The INDISPUTABLE Truth about Michael Vick

Discussion in 'NFC South' started by DolfanDale, Jul 2, 2005.

1. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

That is not what I meant and you know it. Again you are trying to make me out as a racist indivual when you don't know me. Screw you.

Dual Threat means He is a threat running the ball which McNabb and Culpepper are. You must be an idiot not to think so. I am done with you. Good luck this season on being a Football God.

2. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>That is not what I meant and you know it. Again you are trying to make me out as a racist indivual when you don't know me. Screw you..</div>

Maybe before you go to this point (screw you), you could simply explain what you meant when you segregated out the white QBs (and their passers, which is too much like their people), presumably against the black QBs. Clearing up any misconceptions might get you all further than escalating this point any further.

I have tried to skim through the pages and pages of this debate, and I think you are all making up stuff so you can argue. Many people consider Vick one of the greatest QBs playing the game. Some say he is better than Brady. Some people take offense to this. Most people will agree that he can help his team win a lot of games, but is an average passer at the best....most likely below-average. JustBry evidently does not belong in this category, but he has hope that Vick will improve. No problem there.

Vick can certainly help the Falcons win some games, but if you can contain his running style, it is generally a problem for the Falcons. Sometimes they still win, which goes to prove that they have a competent team around him too.

Before tempers flared anyway, I don't think it was mentioned that Vick couldn't develop into a good passing QB. It was maybe a little implied, but that is still argumentative. It is pretty clear that he is not a good passer, and that is what he needs to work on. Beyond that, you guys are all putting words into each others mouths. Maybe that's the fun for you. If so, fine. If not, read each others posts a little closer.

3. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>When did I play the race card with you??????????????????
    Stop putting words in my mouth......</div>

You played the race card when you said,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Seems like some people are worried that there passers(meaning white QB's) are going to be replaced with the new athlete of QB(running type QB's).</div>

Those are words you put in your own mouth.</div>

We need to step away from bringing race into discussion. Yes his comment was racist. Yes you are right BA, but it is hard to tell exactly what he meant by one sentence.

4. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

What did I say? I lost interest in this thread pages ago.

5. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cowboy71)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>That is not what I meant and you know it. Again you are trying to make me out as a racist indivual when you don't know me. Screw you..</div>

Maybe before you go to this point (screw you), you could simply explain what you meant when you segregated out the white QBs (and their passers, which is too much like their people), presumably against the black QBs. Clearing up any misconceptions might get you all further than escalating this point any further.

I have tried to skim through the pages and pages of this debate, and I think you are all making up stuff so you can argue. Many people consider Vick one of the greatest QBs playing the game. Some say he is better than Brady. Some people take offense to this. Most people will agree that he can help his team win a lot of games, but is an average passer at the best....most likely below-average. JustBry evidently does not belong in this category, but he has hope that Vick will improve. No problem there.

Vick can certainly help the Falcons win some games, but if you can contain his running style, it is generally a problem for the Falcons. Sometimes they still win, which goes to prove that they have a competent team around him too.

Before tempers flared anyway, I don't think it was mentioned that Vick couldn't develop into a good passing QB. It was maybe a little implied, but that is still argumentative. It is pretty clear that he is not a good passer, and that is what he needs to work on. Beyond that, you guys are all putting words into each others mouths. Maybe that's the fun for you. If so, fine. If not, read each others posts a little closer.</div>

I have mentioned many times that Vick might be able to develop into a better passer. Getting some people to admit it is the problem.

What I meant is the new type of QB are scrambling QB's that are coming into the NFL and being recruited into college. A lot of the older pocket type QB's are mostly yes white and aren't being recruited as much as they used to in college. I don't know if this is good for the game or bad but by no means did I mean it as a racist comment. That isn't even a racist comment. A racist comment is calling a white guy the "c" word and a black guy the "n" word. Anyway lets forget it.

6. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JustBry07)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't think its a shame that more teams are looking for the QB with the scrambling ability. It leaves you with more options, and by the looks of things scrambling is turning into the future of the QB position.</div>

Ya...thats why brady has won 3 of 4.....I can't understand how you can even believe that statement...

Oh and as for McNabbs choking...please Who's to say he was going to do anything with that final drive...even when they called a play they couldn't get it going...so the no huddle was going to do what? We were the better team pure and simple...</div>

Easy Pats. I realize that the better team won the game and everything but its not like the Eagles weren't in the game and didn't have a shot. The better team doesn't always win, and McNabb could have done something with that final drive you never know.

As far as my opinion on the future of the QB having the scramble and pass threat it was just that an opinion. I could be wrong, but only time will tell. Believe me Brady has done a great job and I'm not trying to take anything away from him and the Patriots.

7. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>What did I say? I lost interest in this thread pages ago.</div>

oops, all you dolphin fans look the same to me [​IMG]

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>What did I say? I lost interest in this thread pages ago.</div>

oops, all you dolphin fans look the same to me [​IMG]</div>

He is right though, this thread is starting to get old and boring. Same stuff over and over again.

[​IMG] BF1 is right the two fins fans look a like with the avatars. :cheesey:

9. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

First, I never said or implied that Porky was a racist. Anyone with a clear understanding of the English language should have understood what I said unless they didn't actually read my post. What I said was the Porky played the race card by bringing up passing "white" qbs, but perhaps some readers don't understand what "playing the race card" means. Playing the race card, in this instance, means that because my argument has carried considerably more substance than the pro-Vick argument, Porky made the comment to undermine my posts by suggesting a racist agenda. While I was not mentioned by name, I clearly have been the most vocal in this thread, felt the remark was directed at me and took exception to the remark. I take equal exception to the spin doctoring that is going on now that has Porky suggesting that I've called him a racist and now he's the victim. The fact is that Porky was the person that brought up race. I will concede that perhaps his remark was born of frustration and not racist in nature, he should take responsibility for bringing up the issue of race in this thread. However, let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.

