OT The Legacy oF Dame, PT.2

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Orion Bailey, May 14, 2019.

1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

@yuyuza1 spurred me to put this together after his thread, but I want to dive much deeper into this....

"The Legacy of Dame"

Many people are starting to compare him and The Blazers to the likes of Clyde with the Blazers. Always being a backseat driver to the greatest. Clyde had Jordan who owned him and Dame has been overshadowed by Curry.

When Michael Jordan came into this league, he couldn't get past the Pistons. The Bulls made some adjustments and put together a team around him that worked. It still took a couple of playoff series going head to head with them before they finally found what worked, both in player personal and style of play. Once they were able to overcome the Pistons, they never looked back.

Now I'm here to say that I think in part, the reason Portland couldn't overcome the Bulls back in the day, was because of them being in different conferences, thus, not meeting each other and becoming familiar enough with each other. Portland had a very high BBIQ team and with more time head to head, might have been able to figure it out, much like the Bulls did against the Pistons.

Well, Dame Culture Portland has not had much success against GSW overall in the last 5 years, but have seemed to play them more competitive in the last two years, having beat them twice this year during the regular season. We have seen them several times in the playoffs(maybe twice?) and I think that we can take GSW in a 7 game series because we have become very familiar with them, much like the Bulls did to the Pistons.

This is our time coming, as their team can't last much longer based on salary cap and player demands, so this is the year we need to put a stamp on this and Dame can begin one of the GOAT campaign. Anything less than taking this to 7 games and Dame is still a shadow. But if we can take them to 7 and/or take the series, There will not be any looking back and Dame and the Blazers could go like the Bulls. FA's will want come here and the following year we will have many of the bad contracts off our books.

Dames legacy can truly start tonight and I think he has the greatness in him to make it happen.. and not look back.

I believe in Dame Culture.
    I believe in The Legacy of Dame.