Politics The Joe Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by stampedehero, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Who do you like for 2024?

2. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Grappling hook lol.

3. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

At this rate, Satan would be better than the choices we currently have.

Seriously though. I don't see anyone in the field that I could hang my hat on. As we get closer to 2024, that may change. I doubt that my choice of candidate could ever be a republican or a democrat though.

4. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Never go full Batman

jonnyboy, riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  5. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

That's not the goal for moderate democrats though. The goal is to do as much for corporations as possible and still get elected.

Road Ratt likes this.
  6. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Good

riverman likes this.
  8. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    Joe is honest and pissed off. Great Historical Speech!

9. stampedehero

I do not trust polls. That question should have been included but I don't know who posted these questions .

riverman likes this.
  10. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

I wish it had been in prime time.

stampedehero likes this.
  11. stampedehero

At least Youtube has it. I'm glad you appreciate him.

12. Road Ratt

If someone can point to any of the multiple crises America is currently going through, that Biden has actually fixed. I might be able to see your side of the story. Problem is, Biden isn't fixing any of them. The homeless are still piling up. American workers can't get a living wage... from either party. Etc, etc, etc. . The problems are numerous, and Biden isn't fixing them.

Beyond that, you follow the same lying, uncaring, unfeeling people that the republicans follow.

Tweak and Phatguysrule like this.
  13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

It's been one year and the first thing biden did was deal with vaccines and boosters as well as rebuilding trust with our allies overseas....dealing with China and Russian aggression and consulting with allies in the Pacific Rim and trying to pass an infrastructure bill that is getting resistance over child tax credits, etc.......it takes 7 years in office to actually implement most policy change or introduce new legislation.....and Joe came into office facing a large contingency of MAGA idiots denying the legitimacy of his presidency.....I'd say he's done quite a juggling act for the first year given the mountain of problems he inherited. 40 million americans lost jobs under Trump and that affected homelessness as well as things like the tens of thousands of people who lost homes from wildfires and floods, etc........one year he's been in office....I'm going to let him get on with the job and not envy him the task at hand. The problems facing the country are immense.

Lanny, stampedehero and Chris Craig like this.
  14. Road Ratt

And both parties brought us to this point. America's supply chain stretches all the way to China. The place they sent American jobs. You know, American jobs hat helped make America "great". Biden isn't bringing those jobs back, he helped to send them there. So, Biden literally helped to create more of a homeless problem at this current point in time, than Trump did in his four years in office.

Tweak and HailBlazers like this.
  15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Nationalism hasn't fueled business over most of my lifetime....China and the US have always been the biggest trade partners on the planet...it's why they are world powers....if not China it would be Brazil or Africa or any number of places....many companies have factories in Mexico....Canada....Harley Davidson is in Europe now but that's not president forcing jobs overseas..that's profit and international businessmen sending jobs overseas...this isn't a partisan issue...it's global economics.....when american young people start working the lettuce fields and factory lines get back to me....my wife worked in a factory in Eugene Oregon making disaster relief equipment and the company couldn't find Americans to hire.....seriously..the place hired hundreds of green card holders although at that time my wife was a citizen....there's nothing wrong with poor people around the world having jobs the same as here at home....starting a trade war with China was Trump's dumbest move...they went from trade partner to military expansion and forming a Russian, N Korean, Iranian alliance......that's all that accomplished. Right now we're communicating with equipment that was probably mostly made overseas....I don't have a problem with that at all. Never have. I like imported goods too.
    What should bother us are the tax shelters overseas wealthy people use to avoid taxes.

16. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Politicians didn't send American jobs overseas. American consumers did that. We like cheap shit. We don't want to pay extra for American made goods, and we don't want to work for Chinese wages.

barfo

RR7, SlyPokerDog, Lanny and 4 others like this.
  17. Road Ratt

You seem to be telling me that you literally don't care that they fucked American workers. But, of course, that doesn't make sense. So, I am sorry, but I can't see your point.

Edit: See what our government allows corporations to get away with, and you will see their corruption. At Amazon you may end up peeing in a bottle to avoid being docked pay, for doing a normal bodily function. I wonder when the last time anyone here had to pee in a bottle during their job. And I don't see Biden going after Bezos over his inhumane business practices.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  18. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Since you are from Eugene area do you know the Rears family?
    Was it Jaws of Life your wife worked for?

19. Road Ratt

Record Number of Workers Quit!

20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

That is not what I said at all but you've formed an opinion about presidential corruption that in the case of Joe I don't agree with.....if business places make you pee in a bottle...don't work there is my advice if its an issue....I just don't think the american worker is a victim of poverty over political policy.... there are help wanted signs all over my town....jobs are everywhere. Price gouging has fucked American workers....like I said....kids here don't graduate high school and make a career picking lettuce which we badly need workers to do...it's the same all over the globe
    My son runs power lines all over California and everyone there has to pee in a bottle to work for the union...to him it's no big deal...he's got nothing to hide

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    stampedehero likes this.