The Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Hobbesarable, Feb 8, 2020.

1. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Hunter Henry would be perfect! Or draft a TE.

Hobbesarable likes this.
  2. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

I'm thinking the Packers might best utilize FA for the TE position. It's typically cheaper signing a TE via free agency rather than LB or WR.

Then they could draft Blake Martinez's replacement ILB Kenneth Murray if he's there at #30 and go with a WR in the 2nd round (this year's draft is stacked with WR talent).

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  3. Dom McBlazer

Dom McBlazer Well-Known Member

If Everson Griffen is cut, he needs to make sure he wears purple for the rest of his career if you know what I mean...... *inserts wink face*

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  4. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Just to piss you off.

The 9ers, surprisingly, need a lot of things. If Jimmy doesn't work this off season to improve greatly, then it might be time to look for another QB next off-season; preferably one who is mobile, since that's the direction this league seems to be going. I wouldn't mind seeing him work out with Kurt Warner.

Beyond that, they need to figure out what they are going to do with Sanders and Armstead. I say keep Armstead, and see if Sanders will re-sign for ultra cheap, which might be a pipe dream. But he's still got game left in him, so I would like to keep him.

They need a LT to replace Staley; especially if he retires before the draft. They need a backup to Sherman, who isn't getting any younger, and Witherspoon is a huge question mark (I think he's just not gonna cut it at the pro-level, which would be a huge disappointment, but I'm willing to give him one more season to see what we got).

Kittle has a torn labrum that he needs to get fixed but probably won't. If it were up to me, I'd insist he get it fixed ASAP. And then sign that man to a huge contract and lock him up in SF.

Our RB corp is fine.

WR is fine, but we need to cut bait with Pettis unless he magically learns how to catch a ball, and Taylor as well unless he can get fully healthy....he's a dangerous 3rd Down option when healthy. I'm also really eager to see what Jalen Hurd can do in Kyle's offense.

Solomon Thomas was a bust that I saw coming a mile away before we drafted him, and surely enough he's been nothing but a massive disappointment since he got here. Cut him, or trade him and let some other poor schmuck try their luck with him. I'm not too concerned with his replacement; our D-line is stacked. But perhaps a draft pick at Nose Tackle? That was a weakness of ours once DJ Jones went down (I REALLY like that dude).

That's all I got off the top of my head right now.

Oh, and preferably a coach who doesn't choke away Superbowls, but I have a feeling those coaches are few and far in between.

5. Hobbesarable

Yeah, the could into the draft for a TE.

I thinking these are the areas of need for our Packers:

ILB (I think they will not re-sign Blake Martinez and find a replacement with better coverage ability)
    DT (Need a bruiser here to help against the run game)
    WR (Speedy playmaker who can stretch the field)
    TE (one who can preferably run block and catch)

They will explore options for these positions via roster cuts, free agency, draft, and trades. It's going to be interesting seeing how they make it all fall into place this season.

6. Hobbesarable

Re-signing Armstead (their sack leader for 2019 season) and Sanders (brought another dimension to their offense) will be huge for them.

Kittle is going to ask for the brinks truck (big time $$$). He will probably reset the market for high-end TE.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  7. Jade Falcon

Before the 2019 Season, Armstead was NOT looking like a 1st Round pick. I'm sincerely glad that Saleh's scheme finally fits him.

And give George whatever he wants. Hell, if he wants a gold throne, I say give it to him. There's no way you short-change a guy like that, and DEFINITELY don't let him walk. He's by far the best TE in the league.

8. Dom McBlazer

@Jade Falcon , if Sanders doesn't re-sign with you guys, I'd gladly take him for the Ravens. Hollywood Brown is a stud but he isn't enough. Under NO circumstances should Willie Snead be our #2.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  9. Hobbesarable

The strength of their D is the Defensive Line: Armstead, Bosa, and Buckner. Keep them together and you will be set in the defensive trenches for years to come.

Kittle is expected to sign in the $12M to $15M range. That's huge and I expect him to keep on playing at a high level as a fantastic run blocker and receiver.

10. Jade Falcon

I'm hoping we can resign him. Our WR Corp immediately improved with him, not just with his receiving threat, but with his mentoring the young and rookie WRs too. He's invaluable no matter where he goes.

Agreed about that D-line, and there are a few players who can rotate at DT/DE as well, all of whom, with the exception of Thomas, played very well. They all got hurt though; I don't have the roster in front of me at the moment. (Blair and Jones were two of them; I think Taylor was another).

I've heard Kittle going as high as $18M. It will be interesting to see what he bites at when his offer comes up.

11. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I think the packers need one more legit weapon on offense doesn't need to be as good as Adams but good and have to build up depth for their lines. I think getting a nose tackle like you mentioned would be a good play. Also think they really need to consider finding Rodgers replacement Im not sure he’s aging gracefully.

12. Jade Falcon

NO, he's not aging gracefully. I was utterly shocked at how bad the Packers played against the 9ers this season; I expected far better out of Rodgers.

Dom McBlazer likes this.
  13. Dom McBlazer

Yeah the first matchup (on SNF), fine. But the second matchup? In the playoffs and your defense gets bitch slapped against the run like that? Embarrassing. But as far as the Pack's offense is concerned, it wasn't all that impressive this season. I know folks don't like SAS here (I do though), but he's right. How the hell does Matt LaFLEEEUURR get a HC job when his offense with the Titans was meh at best?

Jade Falcon likes this.
  14. Hobbesarable

15. Jade Falcon

I saw a rumor today, didn't click on the link though, that the 9ers are going to trade for Stefon Diggs at the Draft. That would be interesting.

16. GhostOfPGA

GhostOfPGA The late great Paul Allen

How can y’all afford him?

17. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

If Everson Griffen is cut, I'm gonna cry.

Take him. He's overrated.

18. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I hope griffin is cut and the Pack get him. :)

19. GhostOfPGA

GhostOfPGA The late great Paul Allen

Griffen opted out of his contract today

hoopsjock likes this.
  20. Jade Falcon

I'm just telling you what I saw. Like I said, I didn't click on the link. And as for money, not sure what he's worth.....is he still on a rookie contract?