The Official 2004 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by vinsanity03, Jun 30, 2003.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

yea u misunderstood. kendrick perkins is garbage

2. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">yea u musunderstood. kendrick perkins is garbage</div>

yeah ur right, this commin out of high school BS is going a little far, theres too many of them comming. If your not gonna be a top 5 pick, why the hell wouldn't you go to college. You get better, more experience, and chances are your career will start off a lot quicker, just look at guys like Tim Duncan, 4 years in college and never has had a bad season yet.

3. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">yea u musunderstood. kendrick perkins is garbage</div>

yeah ur right, this commin out of high school BS is going a little far, theres too many of them comming. If your not gonna be a top 5 pick, why the hell wouldn't you go to college. You get better, more experience, and chances are your career will start off a lot quicker, just look at guys like Tim Duncan, 4 years in college and never has had a bad season yet.</div>

look at a guy like Trajon Langdon though, four years of college and now he plays in europe, for every tim duncan there are 10 guys or more like Langdon

4. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

most senoirs is this years draft we second rounders. So alot of underclass men and high schools are doing the right dissision.

5. olskoolfunktitude

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "thefranchise3":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">yea u musunderstood. kendrick perkins is garbage</div>

yeah ur right, this commin out of high school BS is going a little far, theres too many of them comming. If your not gonna be a top 5 pick, why the hell wouldn't you go to college. You get better, more experience, and chances are your career will start off a lot quicker, just look at guys like Tim Duncan, 4 years in college and never has had a bad season yet.</div>

the money is too big a temptation. but perkins is just gonna be a disaster. he sucks

6. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If your not gonna be a top 5 pick, why the hell wouldn't you go to college. You get better, more experience, and chances are your career will start off a lot quicker, just look at guys like Tim Duncan, 4 years in college and never has had a bad season yet.</div>

Well a majority of the time they have families to support, or won't be eligible on the college level anyway whether it's grades or accepting gifts. And the latter causes problems for both the university and themselves. I don't blame the kids for coming out most of the time.

7. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "sunsfan1357":</div><div class="quote_post">I heard somewhere that He Got Game was very loosely based on Stephon Marbury's up to that point.</div>If it was, then it was just loosely based on Steph's story like you said. They did mention Stephon Marbury in the movie a lot though.

8. olskoolfunktitude

is there anyone better than okafor?

9. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">is there anyone better than okafor?</div>A lot of people believe that Paul Davis and Hakim Warrick are better.

10. hollisbeenhosed

hollisbeenhosed JBB JustBBall Member

emeka for 1

emeka
    pavel
    tiago splitter
    hakim warrick
    dwight howard
    darius rice

and.........

GMAC, my white homey representing [​IMG]

11. AZ1

AZ1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">is there anyone better than okafor?</div>A lot of people believe that Paul Davis and Hakim Warrick are better.</div>
    i dont know if Warrick is better but he will go top 5

12. Voodoo Child

Yeah, I agree, but Davis is still a head above Okafor.

13. sunsfan1357

If Okafor improves his offensive game again this season then Davis wouldn't be able to touch him. Davis is a great prospect and all, but Okafor right now is better and with a better offensive game would be untouchable as the best prospect.

14. bender

bender JBB JustBBall Member

Don't sleep on these guys:

Tiago Splitter 6-10 SF - He played really good for Brazils NT recently. If he's playing that well for TAU Ceramica in Spain next season, he'll be a top3 pick for sure.

Andrew Bogut 6-11 PF - He's the MVP of the Junior World Championships (posted monster stats: 26.3 ppg, 17.0 rpg). If he turns pro after a Carmelo-like freshman year at Utah, he'll be in the lottery as well.

15. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Watch out for Darius Washington. Not 04 b/c hes going to Memphis I believe..

16. beasly3

beasly3 JBB JustBBall Member

true

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sunsfan1357:</div><div class="quote_post">Well a majority of the time they have families to support, or won't be eligible on the college level anyway whether it's grades or accepting gifts. And the latter causes problems for both the university and themselves. I don't blame the kids for coming out most of the time.</div>

Thats very true. [​IMG]

17. kobe35plus

kobe35plus JBB JustBBall Member

1.dwight howard
    2.pavel
    3.emeka

hakim warrick is goin in the top 10 not top 5

paul davis=chris kaman replica

18. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

The Nets are taking in Ivan Chiriaev according to the Mock Draft. Pretty good pic IMHO. They need to stock up on young guys. Especially at center.

Okafor showed that he can improve his offense. From 7.9 to 15.9 ppg. He needs to work on his assists though. Plus, I'm sure he can't keep up his 4.7bpg avg. in the NBA.

19. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting olskoolFunktitude:</div><div class="quote_post">the money is too big a temptation. but perkins is just gonna be a disaster. he sucks</div>

I'm really not sure if such an accessment is warranted. I was at the '97 draft, and I could'nt believe the Raptors picked up some scrawny kid from Mt. Zion HS, and for a couple years I would regularly tear on him and that O'Neal kid playing at Portland U. But look at them now. Perkins may only have marginal talent and be an Ervin Johnson or Toni Battie type center, but that's neither here nor there when he hasn't played half a season yet.

I think some of these kids coming out for a couple years and then leaving programs after one or two strong seasons often hurts the program more than it helps it(Carmelo is far and away the exception and not the rule).

20. sunsfan1357

A lot of the times it is the programs choice to recruit these kids who only spend a year or two in the NCAA. The coaches choose to waste scholarships (though I think waste is too strong of a word) on the players that they KNOW are going to leave early. Of course there are guys that aren't expected to leave but do leave, however, a majority of the time I don't believe that to be the case.