The LeBron James 4th Quarter tracker thread.

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BrewCityBuck, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Apr 8 2007, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He did indeed chock, but there was still no way in hell we had a shot at winning even if he made those two free throws. Pistons came down and made 2 ft and it would have still been a 4 point game with 8 seconds left.</div>if he made those, Flip would have likely called a TO and a different play would have been ran. Nontheless, it would have given his team a much better chance to win.

2. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Apr 8 2007, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if he made those, Flip would have likely called a TO and a different play would have been ran. Nontheless, it would have given his team a much better chance to win.</div>That's not true, the Cavs were fouling the Pistons at that point due to the clock running out. There would be no need to run a play when Cleveland was just gonna foul. It would've given the Cavs more of a chance but chances are they still wouldn't have won with Detroit's free throw shooting.Also, big choke for LeBron, LeBron has been very inconsistent at the ends of games. For a month stretch he'll do great in the clutch and the next week he can't make anything in the last 2 minutes.

3. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Apr 8 2007, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That's not true, the Cavs were fouling the Pistons at that point due to the clock running out. There would be no need to run a play when Cleveland was just gonna foul. It would've given the Cavs more of a chance but chances are they still wouldn't have won with Detroit's free throw shooting.Also, big choke for LeBron, LeBron has been very inconsistent at the ends of games. For a month stretch he'll do great in the clutch and the next week he can't make anything in the last 2 minutes.</div>Even when Bron missed the FT's they did not foul the Pistons until they were about to get an easy layup with around 15sec left. There was enough time inbetween the game clock and shot clock that they could have made a stop and have had a lot of time to score on the other hand. That is assuming Bron made at least 1 FT.

4. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

There was roughly more time for us to get the ball back, but it is likely we get the stop. Detroit played it right, even if James hit both they would go inside and it would force us to foul them down low because of how poor we play in the post. Was a good game, IMO Cleveland would have won if James didn't take so many bad shots and if my man Ira would've got in the game. All well, gonna need some help from around the league now.

5. Illosophee

Illosophee BBW Elite Member

<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">Eh... All this talk about LeBron being a choker or not makes me believe that it's rare for an NBA superstar to not have d*ckriders or haters all about him.</span>

6. Nitro1118

With game tied in clutch situations he is 0-11 this year at the FT line, and I am not sure if that is incluidng today's game. That, along with his track record of game winners and being outplayed by opposing superstars in head to head matchups in 4th speak for itself.

7. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Apr 8 2007, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>With game tied in clutch situations he is 0-11 this year at the FT line, and I am not sure if that is incluidng today's game.</div>Hmmm, funny thing is that he wen't to Gilbert and said "If you miss these two free-throws your going home" in last years playoffs. [​IMG]

8. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Apr 8 2007, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hmmm, funny thing is that he wen't to Gilbert and said "If you miss these two free-throws your going home" in last years playoffs. [​IMG]</div>Worked, didn't it? :dribble:

9. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Illosophee @ Apr 8 2007, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Century Gothic">Eh... All this talk about LeBron being a choker or not makes me believe that it's rare for an NBA superstar to not have d*ckriders or haters all about him.</span></div>did you just figure this out? It's such a revolutionary discovery

10. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Apr 8 2007, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Worked, didn't it? :dribble:</div>Yeah, but he wouldn't have made them either. [​IMG]

11. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Add his game today again jump shots instead of attacking the paint.

12. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

LOL damn some people are haters. Lebron to me is the 2nd best player in the league behind Kobe right now.People act like he is having a bad season when really he just had to great of a season last year. 30/7/7 was not easy remember who averaged that for a season before Lebron did it last year? Exactly!!! So what if he us putting up 26/6/6 or 28/6/6 w/e his numbers are right now. To lazy to check at 5:30 AM.To me he is the 2nd best player in the league right now behind Kobe to many people are hating for no reason.Some of yall was spoiled last season bygetting to see 30/7/7 so you act like a year with #'s that are great just a little less is him not having a good year or something.

13. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 9 2007, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LOL damn some people are haters. Lebron to me is the 2nd best player in the league behind Kobe right now.People act like he is having a bad season when really he just had to great of a season last year. 30/7/7 was not easy remember who averaged that for a season before Lebron did it last year? Exactly!!! So what if he us putting up 26/6/6 or 28/6/6 w/e his numbers are right now. To lazy to check at 5:30 AM.To me he is the 2nd best player in the league right now behind Kobe to many people are hating for no reason.Some of yall was spoiled last season bygetting to see 30/7/7 so you act like a year with #'s that are great just a little less is him not having a good year or something.</div>James' points are done for one big reason, and thats because Larry Hughes is back. Hughes is taking shots that James would end up taking so instead of LeBron getting 30/7/7 again he has to 'settle' for what he gets now. James once again 'settled' for terrible shots. If someone here thinks we have a coach on the sideline, please tell me how so. I hate Mike Brown and always will. GET HIM OUTTA HERE FERRY! :ranting: :ranting:

14. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 9 2007, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LOL damn some people are haters. Lebron to me is the 2nd best player in the league behind Kobe right now.People act like he is having a bad season when really he just had to great of a season last year. 30/7/7 was not easy remember who averaged that for a season before Lebron did it last year? Exactly!!! So what if he us putting up 26/6/6 or 28/6/6 w/e his numbers are right now. To lazy to check at 5:30 AM.To me he is the 2nd best player in the league right now behind Kobe to many people are hating for no reason.Some of yall was spoiled last season bygetting to see 30/7/7 so you act like a year with #'s that are great just a little less is him not having a good year or something.</div>No one takes away from Bron because of his 28/7/6 averages, but rather that it took him until March to finally start playing, and that he continues to settle for jumpers. Before March he was just there, not doing much at all, then he started to play like he is capable of. Even now he is settling for an extreme amount of jumpers, and they simply aren't falling. He shoots 33% from 3 and 35% with midrange jumpers (for comparison, Wade shoots 39% from midrange, T-Mac shoots 43%, Kobe shoots 45%). Those are horrible numbers for a person who isn't a horrible jumpshooter. But the quality of shots is horrible, and it is why people get very annoyed with LeBron and why, despite having great numbers, this has been a dissapointing season.I respect your opinion that LeBron is the 2nd best player in the league, but I barely put him in my top 5.