The OFFICIAL "Dame Lillard was left off the All-Star Team" thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by chris_in_pdx, Jan 29, 2015.

1. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

Fuck the NBA, fuck Tim Duncan, fuck, fuck, cock, balls, fuck.

2. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, that's it! A TV commercial. A TV commercial has jinxed him. FFS.

3. Boise Blazer

Boise Blazer Thread Lightly

4. EGame

EGame "You're the only one of these fools I trust"

you know for someone who only knows how to joke around you sure didn't get quite up to standards and realize I'm just joking.

5. SlyPokerDog

I joke around a lot but not always. I'm just stunned at some of the Lillard bashing that has been going on in this thread.

magnifier661 likes this.
  6. SlyPokerDog

I just want to thank the coaches who feel I wasn't good enough, the fans that didn't think I was good enough , and Adam Silver also for not thinking I was good enough. This isn't unfamiliar territory for me , it's actually what my life has been inspired by. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed or that I don't feel disrespected but it's not too much to handle. Not the first or last guy to be snubbed. "You should have been there" isn't good enough for me. But anyway, The reason I'm in these shoes is because I've always use the hand I was dealt to my advantage... A wise man once told me... " it ain't always gone be peaches and cream but somebody has to pay for the reason it's not ... One way or another " ... #ImThankful#Real#NonAllStar#RipCity#YellowTape

7. EGame

EGame "You're the only one of these fools I trust"

I understand and I'm sure my perception is deceiving at times with how I can act in game threads at times, but that post wasn't really meant to bash him just a fun follow up joke. With that said I get hes hurt and it has affected him for awhile I just wish he would sit out and rest up along with Batum. We haven't been really winning games anyway, but I know it isn't in his nature.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  8. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

As Mags already mentioned:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2015_leaders.html

Rather than just cherry pick a few stats, you may want to scroll down the page and get to the ones that really matter - the ones that indicate how much a player helps his team win games. After all, isn't Wins the ultimate state.

Start with the most important one WS (Win Shares). Lillard is 6th in the entire league. Everyone above him (Harden, Anthony Davis, CP3, Curry and Jimmy Butler) is an all star. Durant, Westbrook and Cousins don't even make the top 20.

OK, so Lillard plays a lot of minutes. So, maybe that'w why he racks up so many WS. Not really. He ranks 10th in the entire league in WS/48. The only two non-all stars above him are two centers (Chandler and Jordan). Westbrook is 13th and Durant and Cousins aren't in the top 20.

Box Plus/Minus - Lillard is 7th in the entire league. All those above him (Westbrook, Curry, Harden, LeBron, CP3 and Anthony Davis are all all stars).

Value Above Replacement Player - Lillard is 4th in the league. The three above him (Harden, Curry and CP3) are all stars.

By these advanced stats, Lillard is certainly a top 10 player. Combine it with his raw numbers (21.8 ppg, 12th in the league, 6.2 apg , 14th in the league) and Lillard is certainly one of the top 24 players in the league and one of the top 12 in the Western Conference, and therefore, deserves to be an all star.

Speaking winning... In spite of all the injuries, the Blazers are still tied for the 4th best record in the entire NBA and 3rd best in the very tough Western Conference. ATL got 3 all stars, GSW got 2, LAC got 2. POR getting two all stars makes a lot more sense than 10th seeded OKC getting two, or even 12th seeded SAC getting one.

Lillard got snubbed. Lillard got screwed. I hope he shows everyone of the Western Conference coaches who didn't vote for him why they were wrong.

BNM

Orion Bailey, Darkwebs and blue32 like this.
  9. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I just feel it's extremely unfair that he's being penalized for the past couple weeks. Our team has been decimated by injuries, Dame is clearly playing hurt after that nasty collision with Wade, and it's complete BS that the Thunder got two All-Stars with their current record.

blue32 likes this.
  10. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    I can't wait until we play OKC and clippers again.

11. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

What's worse is people will say no one will watch if there is no Durant... No one fucking watches anyway! All Stars should be the best players in each conference not the fucking lifetime achievement award or the fan favorites.. It should always be best players on best teams.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  12. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

Beware NBA.
    [​IMG]

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  13. SlyPokerDog

14. SlyPokerDog

Lillard updated his original post in Instagram -

I just want to thank everyone that felt I wasn't good enough. This isn't unfamiliar territory for me. It actually is what my life has been inspired by. I'd be lying if if I said I wasn't disappointed or that I don't feel disrespected, but it's not too much to handle. Not the first or last guy to be snubbed, but "you should have been there" is not good enough for me. But anyway, the reason I'm in these shoes is because I've always used the hand I was dealt to my advantage. A wise man once told me "it ain't always gone be peaches and cream, but somebody has to pay for the reason it's not...one way or another." #ImThankful#Real#NonAllStar#RipCity#YellowTape

15. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Something tells me he got some feedback that it wasn't so smart to call out Adam Silver by name.

16. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

More importantly, he had also called out the fans, and probably realized that's a bad idea.

17. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

Fuck Silver. (and Darius Miles and Raymond Felton)

blue32 likes this.
  18. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

FYI, listening to the NBA lockdown podcast--must have been recorded about 4 hours ago, because the Boogie-as-replacement news came in while they were recording. They agreed that Cousins was absolutely deserving, but were shocked that Lillard isn't in, agreed that he's clearly the biggest snub, and said they can't wait for Lillard's "Gilbert Arenas-esque revenge tour" following this snub. To quote: "Holy mother of everything--this is the wrong dude to snub. Team USA and the all-star game? This dude is going to go off on a tear, and it starts tonight in Atlanta." They even said that he should tell LA to have his surgery now so he can just go score with impunity and not have to worry about sharing the ball.

magnifier661 likes this.
  19. Boise Blazer

20. Boise Blazer