The INDISPUTABLE Truth about Michael Vick

Discussion in 'NFC South' started by DolfanDale, Jul 2, 2005.

1. crazybacon

crazybacon nfl-*****s member

for a topic with "indisputible" in the title, there sure is a lot of disputing...this topic must hold the record for # of posts in the first 48 hours

2. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Again dolfan you have failed as a "football guardian" [​IMG]</div>

I haven't seen anyone effectively refute the TRUTHS that I spoken. Here are some true and false questions for you.

1. 99% of the time, the job of throwing the forward pass belongs to the quarterback.
    2. Michael Vick has never thrown for more than 3,000 yards in a season.
    3. Michael Vick has never thrown for more than 16 touchdowns in a season.
    4. Michael Vick has a only one season with a higher passer rating of 80 and that was 2002 when he had a whopping 81.6 passer rating.
    5. Michael Vick has a career passer rating of 76.9.
    6. 76.9 is not a good passer rating.
    7. Actually, a passer rating of 81.6 is nothing to write home about.
    8. Michael Vick has only one 300 yard passing game in the past three years.
    9. According to Vick's player page at NFL.com, Michael Vick is entering his 5th year in the NFL.
    10. Michael Vick doesn't win football games by himself. He has some extremely talented teammates that deserve credit for the Falcons winning ball games.

I think I've spoken the INDISPUTABLE TRUTH quite well and with unduplicated flair. I have yet to see an arguement that defends Vick's inconsistant passing that isn't a regurgitation of the lies spread by the whores of media. They've told people that Vick is a superstar to the point where people now believe it. Actually, I think Vick might have a chance at becoming a superstar if the Falcons would convert him to halfback. It's a shame the Falcons throw away the forward pass by keeping Vick at QB.

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Again whores of the media. you are not a football guardian. you need to get help man with comments like that. I am dead serious on that.

Vick has only started 2 seasons. Get that through you brain.
    Vick does not take many pass attempts. 321 for the whole seasons.
    Donovan McNabb's QB rating his first 2 years as a starting QB was a 74.0. Look he turned out all right so why can't Vick.

Have you ever watched Fox,CBS,ESPN pregames on Sunday mornings. They had an interview with some of Vicks teammates and they said Vick makes this team roll.

Do you think the team would be as good with Matt Schaub at QB or how about an A.J. Feely. No they wouldn't because Warrick Dunn is not an elite NFL runningback. Is he top 15. TJ Duckett is not either. They have no clear cut elite wideout. They have a lot of decent players around Mike Vick who makes his entire team better.

4. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

That one play against carolina with the game on the line, pissed me off so much but watching it on the replay i was amazed. But the one play that amazed me the most is when Julius Peppers caught the forced fumble in the air with one hand and then started running to the endzone.

Vick isnt a good passer yet, but the QB is suppose to run the offense and win games and thats what he does. As long as he wins he will be a good QB.

5. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Again whores of the media. you are not a football guardian. you need to get help man with comments like that. I am dead serious on that.

Vick has only started 2 seasons. Get that through you brain.
    Vick does not take many pass attempts. 321 for the whole seasons.
    Donovan McNabb's QB rating his first 2 years as a starting QB was a 74.0. Look he turned out all right so why can't Vick.

Have you ever watched Fox,CBS,ESPN pregames on Sunday mornings. They had an interview with some of Vicks teammates and they said Vick makes this team roll.

Do you think the team would be as good with Matt Schaub at QB or how about an A.J. Feely. No they wouldn't because Warrick Dunn is not an elite NFL runningback. Is he top 15. TJ Duckett is not either. They have no clear cut elite wideout. They have a lot of decent players around Mike Vick who makes his entire team better.</div>

Vick being a starter for 2 seasons won't get through to my brain because it isn't true. The TRUTH is that Michael Vick has been the Falcons number one QB for THREE SEASONS. Those seasons were 2002, 2003 and 2004. Just because his foolish ball hogging cost him most of 2003 due to injury doesn't change the fact that he was the number one QB. Vick-o-lytes want to spin that number to two because they think it helps their argument that Vick hasn't been playing that long. The TRUTH is that Vick has played four years in the NFL. If you don't believe me, then check out his player page at NFL.com.

