The Official Lottery/Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Nasty, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

One thing Babcock has proven however in the past 2 years however is he makes great second round choices. Pape Sow last year (we traded for him, but Babs still got him) and Ukic who could possibly be the steal of the second round. Graham is a good pick, he will help our defense which was really lacking last year, but I can't see how we could pass up on Granger and Green TWICE. I'm still in shock at the Villanueva pick....

PG: Alston/Ukic
    SG: Rose/Peterson
    SF: Graham/Williams
    PF: Bosh/Villanueva/Bonner
    C: Sow/Araujo

Oh well, at least we are going to have one of the best 2nd units this year.

2. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

I think Rose should come off the bench as some instant offense along with CVilly... Our first line is a good defensive team incase you didn't notice... just if we could get Skip to play some defense...

I wonder how Bonner is gonna be feelin...

3. Bobcats

Bonner should be fine. Eric Williams sucks and doesn't get any playing time, so Bonner or Villy could move down to SF and the other could be a backup PF. I expect Mitchell to mix the offense and defense at the same time.

4. BlueBayou

BlueBayou JBB JustBBall Member

@ draft time I was pissed. But now I don't think the players we got are not that bad.

5. Stunt101

Stunt101 JBB JustBBall Member

the only reason i found the draft ok is becuase babs embry and mitchell all got together to make this pick so it wasnt a one man thing

6. Bobcats

It was a good draft, but that's all it was. Good. Not GREAT like it could've been.

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

This could've been the Raptors best draft ever. We could've had Green/Granger and Graham, and Ukic, or even Jarett Jack by trading our second round picks to Denver for him like Portland did.

8. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

The Raptors looked lost as Stephen A. Smith put it and I would have to agree. Charlie Villanueva at number seven baffles me but Joey Graham at sixteen seems like a steal. If I were the Raptors I would select Channing Frye with the 7th pick and then pick Danny Granger with the 16th. It wasn't a grade F draft for the Raptors but they certainly could have done a lot better.

9. og15

og15 JBB *********

What do you guys think of inviting Steven Graham to the summer league team?

10. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">This could've been the Raptors best draft ever. We could've had Green/Granger and Graham, and Ukic, or even Jarett Jack by trading our second round picks to Denver for him like Portland did.</div>
    Portland sent one first round and a second round. (27th and 35th picks I believe) we only had a 40th and 58th which is nothing in comparision to 27th and 35th. However we did nicely with Ukic.