The INDISPUTABLE Truth About Brett Favre's Big Mouth

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by DolfanDale, Jul 20, 2005.

1. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>You say that your not worried about WR, but what if Donald Driver has to miss any time, heaven forbid, to injury? The Pack looks awful thin at WR should that happen.</div>

What if Brett Farve gets hurt?

What if Nick Saban gets stabbed?

What if Jason Taylor tears a ACL?

What if Javon Walker plays?

What if Al Harris gets hurt?</div>

DD make legit point about one of the MANY weakness pack have. A thin WR postion without walker. Then you throw ridiculous stuff to defend your point. Hmmm, wonder who was right?</div>

Your like talking to a little kid. You don't understand my point. If the Bears loose Muhammed then their recieving core is thin. Injuries happen but you can't go into the season assuming that your top wideout is gonna tear a ACL. Look what happen when Grossman got hurt last year. You won 3 more games and lost I think 9 or 10. Get of my Back already to.

So I highly disagree with his statement on that one of what if Driver goes down. You can say the samething for every team in the NFL. So it's wrong to single out the Packers like that.

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>

What if Brett Farve gets hurt?

What if Nick Saban gets stabbed?

What if Jason Taylor tears a ACL?

What if Javon Walker plays?

What if Al Harris gets hurt?</div>

DD make legit point about one of the MANY weakness pack have. A thin WR postion without walker. Then you throw ridiculous stuff to defend your point. Hmmm, wonder who was right?</div>

Your like talking to a little kid. You don't understand my point. If the Bears loose Muhammed then their recieving core is thin. Injuries happen but you can't go into the season assuming that your top wideout is gonna tear a ACL. Look what happen when Grossman got hurt last year. You won 3 more games and lost I think 9 or 10. Get of my Back already to.

So I highly disagree with his statement on that one of what if Driver goes down. You can say the samething for every team in the NFL. So it's wrong to single out the Packers like that.</div>

You are the one arguing like a little child. What if farve goes down, what if a meteor hits the earth, OMFG it is dumbest argument ever!!! Not every team is thin at every position. He pointed at the packers were thin at one, and that if driver went down they were completely empty with no hope whatsoever. That was his point I reiterated it by mocking your childish argument!

3. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

BF1 gets your point, but not having good depth and not being prepared for injuries isn't a very good point. My point is that with Driver and Walker, if one of those two miss time due to an injury, you still have a 1,000 yard WR in the fold. Not all teams become thin because one injury. Some have greater depth at particular positions than others. An injury to a WR doesn't carry the same significance in New England as it does in Green Bay because the Patriots have greater depth at the WR position than the Packers. Great teams manage to stay afloat when injury comes along because they have better depth than weaker teams. You had better have a contingency plan because training camp hasn't even started and you know how many players get hurt during training camp and the preseason. Do you really think owners just accept the "losing because a couple players got hurt" very easily? Mike Sherman is on the hot seat this season.

Speaking of depth, the Steelers started the season with Tommy Maddox at QB. He didn't play very well. The Steelers didn't pack it in. Cowher knew he needed more talent at QB in case Maddox didn't pan out, so he had already drafted Ben Roethlisberger. Big Ben turned out to be just good enough to help the Steelers make a legit run at the Super Bowl. You didn't see them throw the season away because they had to make a change.

BF1 also had a point about your reponse to me being ridiculous. Nick Saban getting stabbed? You make a statement like that then tell BF1 that talking to him is like talking to a little kid? Hello, Pot? The kettle is on line one.

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>BF1 gets your point, but not having good depth and not being prepared for injuries isn't a very good point. My point is that with Driver and Walker, if one of those two miss time due to an injury, you still have a 1,000 yard WR in the fold. Not all teams become thin because one injury. Some have greater depth at particular positions than others. An injury to a WR doesn't carry the same significance in New England as it does in Green Bay because the Patriots have greater depth at the WR position than the Packers. Great teams manage to stay afloat when injury comes along because they have better depth than weaker teams. You had better have a contingency plan because training camp hasn't even started and you know how many players get hurt during training camp and the preseason. Do you really think owners just accept the "losing because a couple players got hurt" very easily? Mike Sherman is on the hot seat this season.

