Politics The Inspector General’s Report

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by jonnyboy, Dec 16, 2019.

1. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

MARIS61 likes this.
  2. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Did you actually read it?

yankeesince59 likes this.
  3. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic

FAKE NEWS
    :smiley-cool:

yankeesince59 likes this.
  4. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
  5. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I miss inspector gadget.

6. julius

singer songwriter
    I always thought the Gadget-mobile was just a VW Sirocco.

7. jonnyboy

I did not read all 568 pages, no. Did you?
    The article I posted is a great non-partisan examination done by Glenn Greenwald. It outlines in detail how the CIA and FBI lied and colluded to obtain their FISA warrants. This is all after the media labeled Carter Page as a Russian operative and reported it as a fact, with no evidence. It turned out to not be true, according to the IG. It also outlines how most of the information in the Steele dossier was not reliable, also according to the IG.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    MARIS61 likes this.
  8. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Ha !...I actually owned one of those back in the 80's...Wolfsburg Edition, and actually for me, it was a blast to drive.

9. jonnyboy

Shoulda kept it. Those things have a cult following now. Would be worth some $$$, especially a Wolfsburg.

10. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Glenn Greenwald may be non-partisan, but he certainly has axes that he grinds. I don't think it is wise to take what he writes at face value any more than anyone else.

barfo

GriLtCheeZ likes this.
  11. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

The report was very critical of FISA, this is not new, FISA has been a mess for a very long time.

The report also said there was no anti-Trump bias in the FBI, the investigation did not start with the Steele dossier, that Steele was not hostile to Trump, in fact more the opposite, and that there was no "spying" on the Trump campaign.

12. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Ha, that figures...I had some great cars back in the day...1967 GTO convertible (389 w/3 deuces)...1970 AMX (390)...1969 Triumph TR6 (w/electric overdrive)...all are classics and quite collectable...I don't even want to think of how much that GTO would be worth today, restored...$100+ grand I would think.

jonnyboy likes this.
  13. julius

singer songwriter
    Yeah, but you're missing the important part of the report. TRUMP WAS CLEARED OF ALL WRONG DOINGS (in the case of whether or not he murdered anyone ever).

14. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Greenwald has won several awards for journalism excellence including a Pullitzer for an investigation done by a team that he led. That much alone has piqued my interest.

jonnyboy and MARIS61 like this.
  15. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    This is patently untrue. Read the report.

16. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    barfo only trusts investigative journalists who write with a hook.

17. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Liberal Glenn Greenwald rips mainstream media for spreading 'false propaganda'

By Brian Flood | Fox News

Greenwald: Media spent years drowning US in conspiracy theories

Liberal journalist Glenn Greenwald, a co-founder of The Intercept, eviscerated the mainstream media for elevating former FBI and CIA figures such as CNN’s Josh Campbell and MSNBC’s John Brennan to “noble truth-tellers” of U.S. democracy to spread “false propaganda,” as he put it.

Greenwald’s piece, “The Inspector General’s Report on 2016 FBI Spying Reveals a Scandal of Historic Magnitude: Not Only for the FBI but Also the U.S. Media,” said the FBI’s heavy reliance on the dossier from British ex-spy Christopher Steele to obtain a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act [FISA] warrant against former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page was “particularly concerning,” and the media essentially fed the fire. Greenwald cited revelations from Justice Department Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz, who last week released a report on the FBI's launch of the Russia investigation.

“If it does not bother you to learn that the FBI repeatedly and deliberately deceived the FISA court into granting it permission to spy on a U.S. citizen in the middle of a presidential campaign, then it is virtually certain that you are either someone with no principles, someone who cares only about partisan advantage and nothing about basic civil liberties and the rule of law, or both,” Greenwald wrote.

GLENN GREENWALD RIPS MSNBC FOR 'SCAM' RUSSIA PROBE COVERAGE, CLAIMS HE WAS BANNED FOR NOT BUYING NARRATIVE

“The revelations of the IG Report are not merely a massive FBI scandal. They are also a massive media scandal, because they reveal that so much of what the U.S. media has authoritatively claimed about all of these matters for more than two years is completely false,” Greenwald added.

Greenwald noted that many commentators and journalists have been “sounding the alarm about the highly dangerous trend” or news organizations recklessly relying on the claims of security agents.

“Far worse, now employing them in their newsrooms to shape the news,” Greenwald wrote. “It’s virtually impossible to turn on MSNBC or CNN without being bombarded with former generals, CIA operatives, FBI agents and NSA officials who now work for those networks as commentators and, increasingly, as reporters.”

Greenwald mocked some journalists for having “lavished themselves with Pulitzers and other prizes despite a multitude of embarrassing and dangerous errors about the Grave Russian Threat” while relying mostly on “anonymous, uncorroborated claims from Deep State operatives.”

Greenwald said the “few exceptions” to the anonymity came when pundits such as Campbell and Brennan appeared on TV to “spread their false propaganda,” which had significant consequences.

“U.S. discourse on these national security questions is shaped almost entirely by the very agencies that are trained to lie: the CIA, the NSA [National Security Agency], the Pentagon, the FBI. And their lying has been highly effective,” Greenwald wrote. “The narrative manufactured by the security state agencies and laundered by their reliable media servants about these critical matters was a sham, a fraud, a lie.”

Greenwald wrote that he felt liberals were “eager to believe that the security state agencies opposed to Trump should be trusted despite their decades of violent lawlessness and systemic lying” and therefore “came to believe in the sanctity of the NSA and the FISA process.

He also said “none of these journalists have acknowledged an iota of error in the wake of this report because they know that lying is not just permitted but encouraged as long as it pleases and vindicates the political beliefs” of their cable-news audiences.

“Until that stops, credibility and faith in journalism will never be restored, and – despite how toxic it is to have a media that has no claim on credibility – that despised status will be fully deserved,” Greenwald wrote.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/liber...instream-media-for-spreading-false-propaganda

jonnyboy and bodyman5000 and 1 like this.
  18. barfo

Axe... ground.

barfo

19. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Plus he is gay and lives in Brazil. Rachel Maddow doesn't have a narrative to push does she? Other than Putin was supposed to freeze people to death during the Polar Vortex.

jonnyboy and MARIS61 like this.
  20. barfo

Lots of people have axes to grind. You are certainly grinding a few lately yourself.

Doesn't mean Glenn (or Rachel or you) don't have anything valuable to say, but it is important to be aware that things are being left out and/or whitewashed.

barfo