Politics The Joe Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by stampedehero, Nov 29, 2020.

1. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

Was about to post the same.

Phatguysrule and riverman like this.
  2. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Trump sure as hell ain't my guy but... he's been cancelled so I'm not sure where you're hearing him

:cheers:

3. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

I’m a dyed in the wool masochist. I watched his speech at CPAC.......and try as anyone might, the only guy who can cancel Donald Trump is Donald Trump. Hell, now he’s siphoning off donations for his own personal PAC that would normally go to Republican national committees. I’m not sure how or why he’s being “cancelled”........

stampedehero and riverman like this.
  4. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

You should read and think before you type and speak. Or, I suppose, continue to live complaining about things that aren't true, and failing to understand how things work. Make another 80K per year, and THEN you won't qualify. Until then, you're all good.

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  5. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

Why did ya'll have to correct him? I wanted to see the spin when the money was deposited into his account.

Phatguysrule and RR7 like this.
  6. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

"I wasn't supposed to get the stimulus, and yet they deposited it in my account! Stupid dems can't even send out checks to the right people, how can we trust them to run medicare for all??!!"

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  7. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

I did read it wrong. Glad you were able to get some aggression out over it though. I’ll try not to let it happen again. Don’t have a fucking aneurysm in the meantime.

8. jonnyboy

Get it all out man. You’ll be a better person when it’s all done.

9. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

lol, ok.

10. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

11. jonnyboy

I’ll be sure to let you know when it’s deposited to further satisfy your ego. I’ll let you know if and when I get the last stimulus we were supposed to get also, lol.

12. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

You would get it when you file your taxes.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  13. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Cost of living right here in affluent Lake Oswego is nothing compared with vast areas of California. I had a friend working at Intel in California who was able to sell his modest home in Cupertino and use the proceeds to by a beautiful $2 Million dollar home in Rock Creek. Now he lives a very very nice retirement on his company pension plan.
    No, the Portland area of Oregon may be more expensive than Wyoming but it's nothing when compared to most of California where both your income and your purchases are substantially taxed.

14. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Are you admitting that your dong is like a wet noodle? I wouldn't admit that if I were you, which is why I haven't admitted it.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  15. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    [​IMG]
    Robert Reich

✔@RBReich

Trump made everything about himself. Biden makes nothing about himself. If Trump had win a huge legislative victory today, he’d be bragging non-stop about his role in it. Biden is talking only about who will be helped by it.

riverman, Phatguysrule and Lanny like this.
  16. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

People receiving stimulus during a pandemic isn't a bad thing. We should err on the side of giving stimulus to some who don't need it rather than giving it to too few people.

No harm done.

riverman and Lanny like this.
  17. Phatguysrule

A $600 and a $1400 check are not the same as a $2000 check. He promised a $2000 check if Georgia won.

How does Biden get credit for $600 under Trump? How does Biden get credit for supporting less stimulus than Trump?

This BS, along with the gun control push, is going to cause fewer people to support Democrats, which will allow Republicans to win in 2024.

And after Trump I'm scared of what that means.

EL PRESIDENTE likes this.
  18. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

I don’t see Republicans winning in 2024. They’ll all be dead from COVID. Idiots opening up their states from restrictions. People can’t fucking help themselves.

riverman and SlyPokerCat like this.
  19. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    He doesn't get "credit" for a $600 check. The Democrats were pushing for $2000 checks from the start (when the stimulus bill in 2020 was being negotiated) but all the Republicans would do was $600. Democrats promised to make sure people got $2000 if elected, which means the extra $1400 that Republicans weren't willing to do.

This is all fairly obvious math. Are you alleging that $1400 was a random amount from the Democrats and it's just a convenient lie that it happens to add up to $2000 when you combine it with the $600 checks that have already gone out?

I don't think so. If so much of the country were progressive, A. Sanders or someone like him would win Democratic primaries and B. much more liberal/progressive people win win Senate/Representative seats, making what we consider progressive policy possible. This isn't a progressive country, even in the Democratic party (and I mean among the voters, not just the politicians). If the pandemic fades away (and Biden is viewed as having rolled out the vaccines well) and the economy comes roaring back, Democrats will almost certainly be significant favorites for 2024--quibbling over "making up the difference in $2000 checks" versus "giving new $2000 checks" isn't going to be what determines things.

The Democrats aren't nearly as liberal as I am, but I also care about the practicalities of politics in this nation. I understand the constraints of what policy you can push for and successfully win when most of the country is not progressive. Manchin and Sinema are less liberal than Joe Biden is--a President Sanders might keep pushing for a $15 minimum wage, a single-payer health care system and universal university education (all things I'd like also) and they'd all have zero chance in the Senate. Knowing this, I'm okay with things getting better slower than I'd like, because faster isn't a possibility in this nation. Not due to lack of guts or bravery on the part of Democrats, but due to the politics of the nation.

stampedehero and riverman like this.
  20. Phatguysrule

Fortunately covid-19 only kills a few percent of infected people. More of those are old Republicans, but still. I don't think there will be enough dead Republicans to ensure a Democrat wins if democrats lose the progressive vote.