The Offical Allen Iverson Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by B.e., May 22, 2006.

1. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

While some of us make like it, and some of us may not, there is realistic possibility that AI can be traded this summer.

Get ready on hearing lots of rumors over the weeks, but don't take them to heart to much as they are just rumors!

The latest rumor I found was taken from benmaller.com-regarding two suitors for AI, ATL and Minnesota.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Figure to see dozens of these, but the two latest trade rumors for Allen Iverson have him going to Minnesota for their lottery pick and players or to Atlanta in a sign-and-trade for Al Harrington and one of Atlanta's young forwards.</div>

I like both of the deals, but for the 76ers, and AI, I'd rather see AI team up with Kevin Garnett.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">An attempted restructuring of the 76ers also is in broad progress. Confronted with dwindling head counts, a failure to make the playoffs and a murky future, management is committed to rebuilding. In all likelihood, that means Allen Iverson will be sacrificed for reputable youth and numerous first-round draft picks, not a Kenyon Martin-type long-term contract. The City of Brotherly Love still fervently feels Iverson. Still, more and more of its fans have stopped "paying" homage where it counts, at the gate. At the same time, strictly on account of A.I., the 76ers are the league's second-biggest road draw.</div>-NY Post

2. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting B-22:</div><div class="quote_post">
    I like both of the deals, but for the 76ers, and AI, I'd rather see AI team up with Kevin Garnett.</div>
    same here, but a deal to atl would most likely give us more in return. anyways, even if a trade is proposed, i cant see why AI would want to be in a hawks uni at all. he is at a stage in his career where IMO, he wants to win now. that obviously isnt going to happen in atlanta

3. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Let me just ask this question, who do you think we could get if we traded AI?

4. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

PLEASE send him to minni. That would be a dream trade for me. Our team could instantly become a playoff one with a good draft and adding iverson. Also what does philly want for him

5. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

if philly trades ai they better be getting some talented young players and some picks.

6. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheFreshPrince:</div><div class="quote_post">PLEASE send him to minni. That would be a dream trade for me. Our team could instantly become a playoff one with a good draft and adding iverson. Also what does philly want for him</div>
    if we trade AI to minny, we need some first rounders, ricky davis, eddie griffin, and mcants.

PS - we'll throw in john salmons just for the heck of it (after we sign him)

7. TheFreshPrince

i would have no problem sending like ricky eddie mccants and a future pick

8. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

For Iverson I would love to get a pick this year as well as a pick next year with a decent player. I really want a shot at that stunning 2007 draft class headed by Greg Oden and Joakim Noah. Maybe with the Hawks deal instead of getting a pick this year we can get a pick next year. That would be the ideal situation for us to trade Iverson if you ask me. Two picks in the lottery back-to-back years with two young players in there as well.

9. TheFreshPrince

i just do see why iverson would ever allow philly to trade him to atl. They will still suck, if he goes to minni he can play with KG!

10. AMS_ICE

AMS_ICE JBB JustBBall Member

I just hope AI goes to a team where they can be in a position to be a major contender. AI has been through a lot and he deserves to win. He's one of the hardest working players in the NBA. I'm a Nets fan particularly Jason Kidd, like Iverson they both need big men to compliment them. Who ever gets to team up with KG will go deep in next season's playoffs.

11. B.e.

The thread has been updated, with a new article out of the NY Post. Take it for what it is worth, they are known to report BS!

12. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">There has been talk about a trade between Denver and Philadelphia. While the Nuggets wouldn?t mind Allen Iverson, whom the 76ers are entertaining offers for, the 76ers don?t want Kenyon Martin, whom the Nuggets would like to unload</div>

Source

13. B.e.

The Nuggets are my second favorite team, but I don't want AI to go there because they probably won't be a contender.

14. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Out of all the teams to deal Iverson to, dealing with the Nuggets would probably be the most difficult because simply they don't have a first round draft pick this year. If Billy King unloads Iverson, I'm almost 100% sure that he would want to move up in the draft to get a guy like Randy Foye or Brandon Roy. That being said, I would think that the Hawks, and the T'Wolves as the best potential suitors.