By McNabb's fourth season in the NFL, his rating was only 86.0, but that is higher than anything Vick has done. He also had broken the 3,000 yard barrier twice. He had thrown for 17+ touchdowns three times. Vick's best year has been 16 tds. Also, McNabb didn't have a Peerless Price or Alge Crumpler to throw the football. He was stuck with Thrash and Pinkston. Last year, McNabb was given a talented WR and McNabb proved the problem with the passing game wasn't on his end. McNabb had a QB rating that Vick can only dream about.

Of course, Vick's teammates are going to have his back. What are they going to say publically? Most players, not named Terrell Owens, know that it's not in the teams' best interest to tear each other down in the media.

Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett do make one heck of a running tandem. Peerless Price may not be a clear cut elite WR, but he was up and coming until he got saddled with Vick. I think the Falcons might do better if they started Schaub at QB and moved Vick to halfback.

6. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Vick isnt a good passer, but he does the one thing that matters and that is win

7. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>You don't want to quit do you.
    1. numbers are overrated. You must be retarded if you think they are a big part of football
    2. Vick is a huge part of why the win games.
    3. Vick wins games and is a huge part of it. not the only. where have I or anyone said he is the only.
    4. He is 25 and has potential to get better.
    5. All you state for you facts are Whores of the Media,Football guardian, Vick only threw for 2000 yards.
    6. you continue to say the samething over.</div>

I've been too busy working and sleeping off allergy meds to respond to this quickly.
    1. Numbers are overrated? In my opinion, that may be the most singularly rediculous statement that I have ever on this board. EVER! We use numbers in every aspect of discussing football. We break down stats on every single position. We discuss height, weight, 40 second yard dash times. The field is measured in numbers. The time is kept with numbers. We rate players and teams using numbers and then put them in numerical order. We keep score with numbers and teams win-loss records are kept with numbers. I will concede that SOMETIMES numbers can be a bit misleading and you need to have balance in your ability to view the game, but football and numbers are inseperable.
    Regarding the retarded remark, if your going to risk VF's wrath for breaking the name calling rule, you might want to make it an insult worth breaking the rule for and bring some creativity or originality. Besides, if you really shouldn't be getting so worked up over a message board, my football brother.
    2. I'm honestly looking for someone who can objectively explain how Vick helps the Falcons win so many games. How IS he a proven winner? I'd like an answer other than, "He wins ballgames."
    3. A lot of the pro-Vick arguments point to how many more games the Falcons won last year with Vick than the year before when Vick was injured. Of course, most of those arguments conviently overlook the Falcons move from a 3-4 defense to a 4-3 defense which suits their defensive personnel better and the INDISPUTABLE success of that change.
    4. Vick is 25 and is going into his fifth year as an NFL player. He needs to show vast improvement very soon or the Falcons need to make a change.
    5. I have made clear and consise arguments regarding my criticisim of Michael Vick and have backed it with statistics. To say that I have only repeated a couple of phrases over and over simply is not true.
    6. I have repeated a couple of points more than once in order for the TRUTH to sink in for some who do not have eyes to see or ears to hear, but if you objective read my posts, you will see that there is a pleathora of relevant material for your perusal. I cannot be held accountable for the attention deficit disorder that the whores of media have induced on the video game generation in order to get that generation to buy the Vick hype. The godfathers of football industry want the younger generation to embrace flash in the pans like Kordell Stewart and Michael Vick so they can move replica jerseys and other football nick-nacks. If they embrace heros like Marino or Favre, then you only need to replace your jerseys when they become threadbare. If no one takes a stand for substance then the young calves of the NFL's future will continue to suckle at the poisonous teats of the whores of media and their passion will die of malnutrition. Keep the faith, my brothers.

