The Official Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Pacers fan forever, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

DJ got picked! He deserves to, he hustles his ass on defense and has great work ethic.

2. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

J (CA): Dude Jeff,Were you surprised to be traded as soon as you were drafted? JEFF GREEN: You're always surprised when you find out you're going to one team and you're traded five minutes into your career. I'm excited to play with Durant.fred (phils): hey jeff, did you predict you'll go this high in the draft?JEFF GREEN: I always have faith that I could go pretty high. It all mattered what teams were looking for. I'm lucky that teams wanted my caliber of play.Mark (Denver, CO): Who's game do you think yours most resemblesJEFF GREEN: Magic Johnson/Pippen. Passing the ball like Magic and playing defense like Pippen. Put those two together and you've got a Hall of Famer.Dan (Philadelphia, PA): Jeff, How did you feel about Hibbert choosing to go back to Georgetown?JEFF GREEN: I was pretty excited for him. I know what he can do He's getting a lot better. He can take the Hoyas to the title next year. Next year, he can be a top five draft pick.Matt (Eagan,MN): Hey Jeff, Who are you most looking forward to play againest in the NBA? Thanks!JEFF GREEN: Everyone. Everyone in the NBA is there for a reason, because they're one of the most talented players in the world. It will be a good competition for me to go against and see how's the best on the court.JEFF GREEN: I'd like to thank all my Georgetown Hoyas, players and students for all the support. My family members for always being there and all you bloggers.------Congrats DJ Straberry for getting on the PHX Suns!!!!!

3. Diawsome

Diawsome BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jun 28 2007, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I hope San Antonio, Pheonix, or Dallas takes DJ Strawberry the local guy. He's not the best of the bunch but he'll work hard. [​IMG]</div>well you got what you wanted [​IMG]

4. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

3 SG's. Way to go Joe.We now have.Billups/Rip/Stuckey/Afflalo/Acker/Flip/Hunter/Mejia

5. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Diawsome @ Jun 29 2007, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>well you got what you wanted [​IMG]</div>Definetely, go DJ!The Captain, Detroit made some key moves on improving their bench tonight. Rodney Stuckey and Aaron Affolo are both great additions.

6. BottomOfDaMapTX

BottomOfDaMapTX BBW Member

And it's over. Dallas -- useless draft.

7. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Truth @ Jun 29 2007, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>dallas useless draft? you guys got nick fazekas, another person here knowing nothing bout college bball</div>The best college players don't neccesaraly transfer their talents to the NBA, 'prepballerx'. Nick Fazekas was a nice pick in the second round but it wasn't a huge steal. BTW, don't IM me again trying to harras me. [​IMG]

8. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

I dont think Jeff Green is that great of a player. Contrary to popular belief the celtics made out well.

9. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jun 29 2007, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I dont think Jeff Green is that great of a player. Contrary to popular belief the celtics made out well.</div>Have you seen the kid play? He can do it all, and I think he'll turn out to be one of the best players to come out of this draft..

10. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Primetime hasn't watched any of these guys play, so take what he says with a grain of salt.

11. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

"According to league sources, Yi's representatives will ask the Bucks to trade Yi on Friday."

12. wade2shaq93

wade2shaq93 BBW Elite Member

God the Heat suck so bad. Even if we couldnt get Crittenton like we wanted to we still could have had a good draft. At 20, we couldve gotten Derrick Byers since EJ is getting old, and Posey and Kapono are FAs. That wouldve given us another shooter and makes losing Kapono not that bad, I like Daquan Cook too but I think Byers wouldve helped us much more right away. Then in the second we couldve gotten a young PG that led his team to two NCAA Titles in Taurean Green but instead we take some European guy and trade him for an '09 second. I think we couldve done much better.

13. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jun 29 2007, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I dont think Jeff Green is that great of a player. Contrary to popular belief the celtics made out well.</div>Jeff Green was doing it all in Georgetown. Really he's a point forward, I guess you could call him a poorman's LeBron. He works hard and can score when he's called upon to do so, we saw that in the earlier rounds of the NCAA tournament and the Big East tournament. He'll fit in great in Seattle with Durant on the frontcourt.

14. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Jun 29 2007, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Primetime hasn't watched any of these guys play, so take what he says with a grain of salt.</div>I havent watched jeff green? Considering the celtics are getting the best shooter in the NBA for a guy who cant shoot a dime out his ass I say they made out pretty damn well. I really dont see him as much more then an athletic roleplayer with size but it wont matter much when he comes to the NBA as an average defensive player and a very weak offensive player. He is a potential bust I believe contrary to hype.

15. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

Jeff Green is compared to Boris Diaw, which I think is a very good comparison. He won't give you a lot of one thing, but a good amount of everything. He can play a lot of positions and he played in a share offense at Georgetown, which I think will transfer over nicely to playing with Kevin Durant.

16. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jun 29 2007, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I havent watched jeff green? Considering the celtics are getting the best shooter in the NBA for a guy who cant shoot a dime out his ass I say they made out pretty damn well. I really dont see him as much more then an athletic roleplayer with size but it wont matter much when he comes to the NBA as an average defensive player and a very weak offensive player. He is a potential bust I believe contrary to hype.</div>You haven't watched Jeff Green. Green can hit a 3 but thats not his game at all. He plays closer to the basket, gets his teammates involved, rebounds, and defends. He's got a VERY high basketball IQ, and he knows what to do with the ball when he gets it and his passing is just phenomenal. He's one of the most NBA-ready guys in the draft, he's got potential, and there are no glaring weaknesses with Green.Nobody is Ray Allen. Nobody on earth can shoot the 3 like Ray Allen. Allen is aging and the Celtics wanted another star, they got him. Great trade for the Sonics, and good trade for the C's.

17. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Jun 29 2007, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You haven't watched Jeff Green. Green can hit a 3 but thats not his game at all. He plays closer to the basket, gets his teammates involved, rebounds, and defends. He's got a VERY high basketball IQ, and he knows what to do with the ball when he gets it and his passing is just phenomenal. He's one of the most NBA-ready guys in the draft, he's got potential, and there are no glaring weaknesses with Green.Nobody is Ray Allen. Nobody on earth can shoot the 3 like Ray Allen. Allen is aging and the Celtics wanted another star, they got him. Great trade for the Sonics, and good trade for the C's.</div>My whole point of my post was ray allen is a better deal. I dont believe a point-forward can get by without having great defensive or offensive skills in the nba as a great player and just rely on his passing. Im not saying he will be the worst player ever but as I originally mentioned he will be a role player.

18. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jun 29 2007, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>My whole point of my post was ray allen is a better deal. I dont believe a point-forward can get by without having great defensive or offensive skills in the nba as a great player and just rely on his passing. Im not saying he will be the worst player ever but as I originally mentioned he will be a role player.</div>He's a great perimeter defender. He's got good post skills, good mid range game, and he can hit the outside shot.. I think he'll be a star

19. primetime

We'll just have to wait til November to see whose right(career allstar or career role player?) maybe both or maybe bust.

20. Delonte4Prez

Delonte4Prez BBW Member

I agree that Jeff Green will be a great player in this league. He is who I wanted the celtics to take if we kept the pick.Hes unselfish, good range, good post player, HIGH basketball IQ, and CONSISTANCY is one of his big strengths.How can you say a guy whos biggest complaint coming into the draft was that he shared the ball too much and should have shot more because hes so good on offense will be not that great in the NBA. Once he gets in his groove, he'll be something special.