15. Super_Sixer_Fan

Super_Sixer_Fan JBB JustBBall Member

Why move up to get a guard? When you could just make Isiah Thomas do something shitty. Like acquire their 2008 1st round pick. If we suck big enough, we can get our 07 back from GSW, and then the 08 We'll have Oden And Mayo. Not to mention a few others.

16. iversonfan3

iversonfan3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Super_Sixer_Fan:</div><div class="quote_post">Why move up to get a guard? When you could just make Isiah Thomas do something shitty. </div>

hahahahahhahahahahaha that is SO well said [​IMG]

17. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Super_Sixer_Fan:</div><div class="quote_post">Why move up to get a guard? When you could just make Isiah Thomas do something shitty. Like acquire their 2008 1st round pick. If we suck big enough, we can get our 07 back from GSW, and then the 08 We'll have Oden And Mayo. Not to mention a few others.</div>

Our 2007 is actually top 15 protected, so yes it's possible if they declare back-to-back years. I can't remember a team that has had the number one back-to-back. Plus I think Isiah actually learned his lesson this year with Eddy Curry.

Hopefully Billy King can find a suitor for Iverson or Webber before the draft. I know that's asking a lot but this is when teams call up and try to trade up/down. Webber's $20 million comes off the books at the end of next season so you can't tell me that a team like the Knicks would be willing to get him. They have wanted him for years. I wouldn't mind Jalen Rose (whose contract comes up sooner) and a pick for C-Webb. Then it's a matter of finding a suitor for Iverson which can get tough.

Here's what I would love to see happen:

To Knicks: Chris Webber (We would pay off some of his salary as well)
    To Sixers: Jalen Rose + 29th Pick
    I don't see why the Knicks wouldn't do it, again they wanted C-Webb for a while. Billy King gets a pick in the middle of this draft which you know he would like.

To T'Wolves: Allen Iverson + #13 Pick
    To Sixers: Eddie Griffin + Rashad McCants + Ricky Davis + Trenton Hassell + #6 Pick
    Wolves are willing to do anything to get better, Iverson and KG is crazy.

#6 Pick: LaMarcus Aldridge, PF/C, Texas
    #29 Pick: Dee Brown, PG, Illinois

Sign: Speedy Claxton
    Waive: Jalen Rose

<u>New Roster</u>

PG - Speedy Claxton/Dee Brown/Kevin Ollie
    SG - Ricky Davis/Rashad McCants/Trenton Hassell
    SF - Andre Iguodala/Kyle Korver/John Salmons
    PF - LaMarcus Aldridge/Eddie Griffin/Shavlik Randolph
    C - Samuel Dalembert/Steven Hunter/LaMarcus Aldridge

We wouldn't be too good next year but when we get Oden next year and McCants starts to develop we wouldn't be half bad. In 2007-2008 I can see Dee Brown-Rashad McCants-Andre Iguodala-LaMarcus Aldridge-Greg Oden being an awesome, young, starting five.

Too bad I'm not the GM...

18. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Atlanta would be interested in dealing for Allen Iverson, but won’t depart with young forward Marvin Williams, according to Gerry Woelfel</div>

Source

19. TheFreshPrince

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting C.K.:</div><div class="quote_post">
    To T'Wolves: Allen Iverson + #13 Pick
    To Sixers: Eddie Griffin + Rashad McCants + Ricky Davis + Trenton Hassell + #6 Pick
    Wolves are willing to do anything to get better, Iverson and KG is crazy.
    </div>

i would do this in a heart beat if hassell was replaced with anyone else.

20. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NbaBaller:</div><div class="quote_post">Source</div>

Don't know how true that is but Marvin Williams wasn't even included in the first rumors to begin with. It was Josh Childress/Josh Smith + Al Harrington + #5 for Iverson. Unless BK called up and said he had to have Marv to do the deal, unlikely though. That shouldn't hurt any chances on trading A.I. to the Hawks.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheFreshPrince:</div><div class="quote_post">i would do this in a heart beat if hassell was replaced with anyone else.</div>

Hassell was just a filler in the deal. Maybe Marco Jaric or Mark Madsen would replace him but that's just the basic of the deal...