Exclusive The Mandela Effect

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Chris Craig, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The Mandela Effect is a phenomenon regarding shared mass false memories. There are memories shared by a great number of people, strangers, that apparently never happened. It is called the Madela Effect because many people remember Mandela dying in while he was in prison, but he really died in 2013. People remember seeing it on the news, reading about it in the paper, etc. Here are some other examples.

The Matrix: I have watched the Matrix movies several times. In the scene where Neo meets Morpheus, I remember as do many others,there is a well known line uttered by Morpheus. "What if I told you, everything you know is a lie." There are many memes created from it. Well, what if I was to tell you that line was never said in any of the Matrix movies. It wasn't.

I Love Lucy: There is a line many, most people recall hearing from the TV show I Love Lucy, when Desi Arnaz comes in the door and says loudly, "Lucy, you have some splaining to do." That line was never spoken in that show.

Shazaam: I clearly remember Sinbad as a genie in this movie with pointed shoes, hoop earrings, with a vest. Apparently, this movie was never made. His name was Shazaam, and whenever he granted a wish he would say shazaam. Sinbad denies it, and it has never been found. (Though Sinbad as an April Fools joke made a found clip from it this year to mess with people)

Berenstain Bears: I grew up reading these books, and I like many others fondly remember them being the Berenstein Bears. That's how I remember it being spelled on the books, how I heard it pronounced. But, they are the Berenstain Bears.

Star Wars: How many of you remember the line in the battle scene of empire strikes back where Vader reveals his parentage to Luke. I remember the Line as "Luke, I am your Father" But its, "No, I am your father." Strangely there are interviews with James Earl Jones where he recites the line, and when he does its the former.

Eli Whitney: Strangely I recall learning about Whitney in high school that he was an African American. However, Eli Whitney is a white a man. Weird.

Looney Tunes: I grew up watching Looney Toons. I remember it being spelled that way. But, really its Looney Tunes.

Queen: Queens song we are the champions is one of the most well known songs ever made. I and many others believed it ended with " We are the champions...of the world" but there is no "of the world" in the original song.

Monopoly Man: I grew up playing this game. In fact I got in a lot of fights with brother over boardwalk. I vividly remember the Monopoly man wearing a monocle. However, he doesn't wear one and apparently never has.

The Scarecrow: Does anyone remember the scarecrow wielding a pistol in the wizard of oz. Well, he does.

upload_2017-4-28_10-34-43.jpeg

Froot Loops: Does anyone else remember it being spelled Fruit Loops...that's how I remember it. But, its Froot Loops.

The Silence of the Lambs: How can anyone forget Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter. In one scene where he meets Clarice, I remember him saying "Hello Clarice" Well, he doesn't.

Thanksgiving: I seem to remember Thanksgiving being the third Thursday of November, but in fact it is the fourth Thursday of November.

1916 Attack: There was an attack by German spies at Black Tom Island off the coast of New York and New Jersey. Black Tom Island was located near Liberty Island. Germans Spies blew up a weapons cache that was being stored there causing several explosions, killing several people, doing the equivalent of $445,000,000 worth of damage, and a lot of damage to the statute of Liberty, which is why the torch has been closed since then (It is not stable enough to allow visitors, though many have claimed they have been in the torch) I never heard of this attack, never learned about in school, or even on the history channel, which I watched a great deal of with my dad who was a history buff.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  2. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Yes it is indeed very interesting. Some people claim it as evidence of our moving through multiple dimensions/the crossing of dimensions through our space/time continuum.

The two that definitely get me are the Bearenstein bears, and the Star Wars quote. Didn't know about silence of the lambs, wtf.

trailblazer18 and Chris Craig like this.
  3. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    The Berenstein Bears is a popular one that gets a lot of people, including me.

4. trailblazer18

trailblazer18 Well-Known Member

All very interesting. I felt the same way about many of the ones you brought up. My guess, particularly with the movie lines, is you only heard it once originally and then heard it wrong multiple times from other people, like the famous Matrix meme, so you figure that is how it actually is/was. Kind of like singing the wrong words to a song and then being blown away when you realize the actual words.

Chris Craig likes this.
  5. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

6. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Apparently Lecter doesn't say it in any of the films, but I remember him saying it in the original when they meet at his cell, in the sequel Hannibal at the end when he calls her on the phone: "Hello Clarice, I'll be seeing you soon. I'm eating out tonight." Or something to that affect. I'm the third movie,the prequel, Red Dragon, at the very end Clarice comes to see him, Al a the beginning of the first movie, silence of the lambs, and he again or so I thought says the line, hello Clarice. I think it's the last line.

7. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Whatever. But, I do want clarification as to whether Chef actually did tell you to suck on his chocolate salty balls.

8. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Cuz u can put em in your mouth and suckem

9. Chris Craig

Actually, his balls were white chocolate

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  10. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    "Luke, I am your father" is from Chris Farley talking into a fan, I think it was in Tommy Boy?

Chris Craig and trailblazer18 like this.
  11. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Play it again Sam.

Chris Craig likes this.
  12. Chris Craig

Ah Casablanca, one of my favorite movie quotes is from that movie.

"Of all the gin joints in all towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

And that ones quoted right

13. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I'm not really a dog.

Dougnsalem and Chris Craig like this.
  14. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

isn't one of the prime recent examples "Palin's" assertion that she could see Russia from her house?

15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Tons of these in Beatles songs....everybody smoke pot smoke pot smoke pot is actually everybody's got one got one got one

16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

in the words of Wes Mathews from a few years back...we ain't got no superstars...all we got is dogs in that lockerroom!

17. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

18. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

19. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

these blew my fucking mind though

Chris Craig likes this.
  20. Chris Craig

That's funny as shit