The Miami Experiment

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by espn_hall_of_famer, Aug 31, 2010.

1. mook

mook The 2018-19 season was the best I've seen

Buy a recipe binder at CookbookPeople.com
    I don't think injuries were quite as much an excuse there. Frankly, I think the whole team was just kind of star struck. By the time they shook off the half-decade-long hangover of not being in the playoffs, the series was over. You can blame Nate for that (and to some extent I think that's fair), but you have to also remember how far the team had come just to get to that point.

If this team flames out this year in the first round, I don't see how Nate keeps his job. Even if it has another injury-riddled season like last year, it'll just be too tempting for the GM to want to change things up.

2. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Just a little food for thought.

3. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

It's way early with this Miami team. It's possible that they won't dominate like many people thought, but I get the feeling they are going through a pretty normal learning curve, adapting to playing with each other. I sort of half expect them to hit their stride around mid-December and really start to roll people (especially if they can get Mike Miller back and have him play at a somewhat decent level).

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  4. hasoos

hasoos Well-Known Member

How is Riley supposed to have grounds for firing Spoelstra if the team doesn't have some controversy before the all star break? You know this is all just bullshit so that Riley can Stan Van Gundy him at the first opportunity! :NOTMARIS:

5. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Definitely.

6. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    I don't see how this is going to work. Miller coming back or not, they have absolutely zero production down on the blocks. Thats okay for some teams, but when you've been hyped as the best thing ever and come out through smoke and all that stuff. This team isn't going very far. Any kind of team with a post presence and this team is in for huge trouble.

Oh, and I can't remember a team that went very far in the playoffs with two very below average starters.