The Official NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by JoshBosh, Jun 25, 2006.

1. AmBitIoNz23

AmBitIoNz23 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iversonfan268 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ummm in case you didnt notice this was the NBA draft the NFL one was like 2 months ago.</div>I'm aware of that, thanks, I was just pointing out that Noel has athleticism thats NFL worthy, not something you can say about most NBA players.BTW, Iversonfan, not trying to sound mean, just asking a question, but how come Philly picked two more 6'6" defensive minded, athletes who cant handle the rock that well. Dont you guys already have Iggy and John Salmons and all those guys still? Again, I'm just asking for your thoughts, not mocking your team or team's management or anything.

2. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Just wanted to say, I got bashed when I didn't have Marcus Williams going in the lottery in my mock. Well guess what, he fell not only out of the lottery but went to 22. Also, I like to say Utah did well in this draft, as well as Chicago and even Portland. Good draft, and good prospects that went undrafted.

3. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

I did not read this entire topic.I just thought something that was funny was when Dan Patrick said he liked Tagliabue better than David Stern, I was rolling. The other thing that got me was when it said Foye would most like to meet his parents... that's messed up to put that as a draft fact for a player.Redick seemed to be a prick, honestly. I loved how he said his DUI was an "isolated incident." What a stupid thing to say. Oh man Redick, I am so glad that was an isolated incident. As though that makes anything better.

4. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

David Noel is a solid player. He won't be a star, but he is a very underrated defender. He is also one of the most selfless guys I've met, and seen play on the court. Look for him to make a mark with his defense

5. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

I completely agree, Noel was a solid pick that late in the draft. He will be able to play the three spot well, and slide inside a bang for short period of time with that body. I really expect to see him push Simmons for playing time, and maybe one day take over his spot in the future.

6. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Mike Gansley didn't get his name called, which was a little dissapointing, especially since Detroit could have grabbed him last pick, but he'll be an undrafted rookie and will get his minutes.

7. MVPBaller

MVPBaller BBW Elite Member

I'm so happy about the Nets draft yesterday. Marcus Williams was a huge steal, and Josh Boone is a player to bring depth to the frontcourt and replace Clifford Robinson

8. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Does anyone think next year the ESPN panel should just shut up? They were bashing a couple players when they were walking up to the podium on probably what was there proudest moments while hearing guys like Stephen A and Jay Bilas rip you on your faults. I just didn't get it, especially when they closed in on Rudy Gay and the panel talks about his lack of killer instinct and you see him visibly upset that he hasn't been picked yet. Just ridiculous.

9. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Jun 29 2006, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Does anyone think next year the ESPN panel should just shut up? They were bashing a couple players when they were walking up to the podium on probably what was there proudest moments while hearing guys like Stephen A and Jay Bilas rip you on your faults. I just didn't get it, especially when they closed in on Rudy Gay and the panel talks about his lack of killer instinct and you see him visibly upset that he hasn't been picked yet. Just ridiculous.</div> I agree, they did the same sh*t to Charlie Villanueva and Josh Smith, this crap pisses me off. They steal the moment and it's wrong.

10. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

good thing allan ray didn't get drafted. He's probably going to end up on the Cs.

11. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AmBitIoNz23 @ Jun 28 2006, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm aware of that, thanks, I was just pointing out that Noel has athleticism thats NFL worthy, not something you can say about most NBA players.BTW, Iversonfan, not trying to sound mean, just asking a question, but how come Philly picked two more 6'6" defensive minded, athletes who cant handle the rock that well. Dont you guys already have Iggy and John Salmons and all those guys still? Again, I'm just asking for your thoughts, not mocking your team or team's management or anything.</div>First off Carney isn't that much of a defensive minded player. We picked him up because we wanted an athletic wingman to go along w/ Iggy. We got Bobby Jones for defense which we badly need. Hes one of the best defensive players in the draft and we badly needed that. Other than Iggy we have like 0 defense. The only problem we got now is a logjam at the wing positions so im not sure what were gonna do about that.

12. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Jul 1 2006, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>good thing allan ray didn't get drafted. He's probably going to end up on the Cs.</div>Yeah, he only has ONE EYE. Talk about losing draft stock. I remember everyone hyping him a lot.

13. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

umm.. he still has two eyes. it got poked, not taken out.

14. RashadzMcCantz

RashadzMcCantz BBW Elite Member

Watch for these players in the 2007 NBA DraftGreg OdenKevin DurantJoakim NoahThaddeus Young My favorite player from next years draft,he's going to be good.Julian WrightSpencer HawesTiago Splitter

15. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

Julian Wright is a sleeper. I think he's going to be a star.

16. Big Smitty

Big Smitty BBW Member

^Julian Wright said he isn't going to declare for the 07 draft, then again that can all change in a year..