The Jazz "War Room" - Poster Mock

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by KS1, Apr 24, 2004.

1. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I wonder how much more patient they are going to be with Borchardt...I love his game, he just needs to stay healthy (which is apparently asking a lot)

2. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

I've seen Brochardt play 2 or 3 times, he was really bad. He was coming off an injury though.

3. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

The Jazz "War Room" - Poster Mock

<u>All Jazz Fans:</u>

Justbball.com will be putting together 2 mocks drafts as part of an ON-SITE contest, shortly after the NBA lottery Draft on May 26th.

One mock will be done by the <font color="DarkRed">moderators/admins </font> and the other will be by the <font color="DarkRed">posters of JBB</font>. It's going to be a little contest to see who can get a more accurate mock for draft day. Please remember, <u>It's all for fun.</u> [​IMG]

As you can see, a few posters have been asked to help with pulling together the posters mock draft. <font color="DarkRed"><u>We need your help </u> </font> and input to do this, so now we're coming to you!

<font color="Navy"><u>Here's what we need (i.e.- the RULES):</u></font>

1. Posters interested in having thier draft thoughts considered should submit, up to 5 names of players that you think your team will want to draft on draft day. Remember that these need to be realistic, not pipe dreams. Up to 5 players that you believe your team is scouting and may take in the drafts first round.

2. For those who are really into mocks, you may submit to us via PM <font color="DarkRed">(please)</font> your entire first round mock. <u>It must be complete however</u>. We realize that this is going to be more difficult, given that the lottery places are yet to be filled. However, we'll accept submissions up to midnight, May 28th EST. <font color="DarkRed"><font size="1">(After that, anything recieved will have to wait to be included in any updates we make after releasing the mock)</font></font>

3. If you are going to propose a trade with any of your draft picks (Maximum limit = 1 draft related trade proposal), JUSTIFICATION must be provided. It must be reasonable and work under the CBA. Any trades proposed without this information <u>WILL BE DISCARDED</u> without further thought.

This announcement will be posted and stickied in all team forums as well, so please try to participate if you have ideas. We want the posters mock to be a quality one that can stand side by side with the mods mock.

Thanks and we look forward to your comments.

<font size="1"><font color="DarkRed">Those with full mocks, can submit them up to May 27th VIA PM, to og15, wtwalker77 or hagrid.</font></font>

4. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Borchardt is not in the Jazz's long term plans. He will be left unprotected in the expansion draft, and Utah are probably hoping Charlotte take him. He was full of potential, and the Jazz knew they were taking a big risk and it didn't pay off. They would love for him to say healthy for a whole season, but that is extremely unlikely. They can play without him, and now Kevin O'Connor and the Jazz scouts are kicking themselves for taking Borchardt in a draft day deal over Carlos Boozer. Utah will be after a C in the draft, especially if Ostertag goes. My guess is Rafeal Araujo.

5. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

Well I don't think Borchardt is really that bad, he has a good mid-range game, he can rebound decent, but his bones are just made of glass, and not bullet-proof glass, that glass that is made out of sugar that is really easy to break.

If I was the Jazz I would take Rafeal Araujo with the #14 pick, then the best player avaliable, probably a shooter (J.R. Smith?) with the #16 pick and Kris Humphries with the #21 pick. This gives the Jazz two solid low post guys and a shooter for the Jazz to work with. Araujo is a solid low post center and while Humphries might not be able to come in right now and be a bruiser in the NBA, in a year or two I think he will be great for the Jazz. But if their is one thing, you can't predict the draft.

6. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

PG's

spark22, ur draft picks are exactly the same ones I have...Except, they're also looking at PG's. I read in the newspaper today that they don't know if they want to keep Lopez and likes Telfair and Jameer Nelson. Duhon, Telfair, and Nelson worked out with the Jazz.
    Telfair and Nelson says they can fit in the Jazz and they like the system. I'm getting excited already. :jumping:
    Heres the site.
    http://www.sltrib.com/2004/May/05262004/sports/169750.asp

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Deseret News: "On Tuesday, O'Connor ? the Jazz's senior vice president for basketball operations ? was at the club's practice facility to watch a trio of point guard prospects work out. He seemed impressed with the competitiveness he saw from all three, NCAA 2004 Player of the Year Jameer Nelson of St. Joe's, Duke's Chris Duhon and Brooklyn, N.Y., high school sensation Sebastian Telfair... But one who intends to come out this year is Pavel Podkolzine, the 7-5 Serbian giant who worked out in Utah last year before unexpectedly withdrawing his name from the draft board. The Jazz are expected to take a long, hard look at Podkolzine, who may or may not be available when they pick at No. 14 ? assuming, that is, they don't hit the lottery."</div>

Source

8. Stockton

Stockton JBB

My guess on the Jazz's picks provided no trades are made. #14 Rafael Araujo, #16 Sergei Monya and #21 Kris Humphries. But things will change between now and the draft. Guys like Tiago Splitter, Sebastian Telfair(yes), Jammer Nelson and Pavel Podkolzine could end up in a Jazz uniform.

9. andreifan

andreifan JBB JustBBall Member

Araujo

Okay, let me defend the big guy Araujo. I am from Provo Utah and have seen this guy play. He is really good. He has the best hands of all the big men in the draft hands down. He is 6-11 and 300 pounds. He is extremely mobile. There hasn't been a big man that can move like this since Shaq. He is a great low post passer and has a great shot. He could use some improvement on that though. His defense is in question because he could never play it. Just imagine a guy as big a Shaq playing in the Mountain West Conference. He just hurts people. He is too big to play defense in college. he will be great in the NBA. It may take a year or so to get him in the groove of playing. Whatever team he goes to, he will gooble up the boards and will run the floor great.!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Supersonic:</div><div class="quote_post">Araujo is a horrible defender MJ, he doesn't rotate, he gets in foul trouble and his decision making defensively leaves a lot to be desired. However he can score better than most on the low post, and has a lot of moves. His big worries are his fitness and mobility, but he could be worth a punt in the middle of the first round, around about where the Jazz will pick.</div>

10. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

Here are my bets for tonight.
    #14 Rafael Araujo-we need a big guy, he's a lot better than Brochardt or Collins, I hope.
    #16 Sergei Monya-we have an addiction for shooters from other countries
    #21 Kris Humphries-I don't think he'll be available at this point, but I hope he is.

Other people that might come up, who I agree with. Dorell Wright incase Sergei Monya is gone. Al Jefferson, good PF. Peter John Ramos, huge guy. J.R. Smith, might not pick him cuz he's a dunker, Dorell has more range.

Who I dont agree with. Kevin Martin, how he get that high? Robert Swift, the kid is too skinny and defense is weak. Anderson Varejao, too raw. Josh Smith, we already have Andrei Kirelinko. Sebastian Telfai, we already have two very reliable guards.