The INDISPUTABLE Truth About Brett Favre's Big Mouth

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by DolfanDale, Jul 20, 2005.

1. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Donald Driver is a good WR, but Robert Ferguson is terribly overrated. He hasn't caught more than 38 balls in a year and has just barely broken 500 yards receiving once and that was a couple of years ago. Without Walker, teams will focus on Driver because they know that Ferguson isn't a real threat. The Pack needs to get Jevon Walker back in the fold.

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>Donald Driver is a good WR, but Robert Ferguson is terribly overrated. He hasn't caught more than 38 balls in a year and has just barely broken 500 yards receiving once and that was a couple of years ago. Without Walker, teams will focus on Driver because they know that Ferguson isn't a real threat. The Pack needs to get Jevon Walker back in the fold.</div>

I think Ferguson will do fine as a number 2 reciever as long as the running game is strong. Meaning green davenport have to stay healthy.

3. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>Donald Driver is a good WR, but Robert Ferguson is terribly overrated. He hasn't caught more than 38 balls in a year and has just barely broken 500 yards receiving once and that was a couple of years ago. Without Walker, teams will focus on Driver because they know that Ferguson isn't a real threat. The Pack needs to get Jevon Walker back in the fold.</div>

I think Ferguson will do fine as a number 2 reciever as long as the running game is strong. Meaning green davenport have to stay healthy.</div>

It's nice that you feel that Robert Ferguson will do fine, but his career numbers don't support that assertion.

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

what do you expect of him as a number 2. All he has to do his step up which I have seen him do in big games. As long as their is a running game to take pressure off the passing game Ferguson will be a decent player.

Now I am not saying we will be totally fine without Walker but I am saying that the deph is there to mangage for now. If Terrance Murphy can emerge as a slot wideout we will be ok with our top 3 wideouts. If Javon Walker shows up and plays then we will be in amazing shape there.

5. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Of Course Ferguson had offseason eye correction surgery, the very same kind that Javon had last offseason, Fergy has been banged up from special teams duty, last year he was listed on the depth chart as our number 2 guy ahead of JWalk until he was injured, He has all the intangibles to be a deep threat just like Walker if only he stays healthy.

6. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

It sounds like the Packers are counting an awful lot on WRs that haven't actually done anything in the NFL yet. But they have POTENTIAL!!!! If potential doesn't get the job done, we have all the intangibles!!!! "Ifs" and "buts" MUST be candy and nuts cause it's gotten awful squirrely in here lately.

7. FLORIDA PACKER

Up until last season Javon Walker had "Potential" to be great and he stepped up his game and showed it, Ferguson as long as he stays healthy will have a decent season if Walker continues his hold out.

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>It sounds like the Packers are counting an awful lot on WRs that haven't actually done anything in the NFL yet. But they have POTENTIAL!!!! If potential doesn't get the job done, we have all the intangibles!!!! "Ifs" and "buts" MUST be candy and nuts cause it's gotten awful squirrely in here lately.</div>

Donald Driver is a 2 time Pro Bowler. Ferguson has a lot of potential and get this we have Brett Favre and maybe even the best RB in the NFC when Healthy in Green. Plus Davenport can come in and play well as well in short yardage. The Packers are a top 10 offense no doubt with or without Walker. No one is worried about recievers.runningbacks.or the o-line for that matter. We are worried about our defense and we are counting on Jim Bates's scheme to make us better and for are younger players to play better than last season.

9. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

You say that your not worried about WR, but what if Donald Driver has to miss any time, heaven forbid, to injury? The Pack looks awful thin at WR should that happen.

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>You say that your not worried about WR, but what if Donald Driver has to miss any time, heaven forbid, to injury? The Pack looks awful thin at WR should that happen.</div>

What if Brett Farve gets hurt?

What if Nick Saban gets stabbed?

What if Jason Taylor tears a ACL?

What if Javon Walker plays?

What if Al Harris gets hurt?

11. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Hey! If you guys can play the "IF" game, then so can I. You guys claim that even without Jevon Walker, the Packers are a "no doubt" top 10 offense. I'm not sure about that and if Driver gets hurt, then Farve's top wide reciever has a career high of 38. That really sounds like a "no doubt" top 10 offense to me.

