The INDISPUTABLE Truth About Brett Favre's Big Mouth

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by DolfanDale, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Without Grady Jackson people are gonna run all over the packs defense.</div>

with grady jackson people will run over packs defense

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Without Grady Jackson people are gonna run all over the packs defense.</div>

with grady jackson people will run over packs defense</div>

I wouldn't say that yet. With Jackson the packers are like 6-2 last season. When he was in the lineup we stopped the run very well. Without him though we are doomed.

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FLORIDA PACKER)</div><div class='quotemain'>There is a slight posibillity that the GRAVE DIGGER! could return if we are in need, He is reportdely in the best shape he's been in since his injury. He'd be a good tutor/back up/stop gap until either Grady returns or a young guy steps up.

Then Miami is possibly asking for 4th rounder for that Zgonia guy who from what iv'e heard is a pretty solid Tackle.</div>

I rather see Zogonia here instead of Gilbert. Not that I don't like Gilbert but he is aging and might not do what he used to do for us. I'll take them both and Cullen Jenkins and Donell Washington emerges. Then we might be ok. Washington is someone Bates is very high on and expects him to have a big year.

4. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Without Grady Jackson people are gonna run all over the packs defense.</div>

I wouldn't say that yet. With Jackson the packers are like 6-2 last season. When he was in the lineup we stopped the run very well. Without him though we are doomed.</div>

really a packers fan thinks that? hmmm well no surprise there.

5. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey guys, guess what? It's a free country! Brett Favre is voicing his OPINION! Just like all of you are doing in this thread... I say good for him for sticking to his guns.

I hope Walker sits this year. If he does, guess what? He'll have the same contract next year. And the year after. Until he plays, he's locked into that contract. If the Packers decide they don't care, they can basically "forcibly retire him."</div>

No one is arguing about Favre having the right to say anything he wants. I'm saying that it's inappropriate for Favre to stick his nose in Walker's business and he's undermining his leadership in the locker room by running his yap. I'm saying that everyone in the club house knows that Favre makes crazy money compared to anyone else and they're going to resent his helping the club to keep salaries as low as possible. I'm saying that every player on the Packers must wonder if Favre is going to meddle in their affairs if they have a problem with the front office. Favre needs to lead the team on the field and let the front office do it's job.

As far as the Packers forcibly retiring Walker, I think that would be a travesty. I just can't root for a multi-million dollar company to succeed in paying it's employees a wage that's lower than what their performance deserves. I can't hate players for trying to make hay while the sun is shining.

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I wouldn't say that yet. With Jackson the packers are like 6-2 last season. When he was in the lineup we stopped the run very well. Without him though we are doomed.</div>

really a packers fan thinks that? hmmm well no surprise there.</div>

You do know I like the Vikings just as much and it's really hard for me to be biased.

7. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>

You do know I like the Vikings just as much and it's really hard for me to be biased.</div>

spoken like a biased person who does not want to appear biased

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

[​IMG] <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>

You do know I like the Vikings just as much and it's really hard for me to be biased.</div>

spoken like a biased person who does not want to appear biased</div>

I am one of the least biased people on here. My favorite College team is Miami and I don't pick them to go the BCS Bowl let alone the National Title like some people. [​IMG] cough 56-0 cough
    I don't pick the Packers or Vikings to go to the Super Bowl like some people think a team that picked a #4 in the Draft will.

I think you no who I am talken about. :noworry:

The $1,000,000 answer is BF1.

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>

No one is arguing about Favre having the right to say anything he wants. I'm saying that it's inappropriate for Favre to stick his nose in Walker's business and he's undermining his leadership in the locker room by running his yap. I'm saying that everyone in the club house knows that Favre makes crazy money compared to anyone else and they're going to resent his helping the club to keep salaries as low as possible. I'm saying that every player on the Packers must wonder if Favre is going to meddle in their affairs if they have a problem with the front office. Favre needs to lead the team on the field and let the front office do it's job.
    </div>

I agree with you saying that Favre needs to be a leader on the field not the front office. I do think he had a little right to say something. It's better to try and not try at all. Plus Walker brought it public so why not Favre come out and say something. I am seriously thinking Walker is gonna get traded now. He is taken bad advice. Chad Johnson is asking for more money but is still showing up for Training camp. Guess who his agent is and what he wanted him to do. I think Walker is handling this bad. I don't blaim him for wanting more money but he should still show up for work.

10. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>[​IMG] <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>

spoken like a biased person who does not want to appear biased</div>

I am one of the least biased people on here. My favorite College team is Miami and I don't pick them to go the BCS Bowl let alone the National Title like some people. [​IMG] cough 56-0 cough
    I don't pick the Packers or Vikings to go to the Super Bowl like some people think a team that picked a #4 in the Draft will.

I think you no who I am talken about. :noworry:

The $1,000,000 answer is BF1.</div>

Spoken like a biased person trying to deflect criticism to his critic

11. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

everyone is biased for their team

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>everyone is biased for their team</div>

very true. There are some people who get out of hand though. remember devman90 and peps from the old forum.

13. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree with you saying that Favre needs to be a leader on the field not the front office. I do think he had a little right to say something. It's better to try and not try at all. Plus Walker brought it public so why not Favre come out and say something. I am seriously thinking Walker is gonna get traded now. He is taken bad advice. Chad Johnson is asking for more money but is still showing up for Training camp. Guess who his agent is and what he wanted him to do. I think Walker is handling this bad. I don't blaim him for wanting more money but he should still show up for work.</div>

Why is it right or appropriate for Favre to meddle in the contract negotiations of his teammates? Why can't the Packers' front office handle this without Favre's help? The TRUTH is that the Packers, a multimillion dollar organization, is using Favre and well deserved affection that his name generates to manipulate public support against Walker and try to force him back to the field. It's working to a certain degree. People, in a knee jerk fashion, are supporting Favre and therefore the Packers' front office. The problem is that, so far, Jevon is standing his ground and Favre's leadership as a player is being undermined by his new front office position.

Why blame Jevon Walker because this has become a public dispute? Do you really think that any contract negotiation is going to remain a secret in this day and age? There are too many sports channels and websites reporting every dot and tittle of news occuring in the NFL. If someone can explain to me how "going public" benefits Jevon Walker, I would love to hear it.

People keep saying that Jevon should still show up for work. That's why your not a sports agent. You don't seem to understand that if a player gets injured, he loses all leverage. That's why no one has signed Ty Law so far. No one knows if Law can still play at the level he was playing at before the injury. This is why rookies don't show up until they have a contract. If they get hurt, then they might get nothing. If Jevon goes to training camp and blows out his knee, then there's no way that the Packers rework his deal and his trade value is zilch. I'm no fan of Rosenhaus, but I do understand that players have to protect thier interests. Besides, if Walker does show up for work, what incentive do the Packers have to try and work a new deal for him?

14. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

you don't see Grady Jackson or Mike McKenzie last year on ESPN. You don't here to much about Shaun Alexander even. Walker and TO seem to be the guys you hear a lot about. I agree Favre shouldn't dig into his buisness but if a reporter came up to him asked him to comment and he said what was on his mind. The Media began to take it to the next level so they got something to talk about. Nothing wrong with being honest. Javon is taken bad advice because there is no way he gets a new deal this year. 1 good year isn't enough to make the Pack budge. They never do. I live in GB I have heard these things for years. I am not blaming Javon Walker for wanting more money at all. I am blaming him for being lazy and not getting to TC. I am blaming him for taken bad advice. I agree his is underpaid but the moment he hired Rosenhaus he said I want more money. I think that is some bad advice to be that aggressive. Sometimes you win sometimes you don't and in the team Walker is dealing with he isn't going to win.

15. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

So, just because the media asks Brett Favre a question, he has to answer them? That shows little wisdom when dealing with the press. I like the story I read once from a Dolphins' writer about his first time meeting Marino when he started covering the Dolphins. Basically, Marino told him that it was nice to meet him, but if thought he was going to get (crap) from him, he thought wrong.

By the way, you can't blame Jevon and TO because the press chooses to give them more press time. The fact is that not as many people care about McKensie or Grady, so the media isn't going to follow their stories as closely.

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>So, just because the media asks Brett Favre a question, he has to answer them? That shows little wisdom when dealing with the press. I like the story I read once from a Dolphins' writer about his first time meeting Marino when he started covering the Dolphins. Basically, Marino told him that it was nice to meet him, but if thought he was going to get (crap) from him, he thought wrong.

By the way, you can't blame Jevon and TO because the press chooses to give them more press time. The fact is that not as many people care about McKensie or Grady, so the media isn't going to follow their stories as closely.</div>

Favre gave an honest answer..... There is nothing wrong with that. the media has taken it to the next level.

Walker and TO aren't stopping anything are they. Walker wanted to go on Rome is Burning and Rosenhaus is eating this attention up. Rosenhaus has been on a lot of shows and he mentions TO the most and Walker a lot as well. So the media a eating what he is feeding them.

17. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Favre gave an honest answer..... There is nothing wrong with that. the media has taken it to the next level.

Walker and TO aren't stopping anything are they. Walker wanted to go on Rome is Burning and Rosenhaus is eating this attention up. Rosenhaus has been on a lot of shows and he mentions TO the most and Walker a lot as well. So the media a eating what he is feeding them.</div>

I don't blame Jevon Walker for going on TV and stating his side of the story. If the Packers are going to have Brett Favre calling Jevon out in the press then Jevon should stand up for himself. As for TO, I'm not going to defend him. I think his holding out is stupid and I'm not naive enough to think that Owens would ever say no to camera time.

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't blame Jevon Walker for going on TV and stating his side of the story. If the Packers are going to have Brett Favre calling Jevon out in the press then Jevon should stand up for himself. As for TO, I'm not going to defend him. I think his holding out is stupid and I'm not naive enough to think that Owens would ever say no to camera time.</div>

JAvon Walker is got a right to do that. Agreed but he stated on a local radio station that he is thinking about coming to training camp on time anyways a while back. Actually right after what Favre said. Now he is not.hmmmmm I don't know about that. I will say Rosenhaus is giving horrible advice to him and it's sad because he was a fan favortie but now he is probably going to be traded. The Packers are gonna loose a big part of their offense if he doesn't report in August.

19. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Consider this! I don't think that Jevon Walker has to report for all 16 games to get credit for playing this season. It seems that I read, during the Ricky Williams fiasco last year, that Ricky might report as late as 6 games in order to get credit for the year. (He didn't of course.) My point is that Jevon doesn't have to hold out the whole season to make his point. The Packers can't afford a slow start because the Vikings will make them pay. Will public sentiment turn if Favre and the offense struggle because the other WRs can't pick up Jevon's slack? I remember when Emmitt Smith held out and the Cowboys went 0-3. The Cowboys couldn't get Smith a new contract fast enough. I'm not going to say that losing Jevon Walker will have the same impact as Emmitt Smith's absence had on the Cowboys, but considering how poorly the Pack's defense has played the last couple of years, they're going to need all the offense they can muster. Something to think about.

20. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I think Grady Jackson hurts more than Javon Walker does. Jackson is Green Bay's best defensive lineman and is a huge boost in run support. We still got Ferguson and Driver who are both good enough to keep the passing game up near the top of the league. Jackson has the experience at DT. Next to him they got Cledius Hunt who won't start anyway. Donell Washington going into his 2nd season. Cullen Jenkins who is going into I think his 3rd but has never been a full time starter and Corey Williams who is going into his 3rd year I believe. The Packers have 2 solid wideouts in Driver and Ferguson but Jackson is the a big blow to the defense. With him in the lineup they won 7 of their last 9 regular season games without him they were horrible.