8. crazybacon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>You don't want to quit do you.
    1. numbers are overrated. You must be retarded if you think they are a big part of football
    2. Vick is a huge part of why the win games.
    3. Vick wins games and is a huge part of it. not the only. where have I or anyone said he is the only.
    4. He is 25 and has potential to get better.
    5. All you state for you facts are Whores of the Media,Football guardian, Vick only threw for 2000 yards.
    6. you continue to say the samething over.</div>

I've been too busy working and sleeping off allergy meds to respond to this quickly.
    1. Numbers are overrated? In my opinion, that may be the most singularly rediculous statement that I have ever on this board. EVER! We use numbers in every aspect of discussing football. We break down stats on every single position. We discuss height, weight, 40 second yard dash times. The field is measured in numbers. The time is kept with numbers. We rate players and teams using numbers and then put them in numerical order. We keep score with numbers and teams win-loss records are kept with numbers. I will concede that SOMETIMES numbers can be a bit misleading and you need to have balance in your ability to view the game, but football and numbers are inseperable.
    Regarding the retarded remark, if your going to risk VF's wrath for breaking the name calling rule, you might want to make it an insult worth breaking the rule for and bring some creativity or originality. Besides, if you really shouldn't be getting so worked up over a message board, my football brother.
    2. I'm honestly looking for someone who can objectively explain how Vick helps the Falcons win so many games. How IS he a proven winner? I'd like an answer other than, "He wins ballgames."
    3. A lot of the pro-Vick arguments point to how many more games the Falcons won last year with Vick than the year before when Vick was injured. Of course, most of those arguments conviently overlook the Falcons move from a 3-4 defense to a 4-3 defense which suits their defensive personnel better and the INDISPUTABLE success of that change.
    4. Vick is 25 and is going into his fifth year as an NFL player. He needs to show vast improvement very soon or the Falcons need to make a change.
    5. I have made clear and consise arguments regarding my criticisim of Michael Vick and have backed it with statistics. To say that I have only repeated a couple of phrases over and over simply is not true.
    6. I have repeated a couple of points more than once in order for the TRUTH to sink in for some who do not have eyes to see or ears to hear, but if you objective read my posts, you will see that there is a pleathora of relevant material for your perusal. I cannot be held accountable for the attention deficit disorder that the whores of media have induced on the video game generation in order to get that generation to buy the Vick hype. The godfathers of football industry want the younger generation to embrace flash in the pans like Kordell Stewart and Michael Vick so they can move replica jerseys and other football nick-nacks. If they embrace heros like Marino or Favre, then you only need to replace your jerseys when they become threadbare. If no one takes a stand for substance then the young calves of the NFL's future will continue to suckle at the poisonous teats of the whores of media and their passion will die of malnutrition. Keep the faith, my brothers.</div>

after reading this, the spirit of which i agree with, i cannot decide if DolfanDale is a conservative talk show host or a black civil rights leader...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>If no one takes a stand for substance then the young calves of the NFL's future will continue to suckle at the poisonous teats of the whores of media and their passion will die of malnutrition.</div>

just wow [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crazybacon)</div><div class='quotemain'>after reading this, the spirit of which i agree with, i cannot decide if DolfanDale is a conservative talk show host or a black civil rights leader...</div>

I think he's a mix of both, with a little southern baptist preacher in him as well. [​IMG]

10. crazybacon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I think he's a mix of both, with a little southern baptist preacher in him as well. [​IMG]</div>

yeah, he did seem a little longer winded than a radio show host or civil rights leader...definitely has to be a good bit baptist preacher....can i get an amen??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I will say it again. He is either a Priest. nothing against him but "whores of the media" and he calls himself a "football guardian".

If you want to throw stats out there McNabb's career QB rating after 4 seasons is a 77.05 and Vicks is a 76.9. Really close.

