The most underrated player in the league has got to be....

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by 44Thrilla, Nov 23, 2004.

1. og15

og15 JBB *********

Actually he played PF 2 years [or 1 and a half], and SF the other years, so he was both, and actually Marion also played PF for 1 year and half of another year. Also in All-Star games it's just forward, not PF and SF, just forward.

Also if he'd make it he'd be a bench player, and the coaches vote for the bench and reward players on winning teams. Lastly, all those other guys were averaging 20 and 10, and Jamison was averaging about 20 and 8 all those years.

McDyess: 20 and 12, 2 blocks
    Webber: 20-10-5
    Brand - 19-10, 2 blocks
    Malone - 20-9-5

..see what I'm saying here, if you can pick out a year he deserved it more than someone else who made it then tell me, but I'll tell you this, you won't find that year.

2. skip

skip BBW Member

hopefully he can make the allstar team out here in the east, cuz i was hoping to c antawn in a raptors jersey since he got drafted by the raps, hopefully he does good in the east

3. heatfan

heatfan JBB JustBBall Member

In my opinion <font color="Red">Zach Randolph </font> is The Most UnderRated Player in the League.
    This guy is solid and goes under the radar because of all the great players out west.

FG % REB. PTS.
    .485 10.50 20.1 03-04
    .436 11.40 22.0 04-05

4. og15

og15 JBB *********

Not really, I think everyone knows about him, he did win MIP last season. Also this year that FG% is pretty bad for a PF, and he doesn't play defense, and is known to hold the ball too long and not give it away, or hog like some say.

5. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Jamison is a great complementary player, but I don't think he is good enough to be a number one options on a winning team, which is what separates him from the best guys in the league. As far as I know he has never requested a trade either, yet he's on his third NBA club. Golden State traded him for not a lot, and would they have done that if they thought he was a guy they could build around?

6. FFSBasketball

FFSBasketball JBB JustBBall Member

I don't know if Golden State is a franchise which we can say "they did it so they must know something we don't." If it's Jerry West I say OK. But it's not. I'd actually trust Ernie Grunfeld five times more than any of the Golden State GMs.

I also agree though that he's not a number 1 option on a playoff team - but I think he does fit in almost perfectly with the Wizards. They needed a combo forward, who was a "young veteran" - someone who's not too old to be on his way out, but not too young that he's immature. He's got support around him in the scoring of Arenas, Hughes and Jarvis Hayes, and when the bigs come back he'll have help inside too. He can lead enough, but he isn't depended on to win games. I actually think this is the situation he needs for recognition.

As Dave Johnson, the Wizards play-by-play announcer on the radio just said, "He is The Man for these Wizards."

And oddly enough, we're quietly in #5 seed position in the putrid East. If we can keep our heads above .500, it could be the start of something big.

7. mullin17

mullin17 JBB JustBBall Member

I'm probably the biggest jamison fan here in warrior land, I just like his attitude on and off the court. It was tough for him in the west to make it over Duncan, KG, Marion, Brand. But he'll make it this year.... but most underrated player in the league is Larry Hughes... his shot is on and off... but he's got all the tools... in 2000 I think it was when he averaged 16.5 pts, 5.5 rebs, and 4.5 assists... he was one of 5 that year to do that, with Kobe, KG, Kidd... he's underrated.