The Indisputable Truth about Steve Foley

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by DolfanDale, Jul 4, 2008.

1. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

There is a lot to debate in the Steve Foley drunk driving case. Should a person pull over because someone claiming to be a cop tell you to? No, I don't think so. However, I don't think I'm going to stop my car, get out and have a confrontation. In the cell phone age, I think I'm calling 911 and telling the operator that someone, in plain clothes and car, is telling me to pull over and to send help. Don't have a cell phone? Then, find a really crowded parking lot with plenty of witnesses. However, the last thing you should do, is stop and approach someone who is telling you that he is a cop and to stop approaching. Of course, Steve Foley didn't do this because HE WAS DRUNK. That is why the off-duty rookie cop was following him. Personally, I think that the officer, Aaron Masker, should have called in and gotten an on duty, uniformed police officer in a marked car to make the stop. Perhaps that would have prevented Foley from acting in a manner which ended in his being shot. Perhaps not, but that would have removed any excuse Foley would have for not listening to instructions. Sadly, it's going to cost the citizens of Coranado a lot of money in order to remove Steve Foley as a menace to their streets. Has Steve Foley learned anything? Probably not. Rather than show any remorse for his drunken criminal behavior, which he admitted to on 3-3-07, he glares at Masker like he wants to do something. Here's a suggestion, Foley. Join A.A. and stop driving drunk. The Indisputable Truth is that, regardless of the money that the settlement cost, Coranado is better off with Steve Foley back in Houston and off their streets. Twelve surgeries are tough, but accepting the death of a loved one because some jerk decides to drink and drive is much tougher. (17,000 people died in alcohol related collisions in 2006 according to one of the comments following the article) Steve Foley should thank Aaron Masker for helping him keep from committing a much more serious crime and going to jail.

Here's the story.