Politics The Joe Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by stampedehero, Nov 29, 2020.

1. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
  2. stampedehero

As we know from election polls, polls are not truth worthy.

3. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

So you are saying that Biden is more liked than polls show?

4. stampedehero

I just don't believe the media propaganda. I thought it was rough with Nixon but five years ago & up to today, everything is under a microscope and connected to a social media platform, intended to dupe mindless people or sway the rebels. ~aka Fox News.

5. Road Ratt

I do agree that Fox is a crap news source, but so are CNN and MSNBC. It isn't just Fox that is duping the "mindless masses".

But, that wasn't the topic of the video that I posted, and you quoted. So, now we are just off topic.

If you have something relevant to add, I might entertain it. But if not, I really see no point in continuing down this path.

6. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Do we know how many took the poll? How many are republican and how many are democrat?

stampedehero and Lanny like this.
  7. Road Ratt

Willing to do the work yourself? Maybe you can tell us.

Edit: Willing to watch the video next time? The video literally starts out by saying that it's a Gallop poll. If people would do a little work themselves, they could easily stop wasting other people's time with irrelevant posts.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  8. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

As is "The Hill".

barfo

stampedehero and Phatguysrule like this.
  9. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    Curious, what's your go-to news source?

10. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

11. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

You posted it. Why should I have to do the work?

Didn't see it was a gallop poll. I don't generally trust those things, but I'm not surprised Biden and Harris are polling low.

stampedehero likes this.
  12. Road Ratt

You should at least watch the video before you comment on it. It's only logical. That way you are at least informed on your opinion. But, it's pretty clear that your opinion was already formed beforehand, and is therefore completely meaningless, since you didn't even take the time to watch the video. Do some work yourself, then we can talk.

Two of you have now wasted my time with complete B.S. over your beliefs, while not even watching the video. Don't even bother to reply unless you people can at least inform yourselves first.

Edit: Just don't bother replying at all. If you have nothing more than a belief. You are wasting my time, and yours.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  13. Chris Craig

What?

I did. I asked a simple question. Sorry you are in a bad mood. A belief? What that I don't trust polls?

My opinion was already formed? Well yeah, Biden isn't doing great, with how the economy is going among other things, so I was not surprised he is polling low. I didn't know he was polling lower than Harris but I get it.

Lanny likes this.
  14. Road Ratt

Media Caught Holding Secret Propaganda Meetings With Biden.

15. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Wasn't that Trump the year before Biden?

Phatguysrule likes this.
  16. stampedehero

I respect your views. I mentioned Fox as an example. I have opinions regarding polls and can freely express them here.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  17. stampedehero

+What age group are the poll sample? I don't trust polls and don't believe they are credible means of convincing a citizen. It's social media propaganda that supports their platform. Look what happened last year when the Biden Harris ticket was going to steam roll over Trump Pence.

Chris Craig and Hoopguru like this.
  18. Road Ratt

Chomsky Blasts the "Torture" of Julian Assange & Biden's Provocative Acts Against China.

19. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

20. Chris Craig

I listened for how many people were polled and what the margin of error was, but I don't believe that information was shared.

There are a lot of reasons that margin of error can be larger than thought or specified. Gallop polls use an algorithm to randomly poll a number of people, but not all of the population share the same probability of being part of that poll. People without phones can't be called. People with multiple lines have a greater chance of being polled. Certain populations are more willing to take these polls while others won't entertain it all. There is a lot of room for error.

We have seen using polls as a forecast is terribly unreliable. Could it be used as a picture of the current political climate, sure. But, that could quickly change.

And to clarify, I am not disagreeing with the video or it's take, just the credibility of polls themselves.

Though anyone can see that Biden and Harris aren't exactly popular. Biden was most people's 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th choice to begin with in the primaries. He was a safe alternative to Trump. He brings his own concerns with his age, but he was the let's get Trump out choice. So there wasn't a lot of hestiancy in voting for him when it came to it.

Harris dropped out of the primary early and didn't even get any delegates. She wasn't popular in that race to begin with. I do see the hypocrisy in her calling out Biden for racist stuff, then laughing it off once she got the nod to be VP. As VP she hasn't had a real role like past VPs have. I believe she was given the task of taking care of the Mexican border issues, which I'm not sure how much she did on that. Doesn't seem much. It was more prolific in the news early on, and I remember her getting a lot of shit. She has mostly been in an office with it seems little to do overall as VP. It's not a surprise she would poll low. People don't know what she is doing or what she has done really.

Biden has taken a lot of flack for his refusal to open the oil reserves. Inflation has been terrible. A democratic led Senate has had trouble getting his infrastructure bill among others because of some political outliers, so his agenda has been hit and miss. He just signed a $770 billion defense bill that passed because of course republicans were on board with that. Those social bills just aren't important to them, but over spending on the military is great. Anyway back to the point, citing all the above, it's no surprise Biden is not polling high either.

Again he was a safety net. A means to an end in getting Trump out. I think most people want new younger candidates to run next election.

I could see Trump using this poll if they run against each other again, which I hope does not happen.

stampedehero likes this.