The Moda Center sure looks awesome at night

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by tykendo, Jan 25, 2019.

1. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

I moved to Colorado December of '94. The new arena was half complete. Superstructure was built, and you could see the seat rakers through the openings. I moved back to Oregon early this month to begin my new life. I needed to drive my daughter to the airport for a flight. We left early so instead of going 205, I decided I needed to see my city. I wasn't disappointed. It's glorious at night. The new buildings, light rail bridge, and the arena of our Blazers were lit up in all their splendor. I saw the awesome Portland sign , and then drove past the Moda Center. I always liked the roof design, different from most of the arenas in the NBA, but seeing it in person, it was spectactacular. The blue lights were beautiful. The arena truly looks fantastic. The Pepsi Center in Denver is a wonderful arena inside, but generic outside. But man! Moda is bad ass. Seeing Portland got me emotional. I love living in Eugene, close to my daughter who attends UO, but I didn't feel home until lastnight. What a show for me it was.

bobf, kjironman1, THE HCP and 14 others like this.
  2. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    8081EFD2-FEDB-415D-A7C9-10D02602FCE4.jpeg

For the record I stole that img from google, but its kind of funny growing up in Portland and seeing that view basically everyday, I barely took the time to recognize how beautiful it can be. Gorgeous city.

3. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

I grew up in Beaverton. Moved to the midwest/east coast and back to the midwest for school/work.

I never realized how nice it was to see plants on freaking highway exits until I moved here and see dark plowed snow instead.

4. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The light isn't always blue. Sometimes its red or green.

5. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Welcome back (home)! I lived in Oregon until I was 11, moved to CA - southern and northern and then came back in 2007. Best thing I have ever done. Now if we can just get the tents cleaned up...

6. Fishlips

Fishlips My dog barks, sits, & stays. Just not on command.

Attended 13 schools growing up and lived all over. Moved here in 1979, just prior to my senior year of high school. Moved my family to Elk Grove, CA (Just south of Sacramento) for work in 2008. Things we heard: "You moved FROM Portland to here?" "Portland is my dream place to live." "No wonder you're so nice." "I wish it would rain here." We moved back here in 2012 and I definitely have an appreciation for Portland I never had the previous 30 years here. My wife was born and raised here, welcomed the move south but was truly emotional moving back home.

7. tiredhunter

tiredhunter Well-Known Member

Or pink during cancer awareness month. Would be striking, if it wasn't Moda Health's color

8. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

I know. I love the red on Home game nights. But last night, "blue" was special.

9. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    I agree Moda is great. Gives me chills every time I see it.

10. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

something something rose garden something something

11. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Plants on exits has always been one of my favorite ways to spend tax dollars