Second, I would like to introduce some of our readers to the phrase "tongue in cheek." It is beyond my comprehension how anyone could read my opening post or any of the rest of my posts and take my words so seriously and harbor such resentment. While I believe what I said about Vick, I certainly don't think the issue of his playing QB carries the apocolyptic implications I was suggesting. Terrorism, disease, war, hunger and poverty are things to get upset about in this world. Football is the beautiful escape that we have from our daily troubles. Why come to this message board if hearing dissenting opinions causes so much grief? Does everyone expect everyone else to have the same opinion and this is one big back patting section? Am I wrong to think that most of enjoy some healthy football sparing? Porky, you must know that the more you protested the phrase "whores of football" the more determined I became to fit it into each and every post. Why get personal about this stuff? While NFL Football is the greatest game in the history of mankind, ultimately it is just a game.

Finally, Porky, I don't hate you and I don't think your racist. I'm going to believe your an okay guy who just doesn't get my sense of humor. Besides, you can't hurt me. I have my force field up.

10. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>Besides, you can't hurt me. I have my force field up.</div>

DD your tapped...hahaha

11. dolfan_365

dolfan_365 nfl-*****s member

Michael Vick does have to prove alot of being a top qb in the NFL, I agree with you DD, without his feet he is just another mediocre qb, until he can win a game when having to throw the ball, he is just a running back that is in the qb position. I think if his brother stays out of trouble at VTech and can get into the NFL as well will become a better qb than Mike is.

12. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I bet some of you thought that I had forgotten about this thread. I haven't. I would like for some Vickolytes to step up and tell me what Michael Vick is doing these days. I've been watching all the playoff games and I haven't seen the most dangerous weapon in the NFL tearing up defenses. Where's Michael Vick? I can't tell you where Mr. Wins Ballgames is, but I can tell you where he isn't. Michael Vick isn't playing in the playoffs because his team didn't win enough ball games. I thought winning ball games was the main reason for the Falcons to keep Michael Vick in the starting lineup even though he can't throw worth a crap. Dear Vickolytes, I told you so. The INDISPUTABLE Truth is that Michael Vick should drop Ron Mexico and start using Kordell Stewart Jr and DolfanDale is clearly more in tune with the INDISPUTABLE Truth than those who would knock boots with the whores of media. If you can't see that, then you can't see me.

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Though I still believe Mike Vick can become a decent QB one day.. I'm no where near as confident as I was last off-season. I thought he was going too have like a "break" out year.. you know but he didn't.. Now he could still have a "break" out year passing that is but I wouldn't bet on it.. I still disagree with the people who say he's not the QB for the Falcons. They built there offense around him. Whether that?s a stupid move or not you can't take him out and expect them to be better off.. Maybe if they get a new coach and establish a new offense, then they can go in a different direction... Maybe that'll be what they do after next year..

Marcus Vick is pure Joke.. He's not going to become a better QB than his brother even. Marcus Vick is an average college QB at best and is only in the media and spotlight as much as he is, because of his last name. If this was some other average college QB with that last name than he wouldn't be in the spotlight.

14. Bearsfan1

I am betting Marcus Vick will have a breakout year. Unfortunately, he will be breaking out of prison. LMAO

15. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Though I still believe Mike Vick can become a decent QB one day.. I'm no where near as confident as I was last off-season. I thought he was going too have like a "break" out year.. you know but he didn't.. Now he could still have a "break" out year passing that is but I wouldn't bet on it.. I still disagree with the people who say he's not the QB for the Falcons. They built there offense around him. Whether that?s a stupid move or not you can't take him out and expect them to be better off.. Maybe if they get a new coach and establish a new offense, then they can go in a different direction... Maybe that'll be what they do after next year..

Marcus Vick is pure Joke.. He's not going to become a better QB than his brother even. Marcus Vick is an average college QB at best and is only in the media and spotlight as much as he is, because of his last name. If this was some other average college QB with that last name than he wouldn't be in the spotlight.</div>
    This isn't quite the same as admitting, "DolfanDale was right and I was wrong," but I'll take it as a concession speech. Anyone else want to confess that they were wrong about Michael Vick and repent of worshipping his golden calves?

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Do Dale did you like the speech? lol I'd tried to make it like Thompson's when he fired Sherman... Anyways yeah I was totally wrong on Vick. I thought after one year in the same system he would at least put up decent numbers and lead the Falcons to the playoffs..

17. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can't tell you where Mr. Wins Ballgames is,</div>
    I can. He is bailing junior out of jail.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you can't see that, then you can't see me.</div>
    I guess its all about the game & how you play it. Huh, Dale?

18. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you can't see that, then you can't see me.</div>
    I guess its all about the game & how you play it. Huh, Dale?</div>
    I got more game that Parker Brothers, brotha. Bah-lee that!

19. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you can't see that, then you can't see me.</div>
    I guess its all about the game & how you play it. Huh, Dale?</div>
    I got more game that Parker Brothers, brotha. Bah-lee that!</div>
    So? That's how you roll, eh Sybil? Still, in order to be the man...

20. Thoth

I am going relight the fuse on this fire and say "Vince Young is already a better & more complete QB than #7"</p>

Why? Because I can & looking back through this thread I regret not being the voice of insanity. </p>