The I'm bored, "What is your favorite embarassing Warriors on-the-court play?" thread

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

The I'm bored, "What is your favorite embarassing Warriors on-the-court play?" thread

Okay the title sucks, but I wanted it to be clear to everyone it was about the Warriors players and not about themselves. But you can include yourselves if you want. Like the time I got up and cheered during an awesome 3 point play by Mickael Pietrus and accidentally farted at the Arco arena from apparently being relaxed with all the food I ate and being overjoyed at the same time. Actually, as I ponder that moment, it was not embarassing but a proud moment since I was surrounded by a bunch of hardcore, annoying, cow-bell ringing Kings fans all around me and they didn't have a clue who did it. It was me! Just as well, they were probably the same kings fans that drive all the way to Oakland Arena wearing their Peja and CWebb jerseys, cheering for every Kings bucket 2 times a year and some on national TV. What great fans they have over there but they deserved to be farted on, plain and simple.

Okay back on topic:

The most favorite embarassing warriors play had to be the time during the 2003-2004 season when Jason Richardson, while dribbling out the clock to end the game, lost it off his foot and it went right to Rasheed Wallace, who promptly got the ball and started dribbling the other way to score. Speedy Claxton had to steal back the ball to prevent the easy lay-in and did. Jason Richardson looked mortified and everyone on both benches and on the floor were falling over, laughing hysterically because you simply don't lose the ball when running out the clock on the last posession when there's no pressure on the ballhandler. This was after Jason Richardson's monster game in Portland too with 30 or so points, two highlight dunks, 3-4 dimes, and a bunch of rebounds.

Second favorite embarassing play was the Foyle dunk attempt against Sacramento or Phoenix (I think he's blown more than one actually)? Anyway, a clear lane and a wide open dunk attempt and he somehow failed to clear three pages worth of the Book of Mormon when he jumped and it ricocheted off the rim while several flabbergasted and stunned Warriors had to gather themselves to try and rebound the miss. Absolutely amazing to see a guy 6'10 that cannot jump high enough to dunk two handed. His best shot is a flip shot that toilet rolls in the hoop to the crowd's utter sigh of relief. To think in 4 years he might have trouble jumping over a fruit roll-up, but I guess as long as Baron/Jrich are there to motion the sign of the cross in his direction before throwing the ball to him, he'll have a good chance to make some buckets. Hopefully his shotblock timing is still there to make up for his awesome Sprite Risin' Star-like dunking prowess.

At least it wasn't as bad as this one guy who came off the bench in garbage time during this college game I saw. He was one of a few White dudes on this team and he got the steal and the breakaway, he absolutely got up in the air and looked great in his takeoff. Only problem was... the rim was about two inches away from his actual reach and he missed it badly. <THUNK!!!> His teammates who were mostly all Black were just laughing so hard. The coach was visibly angry. Fans were laughing. Poor guy, but man it was funny as hell because that was his moment to show something and he tried to show off outside his capability, only to reinforce a stereotype that became the title of a Wesley Snipes/Woody Harrellson movie. He had decent hops, but he misjudged his actual takeoff point and blew it.

2. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Ah yes, I remember the Foyle shot. Cause I was yelling at the TV at Foyle when it happened.

3. upsidedownside7

upsidedownside7 JBB JustBBall Member

My most embarrassing moment at a warriors game: Well I don't have one but I'll humiliate my friend...My 2 friends and I were sitting in a corner section. There was also a man who took a bunch of 10-14 year old girls to the game. We had a very good time and on the drive back my psychotic friend said "did you see those hot chicks sitting with us? They were checking me out." Me and my other friend had no idea what he was speaking of. We both said "no you idiot, we were sitting in that section with those children. There were no hot chicks in our section." He said "They were hot! They were at least 18!" It took a while for it to click but he was talking about those little girls. When we finally figured it out we were absolutely repulsed with him. He still says to this day they were 18 when they clearly weren't even close. He was 24 at the time....yeah.

Most embarrasing W's moment: I got so worked up talking about that story my mind is blank. The biggest one that comes to mind was when old man Aaron McKie blocked Murphy's shot. That's pathetic.

4. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

There was an embarrasing moment for my friends at the game against Dallas where Dunleavy blew up. There was this massive dude bulging with what could be muscles who was damn drunk and sat near me and my friends in the nosebleed seats. He was really rowdy and would constantly pester my friends while I watched laughing inside. He scared my friend (who is a Dallas fan) to say that he was a Warriors fan and he ordered my other friend to give him a hug and dance (he did a little dance in his chair). Funny stuff.

5. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

1. When Warriors played last NBC game in 1995 (the year when we traded Webber). We played without any energy or effort, and consequently, we got blown out in front of the nation.

2. When we were up by 9 pts against Clippers with like one min left, and we lost that game eventually.

3. When Dunleavy had a chance to win the game with wide open 3 pts at the buzzer and shot an airball.

Didn't Mills try to score in wrong basket and Outlaw blocked the shot? Can't remember clearly...

6. Map1986

Map1986 JBB JustBBall Member

pre-2000 when warrior great mark davis(lasted half a season....if that) power bombed shawn bradley

7. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    My cousin did this after a heart-breaking loss to Shawn Kemp's Sonics in the 1st round of the playoffs. On the way out of the arena, he tells Al Attles "Nice Parrish trade" We had no center and a great team, but couldn't get over the hump...

Al Attles stands up and in his DEEP voice, says "Excuse me? I couldn't hear you.. want to talk about this outside?" We laughed for days about how Al Attles wanted to fight him