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Now you are just misunderstanding everything. I said we are a top 10 offense without Walker. Without Driver, Green,Favre we win 1 or 2 games. The chances of all that happening are slim but that is why it's a bit IF.

13. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I'm saying that everyone in the club house knows that Favre makes crazy money compared to anyone else and they're going to resent his helping the club to keep salaries as low as possible.</div>

You don't think Favre is worth every penny he's earned?

14. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I'm saying that everyone in the club house knows that Favre makes crazy money compared to anyone else and they're going to resent his helping the club to keep salaries as low as possible.</div>

You don't think Favre is worth every penny he's earned?</div>

I'm not saying that Favre isn't worth the money that he's being paid. I did say that he's my third favorite QB of all-time behind Bob Griese and Dan Marino. I'm saying that when everyone knows that Brett is making 2 to 3 times more than they are (in a lot of cases more than that) and he's publically stating that he hopes his fellow employees don't get raises, then you can bet they have names for him that I don't think Vikingfan wants used in this forum. It's easy for Brett Favre to tell other players to "honor their contract." Brett is currently playing on a $100 million dollar contract. If Brett wants to be one of the guys, then he needs to act like one of the guys and stay out of contract disputes.

15. FLORIDA PACKER

How much of that money is he actually going to see?

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Either way using Brett Favre's contract is a lame way to defend an argument. Walker out played his contract last season. Yea he did but there is something called common sense.

1. He has no chance of getting a contract. His agent thinks he can but it won't happen. GB doesn't renoegiate contracts when there are 2 or more years left. Walker has 2 years left.

2. He is doing this at the wrong time. We are a good team and have a shot with a great QB. We are contending. Does a Super Bowl mean nothing to him.

3. If he waits till September to show he will rack up a lot of fines. Yes the Pack will fine his ass and Walker come out with less money than he had to start with.

So I don't see his point in holding out this year. If he wants a new contract why not get one next year. When he has a way better chance and if he puts up even better numbers or as good he would have more leverage. GB hasn't even gone into contract negotiations with him yet. Can he take a hint. I guess not. In the end Walker will end up loosing money this year.

17. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Either way using Brett Favre's contract is a lame way to defend an argument.</div>

You just must not understand the argument because it makes perfect sense. Do you really think that Favre's teammates don't know how much money he makes? Do you think that won't be on their minds when he's making public statements about how he hopes the Packers won't give other teammates any more money? Don't say that Favre is only saying this about Jevon Walker. If Farve is willing to say this about one teammate, he'll do it to another and other Packer players know it. They just can't speak out because they need to look out for their futures. Darren Sharper noticed and made a statement, but he left the Packers and can afford to speak out.

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I like how you judge the entire post on one statement.

Let me ask you this 205 starts. No team has WON more games in the last 10 years and he is the only man on the roster the entire time. The only real true superstar we have had outside of Farve was Reggie White(Rest in Peace). A Super Bowl. Goes on the field and plays when his father had just died in less than 24 hours. Plays even though his wife has cancer and yes he asked her if he should retire and she said keep playing. So did he earn the money?? I think he did.

19. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>I like how you judge the entire post on one statement.</div>

I'm beginning to wonder if you even read my posts. I have said that I believe that Favre has earned the money he's making a couple of times. My point is that because he makes so much money, he needs to keep his mouth shut when it comes to other players' contract negotiations or they're going to turn on him.

Yes, I edit some of the posts that I'm quoting and addressing. I do it so that it's easier to follow. Besides, we don't need to reprint long posts word for word three, four and five times. I do read the posts however.

20. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>You say that your not worried about WR, but what if Donald Driver has to miss any time, heaven forbid, to injury? The Pack looks awful thin at WR should that happen.</div>

What if Brett Farve gets hurt?

What if Nick Saban gets stabbed?

What if Jason Taylor tears a ACL?

What if Javon Walker plays?

What if Al Harris gets hurt?</div>

DD make legit point about one of the MANY weakness pack have. A thin WR postion without walker. Then you throw ridiculous stuff to defend your point. Hmmm, wonder who was right?