Speaking of depth, the Steelers started the season with Tommy Maddox at QB. He didn't play very well. The Steelers didn't pack it in. Cowher knew he needed more talent at QB in case Maddox didn't pan out, so he had already drafted Ben Roethlisberger. Big Ben turned out to be just good enough to help the Steelers make a legit run at the Super Bowl. You didn't see them throw the season away because they had to make a change.

BF1 also had a point about your reponse to me being ridiculous. Nick Saban getting stabbed? You make a statement like that then tell BF1 that talking to him is like talking to a little kid? Hello, Pot? The kettle is on line one.</div>

You still don't understand. My point is that you can't predict the future. Nick Saban getting stabbed is a horrible example. How about the 2nd coming of Steve Spurrier. Now do you see my point.

BF1 has no quality in his posts like you do. It's not worth reading. I will be talking to not only you or someone else all he says is yea I agree with so an so. Yep I agree and then rips my posts and uses no logic to back up what he believes. Can he just get off my back already. Since I got here he has been hownding me like a 5 year old wanting a toy at a store.

Dolfan you bring up the Steelers and last season and you bring up another point I would like to make. Big Ben came in as a rookie and the steelers won games. So if Driver were to get hurt we drafted Murphy to add deph. Thats why we used the a 2nd rnd pick on him. But why single out the Packers with Driver getting hurt when there are not many teams that have deep deph at every posistion except like you said maybe the Patroits. So yes What if can be said about any kep player on any team in the NFL. The answer most of the time is it hurts the team but life goes on and you got to keep working. I simply think the Packers are still a top 10 offense without Walker even. But yes if Green,Favre and Driver get hurt like you said then of course not. The chances of all 3 getting hurt are slim but it could happen. The chances of it happening to the Packers and any other team are the same.

5. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I'm not saying that Favre, Green and Driver have to get hurt for the Packers to struggle. I'm saying that, with Jevon Walker holding out, if Driver gets hurt then the Packers' offense is in trouble. Favre's leading WR would be Robert Ferguson who has a season high of 38 receptions. Ferguson has shown flashes of talent, but the jury is still out as to his ability to perform on a consistant basis.

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Yea if Driver gets hurt are passing attack would take a blow. ok. again though you can say this about many other teams. I just wanted to know why you brought up injuries in the first place. Was it because I said they are a top 10 offense.

7. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

It is time for training camp. Players do get hurt in training camp and the preseason. You have to wonder how the Pack would respond should something happen to the one proven WR they have in camp. It could really change Walker's position. I'm also not certain that teams won't be able to gameplan for Driver since they don't have to account for Walker. I'm just not as certain as you are, Porky, that they are a "no doubt" top 10 offense. I think the Pack needs to try and find a compromise with Walker.

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

The offense wasn't built areoud Javon Walker though. I don't see us dropping to from I think it was #3 to outside the top 10 because of the lost of Walker. It is also way to premature to assume Walker don't play for us even though I have a bad feeling. The offense is built around #4 and #30.

9. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>The offense wasn't built areoud Javon Walker though. I don't see us dropping to from I think it was #3 to outside the top 10 because of the lost of Walker. It is also way to premature to assume Walker don't play for us even though I have a bad feeling. The offense is built around #4 and #30.</div>

yep that is true. Brett is the leader of the team and will do good with anybody in there. Green was called the hardest back to tackle because he is so sllipery by mark fields. You think you have him tackled and then he slips right out of it

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>The offense wasn't built areoud Javon Walker though. I don't see us dropping to from I think it was #3 to outside the top 10 because of the lost of Walker. It is also way to premature to assume Walker don't play for us even though I have a bad feeling. The offense is built around #4 and #30.</div>

yep that is true. Brett is the leader of the team and will do good with anybody in there. Green was called the hardest back to tackle because he is so sllipery by mark fields. You think you have him tackled and then he slips right out of it</div>

finally someone who agrees with me. Having Walker would be great but life will go on without him if it continues to go that far.

11. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Walker can be replaced next year, Brett Favrre cant