The official Allen Iverson thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BuLLzDoMaIn, Dec 8, 2006.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iversonfan268 @ Dec 15 2006, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You sure about that? I looked on RealGm's Sixers forum earlier and a lot of people were doubting SixersFan1976 or w/e his name is and also when I was watching the Sixers game they said they asked Leon Rose today if he knew anything new and he said there was nothing(not sure if that means anything though.)</div>Some guys were doubtin sixersfan, but he is very credible. He has given information that wasn't released until a day or two later, he was bringing out players, teams, etc. He has been awesome and very credible.Of course Leon Rose isn't going to say anything.

2. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Leon Rose won't say anything. Billy King NEVER keeps the public informed about his trades, activities, interests, etc. Not even the Philadelphia beat writers are kept well informed. Billy King is always tight-lipped when it comes to personnel moves until they are made official.Like CB32 said, the only thing that is preventing the trade from being official is the involvement of a third team. Denver is going to get AI eventually... they're just finding the right third team.

3. CelticBalla32

Exactly, they actually had a deal in place from Chicago that would have involved P.J. Brown and Chris Duhon, but that died. As of right now, they are still trying to get a 3rd team involved, that's the only hold up. Eventually, AI will be a Nugget.Dallas, Chicago, Portland, Toronto are trying to get involved as the 3rd team.

4. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Chicago's chances of getting involved again are apparently slim... but who knows.

5. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Dallas, Chicago, Portland, Toronto are trying to get involved as the 3rd team.</div>Interesting. So AI is a Nugget for sure? I'm going to have to wait and see before I believe anything.

6. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Dec 16 2006, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Interesting. So AI is a Nugget for sure? I'm going to have to wait and see before I believe anything.</div>It's looking that way. They are looking for a 3rd team to be a facilitator, and as I said above a few are interested (there are a couple more two, but the ones listed above are the top ones). But when they are talking with these 3rd teams, they are talking with Philly (obviously), Denver, and _____.

7. gregorius

gregorius BBW Member

latest I heard this morning was the deal is going through within the next few hours. the papers have been faxed..Denver is his destination. Not sure on the 3rd team yet..

8. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Dec 15 2006, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Some guys were doubtin sixersfan, but he is very credible. He has given information that wasn't released until a day or two later, he was bringing out players, teams, etc. He has been awesome and very credible.Of course Leon Rose isn't going to say anything.</div>HAHA ok you have me convinced now. Luckily I have finals this week to take my mind off of this or I wouldn't be leaving the computer until it happened lol. As for Iverson's agent saying htat, I didn't think it meant anything but I just wanted to make sure.

9. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gregorius @ Dec 16 2006, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>latest I heard this morning was the deal is going through within the next few hours. the papers have been faxed..Denver is his destination. Not sure on the 3rd team yet..</div>Where did you get this information? Just wondering, because last I heard (at about 2:30 am), they still didn't have a 3rd team and they would keep working later in the morning. I doubt they got a team and worked out all the details in a matter of 4 hours or so.

10. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gregorius @ Dec 16 2006, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>latest I heard this morning was the deal is going through within the next few hours. the papers have been faxed..Denver is his destination. Not sure on the 3rd team yet..</div>4 hours later...

11. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Minny is back in the running!<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The source said Minnesota is offering the Sixers guards Mike James, Marko Jaric and Ricky Davis and swingman Trenton Hassell. Denver PostThe source also said the Celtics are offering forward-center Theo Ratliff, who is making $11.6 million this and next season, and a young player or two. Denver Post</div>

12. CelticBalla32

Yeah Minnesota still has a chance, even though I don't think they have the peices to get it done, but not Boston. So many reports are based on stuff that happened 3 days ago, like every article counting the Celtics in still. We are not! Iverson will most likely be a Nugget.

13. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Are the Nuggets close to acquiring Allen Iverson? Not everyone thinks so. "From what I hear, I don't think it is close," Boston coach Doc Rivers said before Friday's game against the Nuggets. Rumors have swirled about numerous teams, including the Nuggets, since Philadelphia put its star guard on the trading block a week ago. But it could end up being a while before he's dealt. Nuggets coach George Karl was asked before Friday's game about longtime NBA executive Wayne Embry telling USA Today it's possible Iverson might not be moved until around the Feb. 18 All-Star Game. "That would probably be my prediction," Karl said.</div>http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...l_star_weekend/

14. CelticBalla32

We way this lasts until the All-Star break or trade deadline.

15. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

This better not last until the trade deadline... it's getting to the point where I just want to see AI play, no matter where it is. The Sixers shouldn't have sent him home... he didn't do anything wrong, and I really doubt he would half-ass it out there even though he knows he's going to be traded... that just isn't the type of competitor AI is on the basketball court.

16. Dmoney

Dmoney BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Dec 16 2006, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This better not last until the trade deadline... it's getting to the point where I just want to see AI play, no matter where it is. The Sixers shouldn't have sent him home... he didn't do anything wrong, and I really doubt he would half-ass it out there even though he knows he's going to be traded... that just isn't the type of competitor AI is on the basketball court.</div>Agreed just get this deal done, the longer they keep this moving the less levarage their going to have, I mean teams are going to be cautious if AI hasen't played in a month because he's probaly going to have to get back into shape and stuff like that,

17. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

I dont think teams are going to be cautious if he hasn't playued in a month. He might be able to get over some of those niggling injuries that had for years. I do think the longer thay wait to shift him the less leverage they will have. Because other teams will realise that they are getting desperate and try and use that fact to thier advantage!

18. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dmoney @ Dec 16 2006, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Agreed just get this deal done, the longer they keep this moving the less levarage their going to have, I mean teams are going to be cautious if AI hasen't played in a month because he's probaly going to have to get back into shape and stuff like that,</div>Players go through entire offseasons without playing in a game, so I really dont think that their would be much of a difference what so ever. He is still going to be practicing and such, so he should be fine. His stock sure as hell wont lower...

19. Dmoney

Dmoney BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Dec 16 2006, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Players go through entire offseasons without playing in a game, so I really dont think that their would be much of a difference what so ever. He is still going to be practicing and such, so he should be fine. His stock sure as hell wont lower...</div>Yeah I guess your right, I mean at this point philly should just let him play.

20. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dmoney @ Dec 16 2006, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I guess your right, I mean at this point philly should just let him play.</div>That is pretty risky when you are trying to trade him.