The Mystery of the NBA Team That Billions Can’t Buy

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Portland2014, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

So far the 75% thing is the only hard and fast rule I've seen. I'd love to see something more solid, but I have the feeling it would have been included in the reporting if that were the case. I'm getting the feeling that the language is vague enough that a person with billions on the line could defend keeping the team for a LONG time.

I hope not... but...

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I missed that part. What was that from?

3. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Seems like Dame is someone who could actually speak up against Jody to try and push for change. If he got former players and media to pressure the NBA board of governors maybe they would do something.

But right now he has way too many conflicts, plus thoughts of playing with the team immediate that she controls, the possibility of needing her to approve his future contracts, maybe he even wants to be a part of an ownership group purchase bid eventually that she could approve.

I just don't see who else could lobby the NBA to change this. Phil Knight the founder of Nike with 42 billion seems powerless.

4. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

That's how they got rid of Sterling.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2014/05/1...-of-clippers-shelly-sterling-also-loses-hers/

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...onald-sterling-for-life-from-the-nba/8466685/