's no superstar or allstar, but he's definitely one of the big reasons the Grizzlies have been successful. If we do any trades, how about Fish + trade exception for JDub. We get a loser, but he's a better point guard at least.

Actually, I'm not sure I like that trade. I hate JDub. He hasn't grown up at all and he's like almost 30. He'd be a team cancer.

17. Run BJM

I dont think you can combine a TE with a player unless the teams agree to make separate transactions. I just really believe Murphy will eventually be gone. Moving him to center with Diogu at PF makes our defense much worse than if it were Foyle and Diogu. The whole reason why i want to see Murphy or Dun gone is because having both in our starting lineup make us much too vulnerable defensively. We drafted Diogu because he has a post game and bangs inside. Murphy doesn't do either, he chucks up threes and we already have plenty of players who do that. Zarko can come off the bench and duplicate anything Murphy can do just as well or better (except rebound). Diogu possesses a good jumper, not as good as Murphy's but good enough to stretch defenses, and Diogu can rebound about as well, maybe a little worse. But Diogu has a very good post game and plays much better defense than Murphy. If Zarko is backing Diogu up then we lose nothing from shipping Murphy.

18. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">I dont think you can combine a TE with a player unless the teams agree to make separate transactions. I just really believe Murphy will eventually be gone. Moving him to center with Diogu at PF makes our defense much worse than if it were Foyle and Diogu. The whole reason why i want to see Murphy or Dun gone is because having both in our starting lineup make us much too vulnerable defensively. We drafted Diogu because he has a post game and bangs inside. Murphy doesn't do either, he chucks up threes and we already have plenty of players who do that. Zarko can come off the bench and duplicate anything Murphy can do just as well or better (except rebound). Diogu possesses a good jumper, not as good as Murphy's but good enough to stretch defenses, and Diogu can rebound about as well, maybe a little worse. But Diogu has a very good post game and plays much better defense than Murphy. If Zarko is backing Diogu up then we lose nothing from shipping Murphy.</div>
    Ah, I think you may be right about that. Then I guess Fish for JDub straight up doesn't work. As for Murph, he's been a suprise, but eventually every team wants to upgrade a power forward that can defend other big men, protect the basket, and score inside and out or has the high percentage game required of big men. Frankly, I just don't think Murphy makes anyone better. He's kind of a ballhog, he doesn't play defense, and the only toughness he brings is the kind that goes after the ball. He doesn't box out for anyone and he shoots a low percentage as a 2nd or 3rd option.

19. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    Honestly.. If Foyle's playing like he was at the end of last season, his salary is not something you'd have to "force" a team to take. I think Fisher is the guy we'd like to package

20. Run BJM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CohanHater:</div><div class="quote_post">Honestly.. If Foyle's playing like he was at the end of last season, his salary is not something you'd have to "force" a team to take. I think Fisher is the guy we'd like to package</div>

Agreed. If Foyle is producing like he was at the end of last season, his salary is pretty average. Not to mention he is one of the best shot blockers in the NBA. I'd much rather pay him 8 mils than Fisher, whom we could replace 1 or 2 million, 6 mils.