Stats are overrated. Maybe you look at them but I look at Vicks record as a starting QB. His record as a starter is great. Winning is all that matters. Winning is the only thing that matters. Stats are just an incentive that comes a long with it. I rather win a games than have great stats. thats just me. I don't know about the players but I am sure they agree that winning feels great.

12. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Stats are overrated. Maybe you look at them but I look at Vicks record as a starting QB. His record as a starter is great. Winning is all that matters. Winning is the only thing that matters. Stats are just an incentive that comes a long with it. I rather win a games than have great stats. thats just me. I don't know about the players but I am sure they agree that winning feels great.</div>

So your saying that winning is all that matters and is the only thing that matters? Who is repeating themselves? If stats are overrated, then what are you doing looking at Vick's record as a starting QB? Isn't that a statistic? Still the only support being given for Vick being a "good" QB is that he wins ball games. The TRUTH is that Michael Vick, like Jay Fiedler before him, has an over inflated win/loss record because he's playing on a very talented team. A team that changed it's defense scheme to match it's player's abilities and improved last year but can't get any acknowledgement from Vick fans. Stop listening to the whores of media as they sing their siren song, my football brethren! March to the beat of a different drummer! Boom-chick-ah-boom, baby! Boom-chick-ah-boom!

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Yes I am saying winning is all that matters and is the only thing that matters.

Did Jay Fieldler ever get by the 1st rnd of the playoffs?

Vick is young and has potential to be great. I don't think he is a top 5 QB in the NFL but he has potential to be sucessful. If Atlanta starts to loose and Vick doesn't improve then I will say they need to make a change but he has been in the playoffs twice.

Bottom line man I am sick of debating over Mike Vick this long. I am not even a Falcons fan or a Huge fan of Vick. I just think he has potential to be great one day. I have said this many times this season will tell us all a lot about Mike Vick as a QB.

peace!!!!

14. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you want to throw stats out there McNabb's career QB rating after 4 seasons is a 77.05 and Vicks is a 76.9. Really close.</div>

Last year around this time most of us were talking about how McNabb was greatly overrated (many of us still believe he is overrated). Why did we think so? Well, the QB rating was one of those reasons...

15. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you want to throw stats out there McNabb's career QB rating after 4 seasons is a 77.05 and Vicks is a 76.9. Really close.</div>

Last year around this time most of us were talking about how McNabb was greatly overrated (many of us still believe he is overrated). Why did we think so? Well, the QB rating was one of those reasons...</div>

I was just going to say that. The Eagles fans here a year ago will attest to how futile the McNabb comparison is in this forum. [​IMG]

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cowboy71)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you want to throw stats out there McNabb's career QB rating after 4 seasons is a 77.05 and Vicks is a 76.9. Really close.</div>

Last year around this time most of us were talking about how McNabb was greatly overrated (many of us still believe he is overrated). Why did we think so? Well, the QB rating was one of those reasons...</div>

I was just going to say that. The Eagles fans here a year ago will attest to how futile the McNabb comparison is in this forum. [​IMG]</div>

Yea McNabb kind of you could say broke out last year. Before I considered him an average QB that could manage games well. Now I consider him the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the NFC.

17. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>March to the beat of a different drummer! Boom-chick-ah-boom, baby! Boom-chick-ah-boom!</div>

Your on fire...lolololololol

18. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did Jay Fieldler ever get by the 1st rnd of the playoffs?
    </div>

He never got to play the 9-7 rams!!

19. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did Jay Fieldler ever get by the 1st rnd of the playoffs?
    </div>

He never got to play the 9-7 rams!!</div>

He also never got to play the 12-4 packers. [​IMG]

20. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did Jay Fieldler ever get by the 1st rnd of the playoffs?
    </div>

He never got to play the 9-7 rams!!</div>

He also never got to play the 12-4 packers. [​IMG]</div>

No, but he had to face the Patriots twice a year.